MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USAMO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author USAMO
goldplate
Worked great with Ableton Live through a Mackie Onyx 1640i

And now from a few days seems as good with a MOTU 24i/o.

Thanks Expert Sleepers for this great device !
ralipé
USAMO sometimes works with pro tools 12 and multiface RME sometimes not this is random.
It takes the dust now.
HIMA
I'm running the SyncGen with a Midas F24. I se no-one has tested it on a midas and I'm wondering If i can assume it'll work for me, as the Sync gen does.
damian
From the Usamo manual--

Delay Start/Delay Stop

"These buttons delay the emission of MIDI start & stop messages by one audio render slice after the host’s transport has been started/stopped. They are provided primarily to work around an apparent issue with Ableton Live’s External Audio Effect. Leave these off unless you have good reason to turn them on."

Question: Is this setting/workaround still recommended when running Ableton Live 9.6.2?

Basically I am wondering if this is tied to a shortcoming in Live that has been patched in the last 15 months.
os
To the best of my knowledge Ableton never acknowledged the bug, so it's more than likely still there.
sicijk
Hi guys, I am considering buying a USAMO. I am mainly on Ableton Live for production duties. I have a Motu Traveler Mk.II.
I am also planning to merge the USAMO Midi Out with DAW Midi for notes injecting.

HAs ayone experienced issues either with soundcard or the merging of these two midi signals?

Thank you very much in advance
youthvulture
I just got me USAMO and can confirm that it passes all tests with the iConnectAudio4+ interface at 44.1. It took a while to set up though, as the Clip LED in mine was dead out of the box, so I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out why it wasn't flashing.

These things happen though--not upset.
os
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry about the LED.
visible cow
I had a strange issue with my USAMO yesterday (but it could also be a problem with Eventide's Octavox). I was syncing USAMO with my Cirklon and processing the audio with Octavox but for some reason whenever Octavox was engaged, or even bypassed, the USAMO would send very erratic timing. I thought I was going crazy. The Octavox was on a return track in Ableton (with a motu 16a as my interface). When I deleted the Octavox plug-in everything would return to normal. Still trying to wrap my head around the problem.
brainsickbeats
Anyone have any idea why the AAX plugin would not appear in Pro Tools 12? The VST plugin works great for me in Ableton and Bitwig, but it's nowhere to be found in Pro Tools. I've checked the install - the plugin file is in the appropriate folder, but the plugin is nowhere to be found in the plugins menu.

I'm running Pro Tools 12.6 on Win 7 SP1.

Thanks!
os
You might need to make a mono track for it.
brainsickbeats
os wrote:
You might need to make a mono track for it.

Doh! Can't believe it was that simple! Thank you!!!
Accent
Got my USAMO in yesterday and had a little time to experiment with setup. It was actually much easier to get going with my Saffire Pro 40 than I'd expected, thanks to some of the tips in this thread. However, it seems like the sync is not any better than what I already had (in fact, it looks like it's a couple MS off from my sync without the USAMO), and I'm wondering if this is actually the solution for me. To check, I'm running clock from Live to the USAMO, and from the USAMO to the Machinedrum, and recording clips of a simple click or kick in time with Live's metronome back into Live. I can hear the slightest bit of phasing with the audio coming back into Live, and using the USAMO it looks like audio is maybe 3-4 MS off; running direct from my Unitor 8 MkII to the Machinedrum, it's closer to 2-3 MS. I'm chalking it up to user error right now, but is there a way to get this tighter so things come dead on the beat? Nothing I tried with testing seemed to fix this...maybe I'm looking to the USAMO to solve a problem it isn't really suited for. Any insight you all can give would be great!
os
Looks like you got your reply on Gearslutz?
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12290087-post406.html
Accent
os wrote:
Looks like you got your reply on Gearslutz?
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12290087-post406.html

I did. I spent some time dialing it in over the weekend and reduced the latency coming back in to my audio interface, and it's just about perfect now, at least close enough that I went ahead and registered the USAMO. Since my setup is still in transition I'm unable to really set it up until everything comes in, but I did go ahead and order an iConnectivity Mio10, which should allow me to filter out some things and control where everything receives clock from.

Can't quite make sense of how people are using the External Audio Effect with the plugin for tighter sync, tho...no matter how I set up the in and out on the External Audio plugin, it seemed to block messages sent from the USAMO plug.
Jbone1313
owensands wrote:
So i've had this for a couple weeks now and I think the clock is nice and solid. I'm using an offset of about 8.37(so hardware monitoring is in time with stuff playing in the DAW) and was wondering if there is anyway to not have usamo wait a bar when I hit play in bitwig. With a positive offset it seems usamo needs to wait a bar to start playback. When recording bitwig has a bar preroll and then the DAW and usamo starts on time but in just normal monitoring playback it starts a bar late because I cant preroll normal playback. I noticed the usamo isn't reporting any latency to the DAW when the offset is changed. If it reported latency to the DAW(fake latency just to make bitwig start later) would the usamo possibly start the same time as the DAW? This is my only gripe with this box really. Any ideas about this Os? I will also check live to see how its handed there. Maybe its a bitwig thing.

edit:: Live acts the same way and its even worse as the preroll for recording doesn't give a start to Usamo like in bitwig.

