MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Malekko 6x looping A/D module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author New Malekko 6x looping A/D module
jayhurst
Since it's been a while, I wonder how different/new/improved/upgraded it is by now, verses its original sneak preview pic on page 1?
ignatius
jayhurst wrote:
Since it's been a while, I wonder how different/new/improved/upgraded it is by now, verses its original sneak preview pic on page 1?

i saw it a few weeks ago.. it pretty much looks the same though i think it has leds. memory fades though. only saw it for a minute when i was half awake.

it's a pretty fun module and i hope it shows up soon. i think a lot of people will dig it.
bendedavis
jayhurst wrote:

The panel is the same, added LEDs on outputs. This is a digital module so there will be a few special features that allow for more complex envelopes. I will be posting a few videos soon.
Epignosis567
Any idea how soon it could be ready, just ballpark range? I was going to get the Quadra but I'd hold out for this.
handsomepanther
Epignosis567 wrote:
Any idea how soon it could be ready, just ballpark range? I was going to get the Quadra but I'd hold out for this.

Wondering the same, Singer
and..
are there any estimated power specs regarding MA for the module.. since its digital I'm assuming its on the higher end?
NoMoreNightmares
ctrl-mod is showing an ETA of this week (today even), but there's still no power consumption specified anywhere.
bendedavis
NoMoreNightmares wrote:
ctrl-mod is showing an ETA of this week (today even), but there's still no power consumption specified anywhere.

The power consumption is :

+12V, 90mA
-12V, 20mA
NoMoreNightmares
bendedavis wrote:

The power consumption is :

+12V, 90mA
-12V, 20mA

That's perfect for my case. Good to know!
DonKartofflo
dumb question but i didnt see it definitely answered:
-> so the sum output is summing, not taking the logic max, right?
bendedavis
DonKartofflo wrote:

It is logic maximum because it'd get outta hand way too quick with all outs being 10V
hyena
really interested in this module.
but i have to know a few things:
whats the shape of the stages? is there gonna be some hidden page to set if stages are lin\log\exp?

do you think it will be fast and snappy enough to conjure up some cutting edge kicks from a sine vco and a vca, for example?
DonKartofflo
bendedavis wrote:
DonKartofflo wrote:

It is logic maximum because it'd get outta hand way too quick with all outs being 10V

awesome, thats what i hoped for, and i had the same thought about summing as you thumbs up
Coetillion
bendedavis wrote:
far wrote:
EarlJemmings wrote:
Yeah, this looks pretty sweet. Sum output is a very nice touch Guinness ftw!

What would be super neat is a 4hp expander for cv over attack/decay

x2

and on the expander an led telling us when each ad is on?

The gate can be a trigger right?

There will be an advanced page that lets you set each channel as AD or AR

There's no mention of the advanced menu in the manual - does is still exist? Pretty important for me to be able to choose between AD or AR
bendedavis
Coetillion wrote:
bendedavis wrote:
far wrote:
EarlJemmings wrote:
Yeah, this looks pretty sweet. Sum output is a very nice touch Guinness ftw!

What would be super neat is a 4hp expander for cv over attack/decay

x2

and on the expander an led telling us when each ad is on?

The gate can be a trigger right?

There will be an advanced page that lets you set each channel as AD or AR

There's no mention of the advanced menu in the manual - does is still exist? Pretty important for me to be able to choose between AD or AR

All the advanced features I previously planned to add to the module were causing some stability issues so we decided to only include what's listed on the panel.
Coetillion
So does gate length create a sustain level or is everything treated as a trigger?
bendedavis
Coetillion wrote:
So does gate length create a sustain level or is everything treated as a trigger?

Any signal at the input is treated as a trigger as it goes above 0.5V
hyena
hyena wrote:
whats the shape of the stages? is there gonna be some hidden page to set if stages are lin\log\exp?

do you think it will be fast and snappy enough to conjure up some cutting edge kicks from a sine vco and a vca, for example?

maybe this was lost in the thread so i "bump" my questions smile
bendedavis
hyena wrote:
hyena wrote:

linear only. I've found it great for making kicks with the Oscillator II
hyena
thanks! i'm a bit picky bout envelope shapes, i'll have to try it first smile anyway, great design! simple and super effective!
Pinebender
Sweet module. Might an expander similar to Quadra's be added in the future? Would clinch it for me if that were the case..
orlog24
Really looks nice!
Dirty_Bill
bendedavis wrote:

A few questions have surfaced over n the Video Synth group about the -V (0-1V) video variant, what is the frequency range in LFO mode?
ignatius
just got one of these. barely checked it out. patched it up and recorded some "getting to know you" videos. uploading them now.

it makes great shapes. very versatile w/the sum outs, 10x and loop buttons. there's so many of them! which is great for feeding into digital oscillators or anything w/lot's of mod inputs. hertzdonut, fmvdo etc.

they can do really short and snappy and sloppy slurry wobbly. a lot packed into 12hp. something like a 4ms sism will be handy with this for further modifying and combining the shapes.

pretty easy to set up a patch and then hit the buttons to make a change in it and change other stuff and have a 'transition' in a jam session.

ignatius
bendedavis wrote:
hyena wrote:
hyena wrote:

or anything really! hertz donut likes these shapes. as does anything FM related.. having 6 modulators + 2 sum outs is just immense for mod source. this is a versatile module. smile

i'm stoked about it. 12hp full of "all killer no filler"
hyena
thanks ignatius! having both versions of the hertz donut as my main oscillators (alongside a dpo) this is very good news grin
the hd mk2 in particular is my goto module when i have to patch up percussive material
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 3 of 5