MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Have to get rid of a Minitaur. Replacements?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Have to get rid of a Minitaur. Replacements?
Epignosis567
I've had my moog minitaur for years and I am in love with it, nothing I've ever heard sounds similar. Does anyone who has owned a minitaur have an opinion on some euro combination that would sound similar? I've not been able to find anything so clean and creamy and precise at the same time. (Not interested in the mother 32, absolutely hate the design.)
makers
I searched for my Taurus 3 pedal sound in Euro but didn't find it. I tried Frequency Central's Raging Bull among many other Oscilator/VCA/Filter combinations.

I recently got a Minitaur in a trade and it immediately satisfied.
Epignosis567
Not helping. help
I can't get rid of it without finding a euro replacement first. How do you sequence it, over midi?
kwaidan
I sold my Minitaur to this guy, and he converted it to Euro:

Euro Minitaur
makers
I sequence the Minitaur with a Metropolis... MY ASS IS BLEEDING
TifaretMusic
I think it's going to be impossible to find anything that sounds close, I sold mine and pretty much instantly regretted it. The oscillator/filter combo is just too unique I think. I'd just keep it if you love it that much.
Bogus
makers wrote:
I searched for my Taurus 3 pedal sound in Euro but didn't find it. I tried Frequency Central's Raging Bull among many other Oscilator/VCA/Filter combinations.

I recently got a Minitaur in a trade and it immediately satisfied.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it Rockin' Banana!
ethnotronics
Why do you want to get rid of it?

I think you will not find an exact replacement in Eurorack and it is going to cost more (besides eating up HPs in your rack).

...That said....actually I also own a Minitaur, and I also want to find a replacement in Eurorack (hides)
Reason being it does not have PWM, and I don't want an exact replacement (otherwise I would keep the Minitaur)
ethnotronics
Edit: ignore, accidental post
suthnear
Epignosis567 wrote:
I am in love with it

I don't know why you'd even be thinking of selling it then...

And, it has an audio in and cv and gate ins so it plays fairly nicely with eurorack anyway. You could easily supplement it with another moogish oscillator that does have PWM (e.g. both AJH's minimod and Aion's 921 oscillators do). As someone said, you're not going to get 2 oscillators, filter, VCAs, envelopes, etc for whatever you'll get for selling the minitaur.
r05c03
Yeah, not sure why you are selling if think you have to immediately replace it with Euro stuff. Consider two VCO's, a filter, and LFO, ENV etc. To much to replace with no real ability to truly reproduce it. I would keep it.
jenz
Epignosis567 wrote:
I've had my moog minitaur for years and I am in love with it, nothing I've ever heard sounds similar.

Don't sell it then... It plays well with euro too!

If you are using it don't sell it, If you did not use it for a couple of weeks then sell it.
flashheart
jenz wrote:
Epignosis567 wrote:
I've had my moog minitaur for years and I am in love with it, nothing I've ever heard sounds similar.

Don't sell it then... It plays well with euro too!

this thumbs up

seriously, i just don't get it Just don't understand why you'd want to sell it, apart from the usual obsession over everything having to be in Eurorack. Keep it and buy stuff to complement it.
strangegravity
If you use a generous amount of hot melt glue you could get the minitaur stick to your euro case..... problem solved.
darwingrosse
Loved the Minitaur, also similarly loved the Macbeth Micromac - although the lack of patch points for that was irritating. But my current Euro-Moogy obsession is the AJH synth stuff. Like you, I like the creamy-but-precise nature of 'em, and the AJH is doin' it for me.
ethnotronics
suthnear wrote:
Epignosis567 wrote:
I am in love with it

I don't know why you'd even be thinking of selling it then...

And, it has an audio in and cv and gate ins so it plays fairly nicely with eurorack anyway. You could easily supplement it with another moogish oscillator that does have PWM (e.g. both AJH's minimod and Aion's 921 oscillators do). As someone said, you're not going to get 2 oscillators, filter, VCAs, envelopes, etc for whatever you'll get for selling the minitaur.

The one looking for PWM was me, not the OP.
You mixed the two posts razz
rjk
First post here.

I'd be inclined to stick with the Minitaur, as others have said, it plays nicely with Euro stuff and you won't get precisely what you want in Euroland especially at the price you will probably attain for your Minitaur.
suthnear
ethnotronics wrote:
You mixed the two posts razz

I was answering both of you...
smilinggoat
This is one reason I can't wait for the Mother-32 to drop. If for nothing else than having that patchable ladder filter.
Epignosis567
I'm probably going to have to keep it just because I can't find anything to replace it. But it's extremely limited, small tuning range, no pwm as was said before, envelope d/r was a really poor design decision, and it doesn't always play well with euro stuff, it seems to malfunction in weird ways and I have to turn it off and on to get it to respond as it should. It drives me crazy that Moog's recent stuff it always *almost* perfect. When I'm not we're not worthy I'm d'oh! when it comes to Moog... like that Mother 32 interface: very frustrating
Epignosis567
Still fielding suggestions for creamy filters and snappy envelopes like the minitaur....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1