MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
f33d
ok to be 100% - I can't test it cause I haven't bought the SSM yet
so If I place a Storage Strip somewhere on my Make noise power bus & also a SSM somewhere on this power bus the SSM will pick up all the setting-changes which are meant for the g0 no matter if I want it or not?
pardon me, but this kinda sucks heavy. I have to think about it more but it ruins the SSM for me...
well or the storage strip, damn...
Dead Banana
bendedavis
The SSM has to be put into a certain mode to pick up on messages from the Storage Strip
f33d
epic, thanks!

I know it should be found on the respective modules' manuals, but would be cool if in the storage strip one could find on the first page some clear, important statements:

- really no cable at all needed to transfer storage data to g0, etc.
- just connect the zoom for mungo-0d-modules
- doesn't work if a mungo 0-module has a midi add-on
- SSM has to be in a certain mode otherwise just doesn't react to strips calls

maybe I missed important things.
I'm not trying to bitch around ben - love your work - love the storage strip - having fun with it right now at this very moment!
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! It's motherfucking bacon yo
bendedavis
We will be updating this page for all current info on supported modules - http://macromachines.net/products/storage-strip/compatibility/

I can update the manual too to make it a bit more clear
rhp3000
Hi,

Maybe it is something obvious (like a midi connector on the module) or not (a hidden circuit) so i have to ask: How do i know if my g0 has the middi add-on?

Thanks in advance
Saludos
bendedavis
rhp3000 wrote:
Hi,

Maybe it is something obvious (like a midi connector on the module) or not (a hidden circuit) so i have to ask: How do i know if my g0 has the middi add-on?

Thanks in advance
Saludos


It's a board physically attached to the back of the module. You would have had to request it when ordering.
f33d
midi module:

[/img]
rhp3000
Thanks for the info bendedavis, do you mean a "special" board attached to the main one, my module only has a main board (vertically attached) and a little one (horizontally attached) between the main board and the faceplate (where the card reader is placed). Anyway I got my g0 from Analogue Haven so i doubt the modules that Shawn sells have the midi add-on.

Saludos
rhp3000
Jaaaaa, i was writing my post while the answer was already there... thanks f33d... so my module does not have it w00t
listentoaheartbeat
Hi Ben, if I don't have CV and Gate busses in my system, I can just make a cable that connects the CV bus pins of the Storage Strip's power connecter with the corresponding pins on my single Mungo module, correct?
bentoncbainbridge
hi, I saw on Facebook that Macro Machines are planning a Storage Strip booster. I loved the Storage Strip when I had just a couple Mungo modules, but now that I have 7 in my case it won't save/recall the knob settings, nor does the SS Zoom properly function when controlling so many Mungo modules.

Any updates on the Storage Strip booster? Short of buying multiple Storage Strips, is there another option to record the knob settings for all my Mungo modules?
echoplex
is it normal that even with the storage strip the mungo d0 forgets all its setting when turned off?
even if I save the setting before turning of.. hmmm.....
vanderLooy
Any news on the Storage Strip booster?

I have an issue with the a Mungo d0 and Storage Strip combination. My Storage Strip doesn’t work when I have my d0 connected to the same busboard. I even can’t save/recall Dynamic Destiny settings. It works with when I have my Mungo g0 is connected. Does some of you guys maybe have an idea what could be the cause of it? I use a makenoise busboard. I think the d0 is faulty, but maybe I do something wrong?!
GNE
Quote:
Any news on the Storage Strip booster?

I have an issue with the a Mungo d0 and Storage Strip combination. My Storage Strip doesn’t work when I have my d0 connected to the same busboard. I even can’t save/recall Dynamic Destiny settings. It works with when I have my Mungo g0 is connected. Does some of you guys maybe have an idea what could be the cause of it? I use a makenoise busboard. I think the d0 is faulty, but maybe I do something wrong?!



