MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USAMO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author USAMO
M-Circus
Working flawlessly here straight out of the box. My only problem was connected to not knowing the mixer software for my audio interface.

Very happy with it now!
markjamesriver
Mine works perfectly as well. I just got it last week and it took me about 30 minutes out of the box to set it up and fine tune it. Perfect sync with my DAW and once I got my delay settings set right my beats hit perfectly on the grid every time. No slop, no jitter.
lamouette/rck
Mine works perfectly too
Morbid
Can someone confirm that Usamo runs without problems on a Fireface 800 at 44,1khz?
I am close to buying it but the problems with samplerates let me hesitate a bit.
Unfortunately I can't switch to a higher rate.
I would only use it for midiclock.
os
Based on my own experience with RMEs, and other posts on this thread, I would expect clock to be fine at 44.1.
Morbid
os wrote:
Based on my own experience with RMEs, and other posts on this thread, I would expect clock to be fine at 44.1.

I can confirme that.
Got it a few days ago and had some trouble in the beginning but now it works like a charm.
It really opend my eyes on how badly midi is integrated in some Daw's.
Do you have any plans for a biger version?
A 19" unit with 8 ports and individual offset settings would be awesome.
Dozz
Another happy new user here Rockin' Banana!
Finally i can use Push with TR-8, TB-3.
After months of reasearch and different setups on midi clock sync from DAW, finally i can focus on music instead of tech.stuff. This thing is best bang for bucks if you want to sync external hardware to Live. I am using unbalanced output from Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 to USAMO. I have setup mine with help of info midi led on Scarlett card while in test mode in usamo to get aprox. workable range on USAMO pot., and then used USAMO app. to fine tune it .
pure
does anyone successfully use the USAMO together with an RME FIREFACE UC? ideally at 44kHz.
(sorry if this is discussed somewhere on these 18 pages - search function isnt working right now).
ralipé
I purchase a usamo but the plugin does not work in "test mode" in pro tools.

My config: pro tools 12 windows7 64 and digidesign 003 (sample rate 44100).

Can someone explain me how to configure USAMO to work with pro tools 12 please ?

What track should I create to host the plugin? Audio, midi, instruments?

How to configure the midi in pro tools for USAMO ?

I'm completely lost thanx you in advance and sorry for me bad english.
ralipé
I solved the problem of MIDI input in pt12. I do not know how.
I do not have the error message now.

Other problem i receive no midi information in usamo plugin "test" right windows.

USAMO flashes and is set correctly and the midi input LED of my digi 003 indicates the incoming signal correctly.

very frustrating
os
If you don't know how you solved the problem, chances are it's not solved, just masked somehow.

As I recall Pro Tools monopolizes the MIDI inputs, so (on Windows) the plug-in cannot access them. I suggest trying another DAW or simple VST host.
ralipé
Thank you for your reply but why you made a plugin AAX for windows ?

It carries a little confusion? You might be to lean more about the problem or indicate that it does not work in Pro Tools somewhere.
It is important that we know what we are buying.

All my plugins are in pro tools and my host vst (mb7) does not work very well.

I read that some people use the USAMO with pro tools on windows without problems.
It's a shame usamo it looks to be a great product and tool pro tools an essential dawn.

No the midi input problem is really over. I'm not sure what I did but I just remember turning off the maximum parameter midi in pro tools and preferences -> Midi -> uncheck all ect.
Yet in "test" received nothing travels.
os
The AAX plug-in works perfectly well in Windows, in normal operation. It's only the test mode that has this difficulty. When I get a moment I'll fire it up again and remind myself how I got around it.

As I've said, the test does not need to be run in PT - you can set up the USAMO in another DAW and then just use it from PT.
ralipé
ok thanx you and good luck I hope you find a solution for pro tools.
ralipé
the AAX plugin USAMO disappeared into protools now hmmm.....
ralipé
Why Innerclock sync gen II work perfectly with pro tools and no USAMO?
They are built in the same way.

