MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY CS-80 imminent...(Deckard's Dream)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY CS-80 imminent...(Deckard's Dream)
drip.feed
You guys have seen this, right? woah

Roman Fillipov is working on a rackmount DIY CS-80.

More news here:
https://www.facebook.com/rfilippov?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Guinness ftw!
djs
I can't see it on his fb page.. any sound samples?

I'll never be able to afford it I'm sure, but the fact that it exists is good enough for me smile
JAO
parallel discussion over here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177657&highlight=
drip.feed
JAO wrote:

Thanks JAO. "Deckard's Dream" in the thread title didn't leap out at me when I searched. d'oh!

Mods, please lock this thread.
Isaiah
Surely this is best in the DIY forum, no?
Roman stated it would be DIY.
JAO
drip.feed wrote:
JAO wrote:

Thanks JAO. "Deckard's Dream" in the thread title didn't leap out at me when I searched. d'oh!

Mods, please lock this thread.

i can see the value of having it in both sub forums, seeing as it is of both general interest and DIY interest.

+1 for leaving the thread open.
lasesentaysiete
can't think of a better time to come out of the closet and declare myself a huge Boss fan. I'll be building one of these mostly because of this:
snufkin
hmm will it respond to poly AT? thats the question, not sure it's really the same without it.
sduck
Hmmm, lock it or leave it open? Normally I'd lock this, leave the older thread open, but if it's really DIY, maybe I'll leave this open. Lets try to restrict comments to this tread to the DIY aspects of this project maybe? Like that last post should be over in the other thread.
biftek
To keep this thread DIY:

He mentioned there are no rare parts on twitter which is really nice, and based on the photos he posted of the PCB's it looks like the voice cards are modular like on the Ambika.

So hopefully you can build a couple voice cards and start using it immediately and add more as time goes on.
Curious to see a BOM, I'm not familiar with the internals of the CS80, except that there are pounds of wires.
drip.feed
Sorry, wrong thread.
tobb
applause Guinness ftw! screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana! thumbs up Miley Cyrus Guinness ftw! eek!
malnatim
snufkin wrote:
hmm will it respond to poly AT? thats the question, not sure it's really the same without it.

midi can carry it and i imagine the firmware on this will handle it.

for me the question is how to generate it. i only know of very expensive controllers with poly at and qunexus, which isn'd really a proper keyboard. is there anything else in-between?

re. diy… i assume all smt will be already populated. so this will be expensive, but you'll be able to assemble and have cs80 in no-time.
pulse_divider
I hope it supports MPE! This would be so amazing with a Roli/Haken/Linnstrument
latigid on
Heh, awesome! Hope it's not too many thousands of bucks.
LSuveg1
pulse_divider wrote:
I hope it supports MPE! This would be so amazing with a Roli/Haken/Linnstrument

It would be amazing! However, in response to an Instagram comment/question about this, Roman replied "what is MPE?" So... unfortunately I don't think it will be supported confused
Jaytee
malnatim wrote:
snufkin wrote:

midi can carry it and i imagine the firmware on this will handle it.

for me the question is how to generate it. i only know of very expensive controllers with poly at and qunexus, which isn'd really a proper keyboard. is there anything else in between?

A bunch of old Ensoniq keyboards support it. Some of them are known to get (fixable) issues as they age, so you can pick them up extra cheap.

In any case, following this thread with interest. CS-80 is another one of my Harrison-Ford-sci-fi-movie-synth-connection-holy-grails, along with the 2600 (which I hope to be building a clone of over the next few months).
oldcrow
I would need to see the schematics to determine how he resolved certain design criteria, but the boards he has shown on instagram look pretty good.
If Roman used my osc, filter or waveshaper equivalent circuits it should have the right tone palette.

The greater part of what makes the CS-80 one of the best ever made is however the performance controls. If he has enough MIDI CC routed to do things like operate polyAT and operation of the ringmod slider controls, as well as a good pitchbend profile (it should go to 0 Hz) it should be enough of the real deal to get me to build one.

Crow
/**/
Huba-Swift
Very, very interested in this. I just really want to know the specifics in what the DIY kit comes with. It just mentions 12 pcbs, MCU and 72 dacs. Does it come with the case, display, sliders... If all the smt parts are pre-soldered, that would make this a much more plausible build. I'm really looking forward to this though. I've been wanting some more polyphonic DIY with more than 4 voices, and this answered my prayers. we're not worthy
oldcrow
Hm, now that I look closer at the panel, no ring modulator. Oddly enough this is not a problem for me, because I've played with the prototype of a little box called appropriately enough the Spinner, which is a CS ring modulator with the correct control layout as well as MIDI and gate control that does two audio channels. Suit and Tie Guy had it at NAMM. SlayerBadger!
Huba-Swift
One has to wonder if adding a ring modulator is part of the plan for the expander plug on the back. Unlikely, but that would be nice.
tobb
via Roman:
Quote:
"ringmod, delay, chorus and spring reverb are coming in a separate 1U rack also DIY" and pre-built. Also, according to Roman, the price for any of this is not currently set at this point.
ashleym
I think the ouch part will be the 70 odd sliders. I understand a lot of this will be processor controlled but there will still be a lot of components per voice, the frame looking construction might help with the price of entry allowing one voice at a time to be purchased?

At least there is a fan slot on the back, giving it a nod to the original.