How many Mungo modules are you connecting to the storage strip?
The most I can connect without issue are 3 at a time.
Are you using a Wire Jumper Cable [ 1P-1P 2.54mm female to female ] to connect the modules?
evs
echoplex wrote:
is it normal that even with the storage strip the mungo d0 forgets all its setting when turned off?
even if I save the setting before turning of.. hmmm.....


well, did you recall it after turning everything on?
the storage strip is not sending anything to the module before you push the button:-)
vanderLooy
GNE wrote:

How many Mungo modules are you connecting to the storage strip?
The most I can connect without issue are 3 at a time.
Are you using a Wire Jumper Cable [ 1P-1P 2.54mm female to female ] to connect the modules?


I only connect the d0 and dynamic destiny. Even without dynamic destiny it's not working anymore. The storage strip is not directly connected to the d0. Both are only connected to the busboard with the ribbon cable 16p on both sides. For save/recall we don't need the zoom connected if I'm right?!

When the g0 and storage strip is connected to busboard, when I hit save button the led's on storage strip blink. When I do the same with d0 and storage strip only connected... the leds on storage strips don't blink when I hit save button.
GNE
from the storage strip manual

"There are 2 male header pins labeled zoom, to allow compatibility with Mungo
Enterprises 0 line of eurorack modules, use the provided female jumper cable to
connect up to 2 Mungo modules directly to the Storage Strip. To chain additional
Mungo 0 modules, connect a female jumper cable to the zoom chaining pin on the
back of any directly connected Mungo 0 module."
vanderLooy
Thanks for the explanation... but I think that's only needed for the zoom function. Without the zoom female jumper cable the g0 save/recall work, but on the d0 it doesn't work. I'll make a video to illustrate.
vanderLooy
The video to explain better what happends:



Didn't show that it doesn't work on the module itself, but this show better it doesn't work.
Mungo
vanderLooy wrote:
GNE wrote:

How many Mungo modules are you connecting to the storage strip?
The most I can connect without issue are 3 at a time.
Are you using a Wire Jumper Cable [ 1P-1P 2.54mm female to female ] to connect the modules?


I only connect the d0 and dynamic destiny. Even without dynamic destiny it's not working anymore. The storage strip is not directly connected to the d0. Both are only connected to the busboard with the ribbon cable 16p on both sides. For save/recall we don't need the zoom connected if I'm right?!

When the g0 and storage strip is connected to busboard, when I hit save button the led's on storage strip blink. When I do the same with d0 and storage strip only connected... the leds on storage strips don't blink when I hit save button.
Not sure about the LEDs not blinking, but check the power cable with the d0 to see if it has the midi disabled (a small cut on the ribbon cable opposite the red stripe)
vanderLooy
Mungo wrote:
Not sure about the LEDs not blinking, but check the power cable with the d0 to see if it has the midi disabled (a small cut on the ribbon cable opposite the red stripe)


Hi John, thanks for your reply. It seems that when I connect the d0 the whole save/recall blocks. Can't save/recall other modules anymore then. I used the same cable on the g0 and then it worked, so the cable shouldn't be the issue, but will try another cable just to be sure. I can also send you an email if you prefer, don't want to derail this Storage Strip thread with my problem smile Please let me know, I have your contact details, we talked before a couple of times via the email about other modules.
FatRocky
Hi all

I just saw the Macro Machine web and i see that the Storage Strip is available for order.

Is that correct? ,, Are they shipping them immediately?

Thanks

thumbs up
ignatius
FatRocky wrote:
Hi all

I just saw the Macro Machine web and i see that the Storage Strip is available for order.

Is that correct? ,, Are they shipping them immediately?

Thanks

thumbs up


FatRocky
FatRocky wrote:
Hi all

I just saw the Macro Machine web and i see that the Storage Strip is available for order.

Is that correct? ,, Are they shipping them immediately?

Thanks

thumbs up


correction! , it wasn´ at the manufacturer´s web where i saw it , it was in a store website
GNE
Talk about the promised storage strip booster / add on started on Aug 10, 2015.
[ The add on makes it so that you could use more than three Mungo Modules. This limit was never mentioned in the manual or the website ]

Several owners have emailed and were promised that it would be produced.

Will this booster ever become a reality?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group