I bought a multiface rme I hope the problem is with my 003 suspens...
ralipé
Verry difficult settings but USAMO works great with multiface rme and protools 12.
Digidesign 003 is not compatible with USAMO!
os
OK, thanks - glad you got it working.

Quote:
Why Innerclock sync gen II work perfectly with pro tools and no USAMO?
They are built in the same way.

They are not.
jeamsler
Works perfectly out of the box with an Echo MiaMIDI.
damian
I've received my first Usamo unit and everything is working as expected. I have seen mention of running multiple units and I'd like to understand how to do this.

Seeing that Usamo is running as a plugin that is not directly tied to a specific hardware device (eg. Usamo 1, Usamo 2), is it safe to say that running a second unit would require a channel-specific MIDI configuration in both instances of the plugin?

If so, what would the configuration be if I were looking to maximize performance and make optimal use of MIDI bandwidth for clock, notes, CC, and NRPN transmission?
os
I think it's simpler than you're making out.

If you add another USAMO, you just add another plug-in on a new track with its output pointing at the new USAMO. If you want to send MIDI to the new USAMO, send MIDI to the second plug-in.
damian
Piece of cake then. Its kind of a new context for me in the way that we're intermingling Audio with Midi.

This totally makes sense as Audio is leaving the computer on a dedicated output, Usamo converts the audio to timing for the synth (without being recognized as a Midi device per se), and away we go.

Dead simple. Great tool.
atomictag
Working very well with Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 interface and Live 9.7 beta. My setup:

- USAMO plugin VST version
- Sample rate 48k (this is very important!)
- Buffer size 128 samples
- Trim knob at about 11 o'clock
- Level at 0.800
- When used with external audio effect (super recommended) "Delay Start" and "Delay Stop" must be enabled

i use USAMO to send clock (but not SPP), notes, CC and program changes to a Machinedrum, daisy-chained via MIDI thru to an Elektron Analog Four. I see a very stable clock with zero jitter and an excellent general throughput.

I recommend placing and external instrument after the USAMO as explained in this thread - as it compensates perfectly for the latency known to Live. With a mixture of track delay and negative offset in USAMO I manage to get perfectly on grid both audio triggered by the HW sequencers as well as audio triggered via MIDI notes (through USAMO). Very cool.

Oddly enough i never managed to get the "Message" tests to be green for ranges above byte1=192 (i.e. from "Program Changes" up). No matter how I tweak the trim, things stay red after the last CC number on channel 16 (byte1=191). However, program changes are sent correctly in non-test mode - so I am not sure where the problem is. Also, non-clock MIDI output seems to stop working if "Constant Redraw" is disabled in preferences.
visible cow
I'm experiencing a weird issue with my USAMO. I'm using Windows 10 (64bit), Motu 16a, Ableton (latest update) and the latest version of the USAMO plug-in. So I've adjusted the offset to where I'd like it (with the expected consequence of the USAMO kicking in on the second bar) but now the plug-in only works when the plug-in window is open! However (!!!!) the plug-in works as expected if the BPM is 120 and 120 only.... or if I return the offset back to zero (which isn't perfectly locked in with Ableton).

Am I missing something obvious (question mark is busted on this keyboard). I'm pretty confused. I didn't have this problem on my previous computer (which most likely had an earlier version of the plug-in). I should clarify that it seems to be the plug-in or DAW causing this problem as I can clearly see that the software isn't kicking in unless I have things set up as listed above.

Basically I can't change the offset and use the plug-in on any other BPM than 120 if the plug-in window is closed.

I'm wondering if when I saved the plug-in as part of a template in Live (which happened to be at 120BPM) if I screwed something up and now it can't register different tempos.

Apologies if this is mentioned earlier and I missed it.

(For the record I'm just sending clock info out to my Cirklon, nothing else).
LifeInTheUltraviolet
pure wrote:
does anyone successfully use the USAMO together with an RME FIREFACE UC? ideally at 44kHz.
(sorry if this is discussed somewhere on these 18 pages - search function isnt working right now).

works perfect from Ableton 9.5, Mac OSX 10.9.5, and RME UC
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 18 of 24