Exciting.
mOBiTh
DROOL MY ASS IS BLEEDING
tron23
tobb wrote:
via Roman:
Quote:
"ringmod, delay, chorus and spring reverb are coming in a separate 1U rack also DIY" and pre-built. Also, according to Roman, the price for any of this is not currently set at this point.

that's insane. w00t
ultravox
I'm looking forward to hearing the audio clips. If it passes muster then I'll build it for sure! It's peanut butter jelly time!
AlanP
You half expect the little display at the bottom to be a VFD type.
Huba-Swift
tobb wrote:
via Roman:
Quote:
Awesome to hear! I don't know any good (cheap) source of sliders though so I might just use normal pots and build it into a keyboard unit. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a DIY project in my life Trampoline
jimfowler
Oh hell yes.
Conjure
ashleym wrote:
I think the ouch part will be the 70 odd sliders.

I think the ouch part will be a monopoly/proprietary DIY design with 72 DACs included on board. I expect the DIY "kit" to be pretty steep.
Dogma
So do we have any idea about price? I can't find anything
tobb
1k for all the pcb's

(add to that the price of all components and case)
SMonk
tobb wrote:
1k for all the pcb's

(add to that the price of all components and case)

Is that official, or just quoting the since-removed info from the matrixsysnth post?
sduck
It's not official yet, just what Roman has suggested in his comments. Nothing's official until it's actually released.
DSC
$1K for the PCB's would be a bargain, imho! Serious amount of work here!
The_Crooked_Man
screaming goo yo I've never been so excited about any piece of gear in my entire life! screaming goo yo
Robscorch
While this is awesome and interesting I have to wonder about the preset thing. If it's preset based it's safe to assume that it will be stepped sliders and such won't that be a bit less dialed in than a CS-80. OF course each one I have ever worked on or seen is a bit quirky and different and needing something else done to it lol. Also that ring mod is kinda special, but for the cost it's hard to beat for anyone looking at the real deal.
latigid on
Robscorch wrote:
While this is awesome and interesting I have to wonder about the preset thing. If it's preset based it's safe to assume that it will be stepped sliders and such won't that be a bit less dialed in than a CS-80.

Forgot to post sorry.

Judging by the number of ADCs onboard, I doubt you'll be able to feel the steps in the sliders, say 2^12/40mm = 102 digital steps per millimetre. Depends on the implementation though.
JanneI
http://www.deckardsdream.com/

https://soundcloud.com/deckardsdream

http://www.deckardsdream.com/product/deckards-dream-kit
Chrutil
So if I read that right, the DYI version does not include front panel and box?
spneca
Anyone willing to organize a CEM3340 group buy? It could help get the cost down from $15/chip. According to the FAQ each build needs 17.
Synesthesia
Quote:
DYI version does not include front panel and box

Correct.
synthcube
spneca wrote:
Anyone willing to organize a CEM3340 group buy? It could help get the cost down from $15/chip. According to the FAQ each build needs 17.

we would be willing to do so-- we stock the chip normally anyway, so if theres sufficient interest to drive a price break we could manage it. if a few people start responding yes in this thread we would likely set up a separate thread for the group buy
sduck
Synesthesia wrote:
Quote:

Correct.

Roman has stated that the front panel (and maybe box?) will be available from his regular panel guy - http://siddarthianinnovations.bigcartel.com
resynthesize
synthcube wrote:
spneca wrote:

we would be willing to do so-- we stock the chip normally anyway, so if theres sufficient interest to drive a price break we could manage it. if a few people start responding yes in this thread we would likely set up a separate thread for the group buy

I am interested in this.
captnapalm
synthcube wrote:
spneca wrote:

I'd probably be interested in 2-3 sets too.
salih03
the price is still a pain
ultravox
synthcube wrote:
spneca wrote:

Count me in.
Jarno
salih03 wrote:

+1, it shows the desire to push it to the limits of acceptance.
diophantine
sduck wrote:
Synesthesia wrote:
Quote:

Correct.

Roman has stated that the front panel (and maybe box?) will be available from his regular panel guy - http://siddarthianinnovations.bigcartel.com

Yep:
Quote:
The frontpanel and rack case will be supplied by DIY HUB shortly.

http://www.deckardsdream.com/faq
diophantine
I'd also be interested in a group buy for CEM3340. A V2164 group buy would be nice, too!
Chrutil
diophantine wrote:
I'd also be interested in a group buy for CEM3340. A V2164 group buy would be nice, too!

Count me in as well.
The FAQ says 59x V2164 VCA chips are needed and since the price drop is dramatic ($7.78 each for 10 to $1.95 for 100 and $1.60 for 1000) I definitely think we need a group buy for this too!
GryphonP3
Chrutil wrote:
diophantine wrote:

Count me in as well.
The FAQ says 59x V2164 VCA chips are needed and since the price drop is dramatic ($7.78 each for 10 to $1.95 for 100 and $1.60 for 1000) I definitely think we need a group buy for this too!

V2164s are practically a mandatory group buy for this. The single price is extortionate! I am in for 75-100 if we can get 1000 breakpoint (should be easy as thats only 18x DD's.)

Also in for the CEM3340s
oberling
I'm definitely in for the CEM3340 and V2164 groupbuy too.
mbroers
Im in for groupbuys for anything on this project smile
Techman
oberling wrote:
I'm definitely in for the CEM3340 and V2164 groupbuy too.

