MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Rings
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 87, 88, 89  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Rings
SB-SIX
For ppl who can't get enough, here is a long recording of some noodling, exploring all modes. Its incredible. https://soundcloud.com/steeboo/rings/s-YtPCC

[s]https://soundcloud.com/steeboo/rings/s-YtPCC[/s]
digable-me
SB-SIX wrote:
For ppl who can't get enough, here is a long recording of some noodling, exploring all modes. Its incredible. https://soundcloud.com/steeboo/rings/s-YtPCC

[s]https://soundcloud.com/steeboo/rings/s-YtPCC[/s]

Fuck man, those chords at 19.20 sound awesome. What mode is that?
Upright
That does sound great...like an epic, evolving soundtrack.
SB-SIX
Cheers guys! I think chords around 19mins are from the strings mode, but then the alternative mode (long press in Orange mode).
davidh
another video (sorry for that high frequency noise, the lp/bp/hp button was not completely down angry but Rings was up ! SlayerBadger! )

decaynews
thanks also...great work this ringsdings. Lotsa Love
BlueWolfSe7en
Wow nice Olivier!!!
Top sounds Baddcr & SB-Six!
See Daisuk here too...what is this, the EU reunion thread? :-)
guestt
Cheers BlueWolfSe7en Guinness ftw!

If muffs had an Elektron section huh? Mr. Green

Nice work SIB-SIX - liking a lot of those sounds, makes me realise just how much more fun I have yet to have with mine! Chords sound lovely!!!
strange tales
davidh wrote:
another video (sorry for that high frequency noise, the lp/bp/hp button was not completely down angry but Rings was up ! SlayerBadger! )

Videos like this make me so excited for mine to come in This is fun!

Just bought mine from MeMe, going to impatiently wait for this to show up at my door.
pinhole_sunrise
davidh wrote:

Nice
jido_genshi
First quick test of my newly arrived Mutable Instruments Rings module. Rings is being processed by the MI Clouds module. Additional sounds from MI Elements. Rings and Elements are being "influenced" by the Make Noise Richter Wogglebug and sequenced by two Moog Mother-32s (no sounds are being used from the Mother-32s. No other sounds, effects or post-processing was done on this track.)

I can't thank Mutable Instruments enough for existing! Their modules are so inspiring!

On a side note: once I installed Rings, my Pressure Points froze. I should have more than enough power, i've restarted several times, took out all the modules and reconnected them, but Pressure Points is just frozen no matter what I do! Any thoughts or advice?

Dave77
Rings+Clouds

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/242735326" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Hazza26
jido_genshi that was STUNNING. if you could divulge more detailed patch notes that would really make my day. Is that wogglebug triggering the multiple plucks on each note? Rings arriving tomorrow so no doubt all will become clear on that front. Buy your Clouds modulations are bad-ass, and the subtle drift of pitch and timbre is organic and gorgeous.

Thanks for posting!
Hazza26
Dave77 that was super nice too! Warm musical textures.. mmmm.
jido_genshi
Hazza26 wrote:
jido_genshi that was STUNNING. if you could divulge more detailed patch notes that would really make my day. Is that wogglebug triggering the multiple plucks on each note? Rings arriving tomorrow so no doubt all will become clear on that front. Buy your Clouds modulations are bad-ass, and the subtle drift of pitch and timbre is organic and gorgeous.

Thanks for posting!

Thank you! I really appreciate that...

Yes, Wogglebug's Stepped CV Out is influencing the Mallet to fluctuate between the multiple plucks and regular plucks of Elements (and I think one step of the sequence from the Mother-32 was ratcheting as well.) The Smooth CV Out is influencing the Geometry of Elements and the Position in Rings. And the Smooth Audio Out of the Wogglebug is going into the FM of Elements for that quivery sound (see photo below for visual reference.) The plan was to control many other parameters manually using Pressure Points, but...

And thanks again for the kind words!

[/img]
no_camo
Incredible!
newgreyarea
Got my Rings the other day. Way cool little piece of kit. My only issue is that the Posistion and Structure knobs seem to effect the pitch which I thought only the Frequency would do. Makes it a little difficult to modulate as it sends my sequences out of tune.
Extortionist
wildfrontiers wrote:
Speaking of Rings tracks, this latest video I did utilizes 2 Rings. Was getting some piano-like sounds out of one of them.

