MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new intellijel system + modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author new intellijel system + modules
kisielk
If you see the cases in person, they look extremely well balanced with the 84hp size. Also since a lot of the utility functions are built in to the 1U row there's less need for the case to be wider. The 84hp size also allowed us to use existing widely-available rails which make the case more affordable.
Torn n Frayed
0netwo0netwo wrote:
yes contacted him directly and let me tell you his customer service is excellent even though he may take a while to get back to you you just have to be patient and see what happens

SlayerBadger! mr danjel rocks!!

Yes, must chime in here; I sent Intellijel an email about a broken Rubicon on Xmas eve and Dan replied back that night! Sent it off late December and it took them a while to get it taken care of due to holidays and NAMM but Dan gave me a break and they came through with a brand new one!! Thanks Intellijel!! applause
kasey
Torn n Frayed wrote:
0netwo0netwo wrote:
yes contacted him directly and let me tell you his customer service is excellent even though he may take a while to get back to you you just have to be patient and see what happens

Yes, must chime in here; I sent Intellijel an email about a broken Rubicon on Xmas eve and Dan replied back that night! Sent it off late December and it took them a while to get it taken care of due to holidays and NAMM but Dan gave me a break and they came through with a brand new one!! Thanks Intellijel!! applause

I once broke a knob on my Metropolis and Danjel sent me a replacement in the mail for $0 inc. postage. <3
pitri
they have 104 HP cases on their website now...
when will be the 7U available and the link ability?
i hope schneiders is gonna stock them..
oscillateur
kisielk wrote:
If you see the cases in person, they look extremely well balanced with the 84hp size. Also since a lot of the utility functions are built in to the 1U row there's less need for the case to be wider. The 84hp size also allowed us to use existing widely-available rails which make the case more affordable.

Aren't there already 4U 104 HP cases though ?
kisielk
oscillateur wrote:
kisielk wrote:

The 4U cases are built as a one piece custom aluminum extrusion. Since it's an extruded process they can be made any length as long as the overall shape is the same.
waves_of_awesome
esoteric23 wrote:
Add another voice hoping to see a 104hp 7U offering from Intellijel.
ditto!
oscillateur
kisielk wrote:
oscillateur wrote:
kisielk wrote:

The 4U cases are built as a one piece custom aluminum extrusion. Since it's an extruded process they can be made any length as long as the overall shape is the same.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the explanation.

I'd still prefer a 104HP version though wink.
tebs213
I guess one solution would be to put two 4u 104hp cases together? Still would be cheaper than a lot of solutions, but am I correct in that the 4u cases don't have the built in ins and outs and midi? Can't say I'd complain about 208hp of 1u. Plenty of room for lots of quad attenuators!
tebs213
Also, making the 4u and 7u cases able to connect would be super clutch. At 84hp that would be a solid alternative long term for me instead of a 7u 104 if it's not going to be made.
timothyjr
If anyone's curious, I e-mailed Danjel about the Jellysquasher's input capabilities and he said it needs euro level signals to function properly. That's what I expected to hear, but I figured some more info would be nice.
TheSolenoids
The 7u cases with connectors, covers, and pop out legs were among my favorites from NAMM. Looking forward to these!
_seph
I think the 7U at 84hp will be a nice size and if I end up with two, it somehow seems far less excessive.
Flohr

Was daydreaming about this. Would be a seriously awesome monosynth.
Citizen Klaus
Question for kisielk (or anyone):

Will the 7U 84HP have enough room inside for internal mounting of Springray tanks? Thinking of maybe picking up one of these cases with tax-return money once they're released.
futuredaze
just ordered one of the 4U cases, emailed danjel about it before i ordered asking about the possibility of having the ins/outs and midi jacks on the back of the case, like the 7U case. he said that currently is not an option but that you could easily drill out holes for the ins/outs yourself, but midi might be a bit trickier to drill/mount yourself
tebs213
Citizen Klaus wrote:

Will the 7U 84HP have enough room inside for internal mounting of Springray tanks? Thinking of maybe picking up one of these cases with tax-return money once they're released.

They definitely looked deeper than I expected in the NAMM videos, certainly not skiff shallow. I'm curious about this myself.
kisielk
Citizen Klaus wrote:

Yes you can fit a springray tank. The case depth is 80mm (same as our 4U cases) and the power supply only occupies one row.
SkeenaCloud
Very excited for this year's Intellijel releases... to put it mildly.

How does the VCF work - does it filter the sidechain input only? If nothing was patched into the Sidechain, would it filter the Input signal or leave it alone?

I'm guessing if you wanted to use the filter by itself you'd patch your signal into the Sidechain and out of the VCF Output...

Just a question that popped into my head. Looking forward to scooping this one up.
WaveRider
kasey wrote:
Torn n Frayed wrote:
0netwo0netwo wrote:

I once broke a knob on my Metropolis and Danjel sent me a replacement in the mail for $0 inc. postage. <3

yeah they rule and I love that they are in my country, so no customs when getting service. The modules are well made, nice documentation etc... hi-tec and quality all the way. I know they won't leave me in the dust if I have problems. Thank you!
oscillateur
Any news about the 7U cases availability ? It's peanut butter jelly time!
kisielk
We got some of the first parts in from manufacturers this week, the rest should be arriving soon. A lot of local shops involved for the different plastics, milling, sheet metal, engraving, etc. Hopefully not long now smile
damase
SkeenaCloud wrote:
Very excited for this year's Intellijel releases... to put it mildly.

How does the VCF work - does it filter the sidechain input only? If nothing was patched into the Sidechain, would it filter the Input signal or leave it alone?

I'm guessing if you wanted to use the filter by itself you'd patch your signal into the Sidechain and out of the VCF Output...

Just a question that popped into my head. Looking forward to scooping this one up.

Traditionally it filters the sidechain input only but i was also curious to the operation of the filter functions. Im very excited to jellysquash
Naqin
Will the 4U cases be distributed to Europe? The 42HP one looks just about perfect for my needs, but I'm scared of the shipping and import costs Dead Banana
kisielk
Naqin wrote:
Will the 4U cases be distributed to Europe? The 42HP one looks just about perfect for my needs, but I'm scared of the shipping and import costs Dead Banana

Ask your favourite dealer to get some in and they can get them with their next order.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 11 of 18