MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel 1U Info Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Intellijel 1U Info Thread
xonetacular
quadratt looks cool. I know it can mix audio too as long as you turn down unused channels to not add dc offset like triatt but is there going to be a more audio focused 1u mixer too? that would be cool.
Grom
how about making a bigger I/O or an expansion? 6 tracks would be great to pull your modular jams apart and rearrange them in a daw.

Imo this would be a perfect 1U module, keeping the fluff out of your 3U space
slumberjack
how is it with vermona 1u, do they fit into intellijel cases?
iirussell
slumberjack wrote:

I don't think so. Vermona 1u tiles look to be 43mm high. At least that's what it says on the Schneidersladen website.
string56
iirussell wrote:
slumberjack wrote:

I don't think so. Vermona 1u tiles look to be 43mm high. At least that's what it says on the Schneidersladen website.

OK, thanks for that info. However, will the Intellijel modules fit into the Vermona case? Earlier it was mentioned that they would fit rows with or without a lip, so although standard tiles won't fit Intellijel's 1U format, perhaps the latter will work in the (lipped) Vermona?
iirussell
string56 wrote:

OK, thanks for that info. However, will the Intellijel modules fit into the Vermona case? Earlier it was mentioned that they would fit rows with or without a lip, so although standard tiles won't fit Intellijel's 1U format, perhaps the latter will work in the (lipped) Vermona?

It looks like the Vermona are 43mm tall, and the Intellijel are 39.65mm tall. So although there's technically enough room to fit the Intellijel 1u in a 43mm case, the position of the holes would be wrong, so you wouldnt be able to mount them in the Vermona case without making a new panel for them.

I've not seen either in person, but this looks to be the case from the specs online. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
slumberjack
iirussell wrote:
slumberjack wrote:

THX
widgetoz
solitud wrote:
Any suggestions how to name the new 1U formats to tell them apart?

Intellijel 1U and Pulp Logic 1U?
Lipless 1U and lipped 1U?

I understand the problem but this is a mess!
Users won't understand this and will be left disappointed. And I already regret that we tried to support 1U format on ModularGrid.

ModularGrid lets you drop all quirky mixed 1Us in a row and suggest that they all will fit.
But they won't. :waah:

Am I missing something ...
the Intellijel ones are what woudlbe recognised as true EuroRack while the Erthenvar ones fall under the FracRack format.
i.e. FracRack uses the full height of the 3U space while EuroRack uses a reduced (~5mm) height.
I am calling them 1UF (1U FracRack) and 1UE (1U EuroRack). The 1UF use lipless rails while the 1UE use lipped rails. We support and supply Side Panels and Rails to suit BOTH formats.
BOTH formats will fit in to a 1U space.
Effie
Bought a 1u quadratt and passive mult to put in the 1U space in my synthrotek case. Already had some pulplogic stuff in there (which I love!). Here's a photo to show the size difference: http://i.imgur.com/a6BxhUc.jpg
autopoiesis
@Effie, how are those Intellijel tiles holding up in your "1UF"-sized tile row when you stick cables in and out of them?
DSC
Looks like some conversion panels would be necessary.
Effie
autopoiesis wrote:
@Effie, how are those Intellijel tiles holding up in your "1UF"-sized tile row when you stick cables in and out of them?

Haven't had too much time with them but they feel sturdy enough. I don't see any problems arising due to only screwing the top in. Having two different 1U module sizes is not as aesthetically pleasing, but I don't mind.
nicdro
Why is the 1u mult passive? for me the 1u utilities are to save space. a buffered mult would make so much more sense...
geremyf
What happened to those cool 1u black PCB blank panels that were on the pictures of the original cases? I'd really like a little Intellijel robot one! That looked so cool.
widgetoz
nicdro wrote:
Why is the 1u mult passive? for me the 1u utilities are to save space. a buffered mult would make so much more sense...

Because it is cheap and for many task you just need to 'stack patches'. They use stackable patchleads extensively in Serge land and don't need a buffered mult for that.
Buffered mults come in more useful when patching critical voltages like 1V/Octave stuff or if you need to make a 1-in/50-out (exaggerated!!!) patch. Passives are all-way whereas buffered is one so with a passive you can plug in to any of the grouped jacks and get the desired results whereas with buffered there is an IN and there are OUTS. Also remember that you shouldn't plug multiple outputs together with either type with out first using some form of mixer
nicdro
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:

Because it is cheap and for many task you just need to 'stack patches'. They use stackable patchleads extensively in Serge land and don't need a buffered mult for that.
Buffered mults come in more useful when patching critical voltages like 1V/Octave stuff or if you need to make a 1-in/50-out (exaggerated!!!) patch. Passives are all-way whereas buffered is one so with a passive you can plug in to any of the grouped jacks and get the desired results whereas with buffered there is an IN and there are OUTS. Also remember that you shouldn't plug multiple outputs together with either type with out first using some form of mixer

yes i do know that. but as for this i need a buffered one. all other 1u tiles do draw current so why not making a buffered mult too...
widgetoz
nicdro wrote:
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:

yes i do know that. but as for this i need a buffered one. all other 1u tiles do draw current so why not making a buffered mult too...

http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/vermona-tile-buffmultinverter.html
nicdro
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:

http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/vermona-tile-buffmultinverter.html

Thank you but it would not fit into the new cases by intellijel confused
restless1
Anyone know if the Intellijel 1Us fit with the Clicks & Clocks rails?

I have 2 custom 4Us for my portable case just begging for these...

http://clicksclocks.de/888
pulpum
restless1 wrote:

excellent question!
Felnyrii
dumbledog wrote:
Pulp Tiles and Jelly Squares.

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
CeeJay
pulpum wrote:
restless1 wrote:

excellent question!

I think, the discription of the Clicks & Clocks 4U frames is quite clear. There is even a link to erthenvars 1U specs.
They use lipped rails but with the inner height of erthenvar/pulplogic tiles.
This makes their whole 4U frame actually bigger than 4U.

The Intellijel 1Us will fit, but leave a gap and you can screw them only to one rail.
fubsan
Quote:
the Intellijel ones are what woudlbe recognised as true EuroRack while the Erthenvar ones fall under the FracRack format.
i.e. FracRack uses the full height of the 3U space while EuroRack uses a reduced (~5mm) height.
I am calling them 1UF (1U FracRack) and 1UE (1U EuroRack). The 1UF use lipless rails while the 1UE use lipped rails. We support and supply Side Panels and Rails to suit BOTH formats.
BOTH formats will fit in to a 1U space.

Best description yet, thanks. I've chosen to go with the 1u Eurorack format (Intellijel) in my upcoming case.
handsomepanther
Just thought i'd pop in on this thread and post this image I came across on the DIY cases thread which really helps to visualize the intellijel tiles if they are mounted in the more common lunchbox erthenvar/synthrotek/pulp logic spec.

Looks like they can fit, just not the prettiest thing, (that little gap would drive me insane)

Picture from Gonkulator

infovore
Well, you can always make a new frontpanel for them which would solve that problem...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 3 of 14