This (with the help of the many great recordings posted in the last several pages) convinced me to order one of these. Great track.

Can't wait for mine.
Joe.
New Batch of Rings is in the Wild... So which one of you actually has a Ravish Sitar Pedal as well This is fun!

I neeeed to hear that demo guys MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Junk Rhythm
LoFi Junglist wrote:
New Batch of Rings is in the Wild... So which one of you actually has a Ravish Sitar Pedal as well

I like where this is going.
Mitaric
Dave77 wrote:
Rings+Clouds

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/242735326" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Love it Dave77! Any patch notes for this? Rockin' Banana!
REVIVER
newgreyarea wrote:
Got my Rings the other day. Way cool little piece of kit. My only issue is that the Posistion and Structure knobs seem to effect the pitch which I thought only the Frequency would do. Makes it a little difficult to modulate as it sends my sequences out of tune.

Position really shouldn't affect pitch in any of the settings, but Structure definitely will. Consider it the same as the Geometry setting on Elements, they both function the same way.

Best spot to put the Structure knob is at the ~10:00 position right where the little paisley "leaf" is sticking out. This should keep it relatively "in tune".
scottmoon
LoFi Junglist wrote:
New Batch of Rings is in the Wild... So which one of you actually has a Ravish Sitar Pedal as well This is fun!

I neeeed to hear that demo guys MY ASS IS BLEEDING

I have one. I'll give it a go later today but here is a little something I improvised last night. Linnstrument > FH-1 > Sputnik Oscillator > Rings > Clouds (modulated by LFOs from Endorphin.es Shuttle and Orbitals).

[s]https://soundcloud.com/lunarasylum/space-000[/s]
pichenettes
REVIVER wrote:
Position really shouldn't affect pitch in any of the settings, but Structure definitely will. Consider it the same as the Geometry setting on Elements, they both function the same way

More accurately:

Position: when modulated, this parameter creates the same kind of dancing notches in the spectrum as a flanger/phaser, so it can give a feeling of wobbly pitch or chorus. There's not much I can do here. You can't make something move rapidly in space without getting these kinds of doppler effects.

Structure: just like with Elements... The module does not necessarily generate harmonic timbres in which the partials are regularly spaced (harmonics at f0, 2 x f0, 3 x f0, 4 x f0). Instead, we get bell-like or cymbal-like timbres which are just clusters of unrelated harmonics, for which there is no clear-cut answer to the question "which note is it?".

When STRUCTURE (on Rings) or GEOMETRY (on Elements) are set to the position marked in orange in the following picture, the partials are regularly spaced (f0, 2xf0, 3xf0, 4xf0) and the pitch is unambiguous. below this point, the partial cluster together, above this point they start spreading (for example the second harmonic is at 2.5 times the fundamental).

REVIVER
pichenettes wrote:
REVIVER wrote:
Position really shouldn't affect pitch in any of the settings, but Structure definitely will. Consider it the same as the Geometry setting on Elements, they both function the same way

More accurately:

Position: when modulated, this parameter creates the same kind of dancing notches in the spectrum as a flanger/phaser, so it can gives a feeling of wobbly pitch or chorus. There's not much I can do here. You can't make something move rapidly in space without getting these kind of doppler effects.

Structure: just like with Elements... The module does not necessarily generate harmonic timbres in which the partials are regularly spaced (harmonics at f0, 2 x f0, 3 x f0, 4 x f0). Instead, we get bell-like or cymbal-like timbres which are just clusters of unrelated harmonics, for which there is no clear-cut answer to the question "which note is it?".

When STRUCTURE (on Rings) or GEOMETRY (on Elements) are set to the position marked in orange in the following picture, the partials are regularly spaced (f0, 2xf0, 3xf0, 4xf0) and the pitch is unambiguous. below this point, the partial cluster together, above this point they start spreading (for example the second harmonic is at 2.5 times the fundamental).

Awesome. Explaining it better than I ever could!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 87, 88, 89  Next [all]
Page 30 of 89