Me too thumbs up
synthcube
we'll look at the BOM and do a groupbuy for the CEM and V2164 at a minimum and if there are a few other obvious parts we can look at adding those
LED-man
A groupbuy for Europe too please ..
waves_of_awesome
Has a BOM been posted anywhere? Anyone know approximately the cost of the parts?
captnapalm
waves_of_awesome wrote:
Has a BOM been posted anywhere? Anyone know approximately the cost of the parts?

No BOM yet, but from the FAQ:

"The price of components, hardware panel, case and PSU will be ~ $1000. No rare or obsolete parts are used."
jersupereq
Count me in for a group buy on the V2164 and CEM3340, as well as on anything on the BOM worth doing a group buy on.
JanneI
I'm in in for all the group buys! EU, Finland
ebonics
I put the downpayment on the boards, in for the group buys.

i am in europe as well, like DSL Man, in Germany.
ebonics
PS - the susan mentioned on the site, she responded to me stating:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in our newly reissued CEM3340’s. We are processing orders via Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, we request that you establish an account and send us the email address which you will use; we will send you a Paypal Invoice using that address. Charges for the product are $15.00 US each up to 499 pieces.

The CEM2240's vary so much in pricing between places, are there some that are different than others?
PixelVampyr
Of course also in for a Groupbuy in Europe (Switzerland) :-)
LED-man
i asked thonk.co.uk for a europe groupbuy/sale and wait for a answer.
DvStcH
I'm interested in the group buys.. not confirmed yet, but interested.
haudelukas
i am also interested in the groupbuy. living in switzerland.
ualslosar
I am also interested in the groupbuy.

- I'll need 2X of everything, please.

Thanks
Larry
synthcube
here's the thread link to the CEM3340 group buy for the DDRM:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2544565#2544565

thread link to the V2164 group buy for the DDRM:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2544597#2544597
diophantine
Major thanks for setting those up! Just added myself to the notification lists.
fuzzbass
This has me torn now. I would like to build it, but I want the case and panel too. I suppose if this does not work out soon I will have to buy a built unit.
diophantine
fuzzbass wrote:
This has me torn now. I would like to build it, but I want the case and panel too. I suppose if this does not work out soon I will have to buy a built unit.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2542885#2542885
fuzzbass
diophantine wrote:
fuzzbass wrote:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2542885#2542885

Thanks I'm all better now.
needspeed
I am so looking into this build. Also in for any and all Group buys......Steve
sylvainmoreau
want 1 ! Anybody in paris interested ?
calaveras
well damn. Looks like I'm getting sucked back in.
Jaytee
Sincere question: is this price really high? I understand they're not just PCBs, since there's a bunch of DACs presoldered, but all the same, $1000 just for the board's I see blowing my mind. I expected that to at least include the front panel. Can anyone with more experience having PCBs manufactured comment on how much of the cost of this is accounted for by the presoldered parts?
jimfowler
I'm gonna guess that along with material costs part of that price compensates the designer for the bajillion hours it took to reverse/re-engineer this thing. Compensation to which I, as one who has no idea how the people that do this kind of stuff do it, feel they are entirely entitled.
sanders
One thing I love about this design is that it's so reminiscent of the programmer section on the CS60/CS80. From the very first glance, it looks like you're getting a little piece of an actual CS synth. The physical design coupled with the fact that Roman is involved gives me great confidence that this will be an amazing instrument.

I have a CS50 that I adore, and it was as close as I could afford to get to a CS80. Even the CS60 slipped out of my range years ago, before I could find one nearby.

I'm wondering now if might be practical/possible to MIDI retrofit the CS50 to use as a controller for Deckard's Dream.
needspeed
sanders wrote:

I'm wondering now if might be practical/possible to MIDI retrofit the CS50 to use as a controller for Deckard's Dream.

Now that would be a very interesting project indeed. I bet someone here has some idea on how this can be done as your cs50 is producing all the cv's and gates per note. Getting that converted to midi messages and distributed to 8/16 channels is quite the challenge......Steve
KSS
Jaytee wrote:
Sincere question: is this price really high?

No, the price is a fair price. Roman is pricing these and his earlier offers as a sustainable business would. That's always going to be more than the person who either does not truly account for their costs and gets discouraged and only does one or two offers before fading away. And also more than the person who is doing it for the joy of sharing and maybe a little fame in this corner of the world. Since all three types make offers that we can choose from, it can seem that one person is charging too much when in fact it is the others charging too little which accounts for the difference you see and feel.
oberling
Jaytee wrote:
Sincere question: is this price really high? I understand they're not just PCBs, since there's a bunch of DACs presoldered, but all the same, $1000 just for the board's I see blowing my mind. I expected that to at least include the front panel. Can anyone with more experience having PCBs manufactured comment on how much of the cost of this is accounted for by the presoldered parts?

I agree with you to the extend that it costs more than the manufacturing and partly assembly of the PCBs alone. However this is a must.

If you follow this video and take the 2.5 value you get down to 400$ actual costs which sounds way more in a region of what I would expect it to be for 12 PCBs with nice finishing and the presoldered components if it were non-profit. But it is not - and that's for good!
After all it's a fully programmable analog 2-layer 8 voice polysynth for DIY builders for ~2000$ (if they don't account for their time in $) which is a pretty awesome pricetag. Also the total pricetag for the fully built version being 3749$ sounds reasonable to me for a synth inspired by the CS80. After all deckards dream and sputnik modular while certainly being a larger business then others still is a very small business and thus does not have the sales figures and margins as a dave smith has (leave alone players like roland, korg or behringer). All the amount of time going into setting up websites, payment options, packaging, invoicing, international shipping, return- and refund-management, dealing with customs and customers and what not... All the boring sides of doing business take time that must be compensated by the products pricetag if you want to run a successful business...

