MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new intellijel system + modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author new intellijel system + modules
poppinger
I'm definitely in the market for one of the cases.

realshafer wrote:
To my ears, the freeze effect produces a dull click when engaged. Does anyone else notice that?

Yes.
oscillateur
kisielk wrote:
That's powered, with the I/O ports. The modules (┬ÁMIDI 1U, audio interface) are separate.

Is the lid included ?

Edit : also, did you plan to make a soft cover or something similar to protect the I/O on the top (in case of rain/etc.) ?
whitewulfe
kisielk wrote:
Yes, just a ribbon cable. For the boat cases the ribbon goes to another tile with the connectors.

Definitely good to know!
kisielk
Lid is included. No plans for a soft cover at this point
oscillateur
kisielk wrote:
Lid is included. No plans for a soft cover at this point

Cool, thanks for the info. thumbs up

I saw on one pic that it's possible to use a strap to carry the case (which is great as carrying a modular just with a handle gets old pretty quickly smile ), will the strap be included too ?
kisielk
That's TBD I guess. Case design & accessories are still being finalized.
VanEck
Anyone catch the ETA on the Jellysquasher? I must have missed it if it was announced.
strangegravity
I saw on the NAMM 2016 Euro thread that the Intellijel tiles are 6mm short of 1U. There is a pic of someone holding a blank 1U tile next to the Intellijel tiles and it looks to be true.

Why didn't Intellijel use standard "U" divisions?
Citizen Klaus
strangegravity wrote:
I saw on the NAMM 2016 Euro thread that the Intellijel tiles are 6mm short of 1U. There is a pic of someone holding a blank 1U tile next to the Intellijel tiles and it looks to be true.

Why didn't Intellijel use standard "U" divisions?

They did. Intellijel derived their 1U tiles from the Doepfer spec; Pulp Logic and Earthenvar didn't.
dumbledog
There is no Doepfer 1U spec.
Citizen Klaus
dumbledog wrote:
There is no Doepfer 1U spec.

That's why I said "derived."
mateo
Someone needs to make a 1U thread, sticky it, and point everybody there when this comes up.

Citizen klaus didn't say there was a Doepfer 1U spec, he said Intellijel derived from the Doepfer spec, which is correct. The spec says "The final height of the front panels is a bit less than 133.4 mm (3U) as the rim of the mounting rails has to taken into consideration". PulpLogic decided to make their tile panels exactly 1U to get a bit of extra PCB space, which was possible because they use Vector rails, but it means their tiles are not compatible with all rails.
strangegravity
mateo wrote:
Someone needs to make a 1U thread, sticky it, and point everybody there when this comes up.

Citizen klaus didn't say there was a Doepfer 1U spec, he said Intellijel derived from the Doepfer spec, which is correct. The spec says "The final height of the front panels is a bit less than 133.4 mm (3U) as the rim of the mounting rails has to taken into consideration". PulpLogic decided to make their tile panels exactly 1U to get a bit of extra PCB space, which was possible because they use Vector rails, but it means their tiles are not compatible with all rails.

Now that explanation made sense. Thank you
exper
strangegravity wrote:
mateo wrote:

Now that explanation made sense. Thank you

Besides that, there's no real 1u spec either. monome's is 1.25u I think, there's erthenvar's vector based size, I think someone said the make noise bus bar is a little different, and who know what Vermona or birdkids based theirs on.
Citizen Klaus
mateo wrote:

Thanks for that longer explanation, mateo. I've created an info thread here, in case anyone wants to check it over.
JCM
The NAMM Demo is pretty helpful actually. Thanks to the sax you get a nice preview of what it'll sound like in a Vaporwave context.
kisielk
Information about the new modules is now up on the Intellijel website:

https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/

We should have pages for the 4U cases and 1U modules up later this week.
geremyf
We are impatiently awaiting!
Yeggman
geremyf wrote:
We are impatiently awaiting!

SO impatiently hyper
SamUK
intellijel wrote:
xonetacular wrote:
taylor12k wrote:
got word from danjel on twitter that the faceplates are indeed different:

intellijel: @taylordeupree same kind of metal that mutable also uses. it has a whiter appearance but is still metallic.

dumb change, what was wrong with the old finish?

We wanted to do a bit of a graphics refresh and we switched to using a new digital CMYK printing process as it allows us many more color options for graphics and no alignment issues between colors. In order to use this new process we had to use a different kind of metal plate which happens to have a different kind of finish. imho they look substantially nicer too!

So are we expecting refreshed panels for all the modules? If so, when?
geremyf
Whoa. I need that 7U case. More details here:

Finally figured out how to embed video meh
dc_Sux
kisielk wrote:

We should have pages for the 4U cases and 1U modules up later this week.

Drums!
Geaux
Impatiently awaiting the 1U module specs to go up so they can be put into modular grid and I can continue my drooling over them w00t
Voggg
Right now there's only the 4u and 7u announced right? I'm hoping for a 10U, 126hp version.
maltemark
126hp <3 would love that
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 9 of 18