I guess I can work around this but it would be cool if there could be some solution in the future. How is that live can do an offset to midi clock and everything still starts on the 1? They must have more programming leverage to actually start the clock before the daw transport starts. Probably harder to code this being just a VST right?

I found a nifty workaround for this in Live. You can setup clip automation to set the offset to change after the transport starts and thereby avoid the one bar pre-roll. The trick is to use a clip with a negative start point and put the automation before the clip loop starts at bar 1. That way, the automation only fires one time when the clip starts. cool

And, you probably do not need this in a linear arrangement view, since a preroll there is not too annoying.

Also, monitoring through Ableton's external devices largely obviates the need for offsets.
insect
hey guys, my first post here. good tips here!!!

I bought the Usamo 3, 4 months ago at Schneidersladen. Yesterday I updated Usamo Sofware from 1.0.8 to 1.0.11 and well ... I have to reactivate the VST and AU but the licences manager already showed as "registered" incl activation key. So I also updated the license manager. But it didn´t worked.

When Logic X AU tool is scanning Usamo I`m getting "2003 error".
In Ableton I can load the VST as "unregistered" ...

I´m using Macbook pro 2011 I5 on Mac OS El Cap.

Any help would be nice!
os
You need the latest plug-in, the latest Licence Manager, and you need to activate in the Licence Manager before opening any of your DAWs.
insect
I had to deactivate and reactivate the plugin in the licence manager. Now it works w00t

Ableton runs green lines in test mode on RME fireface 802 using the headphone out or one of the rear outputs with setting output gain to "high level" in total mix.

But Logic crashes when switching midi testinput to the rme midi driver. Can send you a crash report if you wanna have a look on it.
os
Yes, do send the crash report (by email please).

You don't need to test it in each DAW though. If you set it up in Live, you can just go ahead and use it in Logic without running the test again.
ianross
For the life of me I can't get USAMO to clear the tests with no errors on Windows 10 with an Apollo 8 duo blackface.

I'm running at 48k and using a balanced cable.

I can get note on/off to pass without about 4 errors in a minute or two so not terrible.

Clock test is worse. I get the red fail for most of the start/stops, but the clocks are mostly green.

I'm currently running the USAMO output at .85 to avoid clipping out of Ableton, but I've tried lots of different levels. I've also tried setting the reference levels in the UA console to -10 instead of +4, but then I can't get any clipping LED action on the USAMO so I set it back to +4.

Any ideas?

the incoming midi signle is fed to my iconnect4+

Is this maybe a windows 10 or an ableton thing or?
ianross
I was using my USAMO on my mac with a UA Twin and it was working perfectly as far as I remember, but I just built this PC and bought this UA Apollo duo new black one. So stumped. I've just tried balanced and unbalanced cables and have the same issue.

ianross wrote:
For the life of me I can't get USAMO to clear the tests with no errors on Windows 10 with an Apollo 8 duo blackface.

I'm running at 48k and using a balanced cable.

I can get note on/off to pass without about 4 errors in a minute or two so not terrible.

Clock test is worse. I get the red fail for most of the start/stops, but the clocks are mostly green.

I'm currently running the USAMO output at .85 to avoid clipping out of Ableton, but I've tried lots of different levels. I've also tried setting the reference levels in the UA console to -10 instead of +4, but then I can't get any clipping LED action on the USAMO so I set it back to +4.

Any ideas?

the incoming midi signle is fed to my iconnect4+

Is this maybe a windows 10 or an ableton thing or?
ianross
Well here's a doozy.

The issue seems to be exacerbated by Mutable Instruments Yarns midi thru.

I get much more green on my prophet 12. Clock start/stop/spp works perfect. I only get an occasional red with notes and maybe I can even fix that. don't know...

but with yarns, start/stop/spp is basically all red.

Anyone else?
ianross
Last update tonight...

I got the prophet 12 to work perfectly at .7 level with a space of 3.

OS, can you tell me what downside there is to using space? As far as sync goes and timing how much am I delaying my signal with a space setting of 3?

Now to figure out what the hell is going on with Yarns...
os
Quote:
I'm currently running the USAMO output at .85 to avoid clipping out of Ableton

Don't do that. Leave it at 1.0. Live might show clipping but ignore it - the plug-in output isn't real audio, so it confuses the meters.

I'm surprised you need to use Space. In terms of the impact, it's just spreading each MIDI message out a bit. The timing of the start of the message is still accurate.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 19 of 24