Also since he had to reverse engineer and rebuild the whole electronics to fit a) the sound of its ancestor while adopting it for full MIDI programmability and b) the PCBs and a 5U 19" case... I think the overall product is reasonably priced.
latigid on
At least on a prototype basis, the cost of producing PCBs rises very quickly when the dimensions increase. I see a large "motherboard" and a large "panelboard" and the voice cards. The voice cards would be cheaper to produce as they are smaller and more are required per build, hence better economy of scale. The voice cards use edge connectors, which is normally a special thing for fabs to do (often chamfered edges).

If the PCBs are done in Japan (where I believe he lives) then the costs might be higher than those done in China. The PCBA process is also quite costly and probably justifies the price.

I think Dawkins said once "the universe doesn't owe you a sense of purpose." Likewise, Roman doesn't owe you an at-cost 8-voice polysynth. And you have the right to refuse to pay for something you deem is too expensive. For me, it's not just the PCBs but the remaining BOM, panel, case, PSU, etc. For something unknown and with so many parts, there's a good risk it won't turn out well. And that 2k+ could easily go towards something that works out of the box.

Can't wait to see some build progressions and demos though smile
drane2
I would be shocked if those PCBs are manufactured in Japan vs China. There's no reason to pay more to have them not manufactured in China unless you're using that fact in your marketing materials. It would be fairly trivial to estimate the board sizes, assume that some of them are panelized, and shop around to get an idea on price. I assume these are two layer boards. The PCB only price seems high to me, but I haven't actually done the exercise so I'm just speculating. At the end of the day, you're also paying the man for his time, and he would be foolish to charge any less than the market will bear as this is his livelihood I assume. Up to each person to decide whether it's worth it. The alternative is to design your own.
fuzzbass
needspeed wrote:
sanders wrote:

Now that would be a very interesting project indeed. I bet someone here has some idea on how this can be done as your cs50 is producing all the cv's and gates per note. Getting that converted to midi messages and distributed to 8/16 channels is quite the challenge......Steve

For what its worth, I put in a feature request to the Korg Kronos dev team for key pressure out from my Kronos. The synth processes and uses key pressure internally, but current cannot send these messages to midi out. I told them exactly what it was for, hoping there was at least one person on the Kronos team who is going to get a DD.

Anyone else here with a Kronos might do the same, who knows...
MrRoper
Does the Kronos keybed handle poly AT?! I'm using one myself and would definitely get onto Korg about doing it if so.

Lack of poly AT actual keyboards is whats stopping me getting on this
fuzzbass
MrRoper wrote:
Does the Kronos keybed handle poly AT?! I'm using one myself and would definitely get onto Korg about doing it if so.

1. you should not let that stop you, this is a great opportunity.
2. I don't blame you for not cracking the ridiculously tedious Kronos docs.

drane2
Trying to get an idea for costs when building this as a kit to see if its worth it vs prebuilt. Are any of the following bits of information available anywhere?

-BOM
-Cost of front panel (from "DIY Hub", or other source if available)
-Cost of case (from "DIY Hub" or other source if available)
sduck
No. Only guesses, which can be found earlier in this thread, maybe.
drane2
anybody attempted an estimate yet? roman_f are you reading this thread?
sduck
Of course. Some research will turn up several guesses. BOM - maybe 1K. Panel - probably similar to their other offerings - perhaps compare the 208 panel? Case - don't know, haven't seen much. There are several different approaches to this, depends what materials you prefer. Read this thread, the other one in General Gear, read other posts on the web, do some research, you'll know as much as anyone. Roman has popped in and out of the other thread frequently, he hasn't been in this one recently.
duff
drane2 wrote:
anybody attempted an estimate yet? roman_f are you reading this thread?

Deckards Dream FAQ wrote:
The price of components, hardware panel, case and PSU will be ~ $1000. No rare or obsolete parts are used. The bill of materials will be published very soon.
MrRoper
fuzzbass wrote:
MrRoper wrote:

1. you should not let that stop you, this is a great opportunity.
2. I don't blame you for not cracking the ridiculously tedious Kronos docs.

Tell me about that Kronos manual MY ASS IS BLEEDING

It does look awesome but a rack module isn't gonna work for me on my (already cluttered) desktop and mounted in a rack I doubt it'd get as much use as it should. I have wild fantasies about building it into a standalone keyboard, a huge task! However the poly AT on a 'real' keyboard is the deal breaker for me since I first tried it on a CS80. Incredible.

I had a read on some Korg forums and it appears although the Kronos can receive poly AT and transmit it via the sequencer the keyboard can't generate the messages. I think it's all mentioned here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65104&postdays= 0&postorder=asc&start=0

It's quite an old thread so this may have changed with subsequent Kronos releases but I think it's unlikely as they all still use the RH3 keybed.
The search continues!
fuzzbass
Ya that thread does go on and on like the manual, but sounds like the fundamental sensing circuitry is not in the keybed so Dead Banana

The following Ensoniq keyboards send poly aftertouch:

ESQ80
VFX / VFXSD
TS10 / TS12

I used to have a VFX which I sold some years ago for very little money. The question is whether you want poly aftertouch so badly that you would tolerate the presence of any of the fundamentally un-fun machines in your setup. screaming goo yo
J3RK
I don't know that I'd classify the SQ80 as unfun.

Poly aftertouch patents were up a few years ago if memory serves, so I'm sure something modern should be available or maybe become available in the near future.

I believe there's a company that makes controllers that output poly AT, but can't remember their name off the top of my head. I'll ask the person that told me about them.
sduck
The McMillen K-board Pro will do poly AT, not to mention all the other cool MPE enabled stuff. The non-moving keys won't work for a lot of you, granted. I bought one in the kickstarter, should be here pretty soon.
J3RK
The VAX controller keyboard is what I was thinking of. It does in fact do poly AT as well. The first batch is sold out right now though.
Chrutil
fuzzbass wrote:
Ya that thread does go on and on like the manual, but sounds like the fundamental sensing circuitry is not in the keybed so Dead Banana

The following Ensoniq keyboards send poly aftertouch:

ESQ80
VFX / VFXSD
TS10 / TS12

I just fired up my old Ensoniq EPS and it does poly Aftertouch as well.
As reported by MidiOX:
00014F1D 1 -- A0 3C 03 1 C 4 Key Aftertouch
00014F40 1 -- A0 3B 0E 1 B 3 Key Aftertouch

The Kronos (Original Rev 1) unfortunately does not:
00027CE4 1 -- D0 00 -- 1 --- Channel Aft

Seems I have my Deckard's Dream keyboard set!
C
ultravox
Chrutil wrote:

I just fired up my old Ensoniq EPS and it does poly Aftertouch as well.
As reported by MidiOX:
00014F1D 1 -- A0 3C 03 1 C 4 Key Aftertouch
00014F40 1 -- A0 3B 0E 1 B 3 Key Aftertouch

The Kronos (Original Rev 1) unfortunately does not:
00027CE4 1 -- D0 00 -- 1 --- Channel Aft

Seems I have my Deckard's Dream keyboard set!
C

The Ensoniq EPS was the first sampler my band used in the early 90's. The second keyboard player was having a hard time with it so I played it instead. With it I remember looping the drums for 'Stretched on Your Grave' by Sinead O'Connor and playing in a few notes down for a slow grungy sound, and we made it into a song. Off topic but it brought back memories...
needspeed
Roman please provide some update when you can, as many of us are committed to the chip group buy at either Thonk and/or Synthcube......Much appreciated.....Steve
sempervirent
You should follow @deckardsdream on Instagram for updates:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVZ4pwvhSUU/

Last post (yesterday) says: "We will have quotes for DIY case and panels very soon" – he also mentioned some Paypal problems.

Can't speak for him but I wouldn't imagine that keeping track of every MW thread about the project is possible.
sduck
Not to mention he's had yet another round of computer problems.
earl parameter
nice video
batchas
sduck wrote:

roglok
batchas wrote:
sduck wrote:

the dog ate my homework
akrylik
roglok wrote:
batchas wrote:
sduck wrote:

the dog ate my homework

Yup. It is irresponsible for a business to rely on one computer with no backup. Especially if you are holding other people's money. Amateur hour. hihi
nickciontea
y'all act like children
roglok
nickciontea wrote:
y'all act like children

you kids get off my lawn
sduck
Let's be nice folks. After all we will want Roman's participation in this forum when it comes time to build and debug these. There have been numerous times developers have abandoned MW because people started bugging them about trivial stuff or for having the wrong hairstyle.
jimfowler
Give the guy a break. We all have literally months until the boards are available. Plenty of time to source parts and get your respective ducks in a row. Sure these guys take on these tasks of their own volition but the odds of success are better if we rally behind them and support them rather than yelling at them for relatively inconsequential niggles.

Big ups to Roman and all the DIY developers for making these projects available. We all benefit from their very hard work. I, for one, am forever indebted. I have a room full of very dope shit as a direct result of their efforts.

- Jim
roglok
hey, just joking... no hard feelings

Lotsa Love
needspeed
jimfowler wrote:
Give the guy a break. We all have literally months until the boards are available. Plenty of time to source parts and get your respective ducks in a row. Sure these guys take on these tasks of their own volition but the odds of success are better if we rally behind them and support them rather than yelling at them for relatively inconsequential niggles.

Big ups to Roman and all the DIY developers for making these projects available. We all benefit from their very hard work. I, for one, am forever indebted. I have a room full of very dope shit as a direct result of their efforts.

- Jim

Very well said Jim, and thank you for posting this.

These projects are a miracle that they happen at all, and then are made available to us through this community.

Whenever it is ready, it will be ready and my deepest respect goes out to Roman for his efforts.

For anyone complaining, please do attempt to develop an ARP2500 clone for example and share it with us, then you will understand what Roman is doing, otherwise my opinion is you just don't get it......Steve
roman_f
please find the BETA BOM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FUuU-bPxM0XrvDrbQ1PkWa2KtMZKMk atFOWWaTnVAFg/edit?usp=sharing

feel free to order hardware and ICs, but please do not order resistors/capacitors yet - since DACs have 7-8 weeks manufacturing lead time, i’m still massaging the circuit, adjusting levels etc to make all things better. PCBs have 2 weeks lead time and i can order them at the last step.

we expect to ship the kits in the middle of august

best wishes
Roman

PS: i didn't see recent messages yet, will answer all in the morning.
PPS: preorder is finished, but we are making extra units.
~5 built units left for preorder and a little bit more of kits.
as soon as they are in stock in a website - you're covered
roman_f
i finally got rackmount case prototype. waiting for a quote for a DIY run.
panel, case and screen bezel sales will be managed by DIY HUB store

roman_f
i'm also sending a full kit to Dave Brown (www.modularsynthesis.com) - Dave is a very skilled engineer, famous for his detailed build guides and contributing a lot of support to a DIY community helping people on forums to debug their units
jersupereq
roman_f wrote:
i finally got rackmount case prototype. waiting for a quote for a DIY run.
panel, case and screen bezel sales will be managed by DIY HUB store

we're not worthy we're not worthy
roglok
Thanks for the update, Roman w00t
pulse_divider
roman_f wrote:
i'm also sending a full kit to Dave Brown (www.modularsynthesis.com) - Dave is a very skilled engineer, famous for his detailed build guides and contributing a lot of support to a DIY community helping people on forums to debug their units

Good move, Dave is the best!
J3RK
pulse_divider wrote:
roman_f wrote:

Good move, Dave is the best!

Agree! Very good idea. w00t

Also, nice work Roman!
Laughing
That's 64 TL074's, hot-diggity.
sixbyseven
If anyone is considering a group buy for the CINCON CHB75 DC-DC converter units, I am in. I am not planning on being first to build this synth, but there may be a modest lead time on these from mouser.
Laughing
Quantity price from Mouser for that power supply doesn't even drop it to the lowest price offered here: https://power.sager.com/chb75-12s12-5147109.html?utm_source=octopart&u tm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=power-brand

Sager's also only got 3 week lead time, as opposed to Mouser's 3-month lead time, so outside of Sager needing some crazy minimum order (I'm on the books for 4 anyways) I think they're the way to go.

Edit: Sager wanted a business name and some sort of certification, went with unclassified, and a bogus company name (that I would actually like to make in the future). I'll report back with results.
livewire
Laughing wrote:

You sure bout that?

You'd have more fun with 81 !!! Rockin' Banana!
Laughing
And I missed the 17 on the mainboard! 81 it is!
needspeed
livewire wrote:
Laughing wrote:

You sure bout that?

You'd have more fun with 81 !!! Rockin' Banana!

Indeed after careful scrutiny of the BOM, the correct answer is 81.

Might as well just buy 100 as the price drops by about half at Mouser.......Steve
needspeed
Laughing wrote:
Quantity price from Mouser for that power supply doesn't even drop it to the lowest price offered here: https://power.sager.com/chb75-12s12-5147109.html?utm_source=octopart&u tm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=power-brand

Sager's also only got 3 week lead time, as opposed to Mouser's 3-month lead time, so outside of Sager needing some crazy minimum order (I'm on the books for 4 anyways) I think they're the way to go.

Edit: Sager wanted a business name and some sort of certification, went with unclassified, and a bogus company name (that I would actually like to make in the future). I'll report back with results.

I know for my TTSH, Fuzzbase built a power supply and eliminated the DC-DCs altogether, which I would not mind doing for this project unless there is a compelling reason not to (electrocution does not count!!!).......Steve
sixbyseven
Laughing wrote:

Thank you for the info Laughing!! I will definitely check them out.
Laughing
It would be nice to use an external power supply, same as I've done for my TTSH, using a linear Power One supply, but the DDRM's power supply gives power in through an edge connector connection. Not impossible to work with, just need to etch a little board with some holes to solder to on it, but I'm sure there's more to it than just that, so, unlike the TTSH, I'm not going to risk it on this lovely synth.
nikbee
Any chance there will be a full kit for components? Maybe I'm making things up, but I remember someone somewhere saying that syntchube/thonk were planning on it..?
sixbyseven
Sager has a 70 Day Lead time on these now. ($55 USD, $75 CAD). Mouser also has a 70 day, at $88CAD per unit. Since I am not planning to build until the fall, Mouser may be the better deal when I include shipping costs in the calculation. I work for a large University and can sometimes get "Engineering Samples" so I even tried throwing the "Educational and Research Use" at them... no deal.

I don't think there is a large demand for these components, as they don't keep a large inventory. So it is going to be funny to see what Mouser does when they get a sudden surge in requests for these units.

Everything else is fairly straight forward, and I have enough stock of many of the components, but I really appreciate Roman and all the effort he and folks here have done for this project and some of the others.

I am kicking myself for not pursuing the TTSH, thinking there would be another run, so I was not letting this one go.
Laughing
Looks like Sager offers two: 12S12 and 12S12N. The former has 3 weeks, the latter 10 weeks, don't know what the difference is.
livewire
Laughing wrote:
Looks like Sager offers two: 12S12 and 12S12N. The former has 3 weeks, the latter 10 weeks, don't know what the difference is.

As listed in the datasheet, the "N" suffix denotes a negative logic remote ON/OFF feature.

Without the Deckards Dream schematic to study, I cannot tell if this is important or not. (as far as using it as a substitute if you found one in stock today.) seriously, i just don't get it
Laughing
The BOM does only specify 12S12, which is the 3 week one, luckily. The slide pots will take until September, though, so I guess it doesn't matter much either way.
DvStcH
Does anyone know of a group buy for the sliders yet?
Would make sense to almost half the price on mouser between 20+ of us
captnapalm
DvStcH wrote:
Does anyone know of a group buy for the sliders yet?
Would make sense to almost half the price on mouser between 20+ of us

Right here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184327
jersupereq

From Instagram
livewire
WANT! SlayerBadger!
synthcube
nikbee wrote:
Any chance there will be a full kit for components? Maybe I'm making things up, but I remember someone somewhere saying that syntchube/thonk were planning on it..?

yes, we will be offering one
Laughing
AAaaaall right, so I got an email back from Sager power systems for the 4 DC-DC converters that I quoted, and they said they'll be happy to follow through, so long as I call a number. Lead time in days is 21 days, so I'm going to give 'em a call and let you guys know what happens!
needspeed
synthcube wrote:
nikbee wrote:

Don't forget about us folks that already did the GB on chips and sliders as the kit will not need these. But I am in for a kit as soon as you announce it......Steve
synthcube
needspeed wrote:
synthcube wrote:
nikbee wrote:

Don't forget about us folks that already did the GB on chips and sliders as the kit will not need these. But I am in for a kit as soon as you announce it......Steve

yes, we'll offer full kits and full kits less group buy parts as well
Tristos
Great will you be notifying the people who have group bought already?

synthcube wrote:
needspeed wrote:
synthcube wrote:
nikbee wrote:

hairyloft
That expander on Instagram will compliment Deckards Dream perfectly, can't wait to hear the Demo's, another essential order, bring it on.
nickciontea
synthcube wrote:

Are the IC group buy pages pulled on the website? I was just gearing up to make the purchase
synthcube
yes, per the group buy threads, we closed the group buys in advance of placing the confirmed orders.
Laughing
Always a good idea to get organized before a project like this!

synthcube
totally agree!
FWIW, the beta BOM that Roman posted says that resistor and cap values may change before the production run, and it probably goes without saying but doublecheck that your well-organized parts match the final BOM smile
Laughing
Thanks for caution, Synthcube, will do!
fuzzbass
jersupereq wrote:

From Instagram

Wow looks lethal to insects.
Laughing
How is the chorus/tremelo effect done? Is it done digitally or through analog circuitry?
gwpt
Anyone know if there are any 2164's in the expander and if so how many?
I've about to bulk order some, and would like to get enough for both the main unit and the expander.
Cheers
ffont
Hi roman,

Any news on Deckard's Dream status?
Is the final BOM close to a release?

Also what about the production of the PCBs? Are shipping dates still set to mid August? (if I'm not confused that was the plan)

An update would be much appreciated smile
(even more with new sound examples )
Rockin' Banana!
roman_f
Hey, sorry - i was not visiting this topic for a while
thank you, Frederic, for a reminder

1) i've been intensively working on a code last month. Firmware update is now possible via usb, synth mounts as a external USB-drive and you just drop fresh .bin file there. Presets are also stored on this drive as a text file - sharing presets will be as easy as copy-paste in a .txt file.

2) i will post a final BOM by the end of month. as i have extra couple weeks i'd like to double check everything before you buy the parts

3) i have already received 16bit DACs, 10bit ones ships next week from the factory.

4) due to Japanese holidays week in August everything moves slightly forward, pick-and-place job is scheduled for August 17th, first day after holidays. They should run the boards fast. Sorry, i didn't know about this week, seems that many local companies do not work during these days.

5) i'm reworking expander, not very satisfied with rev1 proto. changing chorus circuit, adding additional tremolo circuit (stereo phaser + dual vca), adding wah circuit and expression pedal input.

6) i have enough kits left for preorder, and only 3 built units so far.

7) Andrew (DIY hub) has all the files for panel, case and screen cover - he should get the quote asap.
mOBiTh
w00t w00t w00t
stinkybonko
Hi Roman,

I am grateful for your efforts, I have ordered one of the last built ones.
Whenever you know please let us know the timeline for shipping.

I also want to ask for a very important feature for me which I think is fairly

easy to implement : a legato mode which could be activated with a foot-switch or midi.

cheers

Chris
needspeed
For anyone interested, SynthCube has Cincon CHB75-12S12 in stock right now for order, only 21 left and I think you need to order two (Per BOM), so I did........Steve
mOBiTh
Case pre-order is up:

http://siddarthianinnovations.bigcartel.com/products

Does anyone know the deadline?
needspeed
mOBiTh wrote:
Case pre-order is up:

http://siddarthianinnovations.bigcartel.com/products

Does anyone know the deadline?

Thanks for the heads up. I did not take any chances and ordered as I am already in deep at this point.......Steve
drane2
From the website:
Quote:
We will post the BOM and step by step illustrated build instructions at the end of May. Most of the parts are generic and come from Mouser. You may want to buy 17x CEM3340 oscillator chips from ON-Chip in advance, the unit also uses 59x V2164 VCA chips. Both in DIP package.

From roman_f up there:
Quote:
i will post a final BOM by the end of month.

Is there a BOM posted somewhere that I don't know about? I see discussion of a DCDC module a few messages back that I haven't heard mention of yet.
sduck
see page 5
drane2
thanks for the reply sduck. i thought i was already caught up on this thread, otherwise i obviously wouldn't have asked.
andy
Hey all! SlayerBadger!
Just letting you all know i started the pre order for the Panel and case here.
Link to pre order HERE

The pre order go's to sept 8th.
livewire
Thanks! I think that I'll just wiggle on over there and get me one of those. nanners
Tristos
Case ordered:)

Any news on the final BOM yet?

andy wrote:
Hey all! SlayerBadger!
Just letting you all know i started the pre order for the Panel and case here.
Link to pre order HERE

The pre order go's to sept 8th.
ultravox
Case ordered. thumbs up
synthcube
we don't have an update on the final BOM yet-- waiting for news
Tristos
synthcube wrote:

Do you guys have any Cincon convertors left?, for those looking to build as quickly as possible these look to be the only part which is non existent to source now from what I can see (mouser showing a big zero!)
synthcube
we have more coming in this week, yes, but the bigger issue for timing is likely the sliders, that are not due until late September
mbroers
case pre-ordered !!
Chrutil
I've got everything pre ordered except the Cincon power converter.
I was unclear whether you needed one or two of these.
Anyone knows?
synthcube
you'll need two
Laughing
@ Synthcube

If the case and panel are coming late September as well, maybe it's not such a bad problem? seriously, i just don't get it
nikbee
synthcube wrote:
you'll need two

d'oh!

I just ordered 1
needspeed
Laughing wrote:
@ Synthcube

If the case and panel are coming late September as well, maybe it's not such a bad problem? seriously, i just don't get it

It's mid August and we still are waiting on the boards and the final BOM, so I figure September it will all come together as there is nothing to build without the boards to stuff. I do know the dream will come true just a bit longer now........Steve
needspeed
synthcube wrote:
you'll need two

Are you guys still planning a full parts kit? I hope......Steve

Of course don't forget us folks that got in on all of your pre-orders as we have those parts coming Mr. Green
Laughing
Ah, mid August it is for the case, then! Yeah, I'll be excited for the DIP parts from Synthcube, too. Bought extra CEM3340's to play around with, it was the best time to get them at such a cheap price!
synthcube
needspeed wrote:
synthcube wrote:
you'll need two

Are you guys still planning a full parts kit? I hope......Steve

Of course don't forget us folks that got in on all of your pre-orders as we have those parts coming Mr. Green

we are indeed!

we'll be offering full kits, and also full kits without the group buy items, for those who already did the group buys
needspeed
Cinon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got these today from Synthcube and waiting on all the other SynthCube pre-orders as well as case and front panel.......Steve

needspeed
Tristos wrote:
synthcube wrote:

Do you guys have any Cincon convertors left?, for those looking to build as quickly as possible these look to be the only part which is non existent to source now from what I can see (mouser showing a big zero!)

Synthcube showing 31 as of now. Remember you need 2 of them.....Steve
Chrutil
needspeed wrote:
Synthcube showing 31 as of now. Remember you need 2 of them.....Steve

Thanks for the heads up. 29 now
Never maintain cash savings again
Pando
To all the DIYers, using thru-hole ICs, would you recommend the chips soldered directly to the board or using IC sockets? I'm thinking that it will be much easier to swap out a chip if it is in a socket, but they will make the build more expensive and it might not be as reliable due to vibration? Any room concerns as the chips will ride taller in the sockets?

- Thanks
ffont
Regarding the Synthcube cincon item I'm a bit confused now. I ordered one of http://synthcube.com/cart/ddrm-cincon-chb75-12s12. I thought this included the teo cincon we need. Isn't that the case?
paperCUT
Pando wrote:
To all the DIYers, using thru-hole ICs, would you recommend the chips soldered directly to the board or using IC sockets? I'm thinking that it will be much easier to swap out a chip if it is in a socket, but they will make the build more expensive and it might not be as reliable due to vibration? Any room concerns as the chips will ride taller in the sockets?

- Thanks

I'll use machined sockets, unless you're doing serious road trips (or throwing your synth around!) they are extremely rugged. You'd be fine soldering op-amps in but the 3340 and 2164s are a lot easier to damage if you make a mistake.
synthcube
ffont wrote:
Regarding the Synthcube cincon item I'm a bit confused now. I ordered one of http://synthcube.com/cart/ddrm-cincon-chb75-12s12. I thought this included the teo cincon we need. Isn't that the case?

the item is only one of the Cincons, you will need to order two.

"why did you list it as only one then, when the build needs two?' you ask

turns out at least some of our customers already had one and only wanted one
ffont
clearer now, just ordered 2nd unit.
maybe you could add a comment to the description to clarify that.

cheers
synthcube
ffont wrote:
clearer now, just ordered 2nd unit.
maybe you could add a comment to the description to clarify that.

cheers

thanks-- yes-- we just did smile

FYI for DDRM builders--- some of the key items (Cincons, some sliders, etc) are showing no availability until at least October 20; and we are still awaiting final BOM changes before finalizing our Kit BOM as well
sduck
Pando wrote:
Twould you recommend the chips soldered directly to the board or using IC sockets?

I almost always use sockets. They're a worthwhile investment IMHO. The odds of a chip falling out, even in extreme circumstances, are virtually none - odds are worse damage is going to happen to the rest of the unit first.
sixbyseven
synthcube wrote:
FYI for DDRM builders--- some of the key items (Cincons, some sliders, etc) are showing no availability until at least October 20; and we are still awaiting final BOM changes before finalizing our Kit BOM as well

Is there still a wait time for delivery of the Group buy ICs.. V2164 & 3340s?
synthcube
we are working through them--- group buys that were ICs only should have their orders... others also placed combined orders with sliders and some with the cincons.
oberling
So your full part kits will have an opt-out per group-bought item, synthcube? Because I already group-bought the chips and sliders but not yet the cincons... Or am I off safer if I also group-buy the cincons now separately?
synthcube
oberling wrote:
So your full part kits will have an opt-out per group-bought item, synthcube? Because I already group-bought the chips and sliders but not yet the cincons... Or am I off safer if I also group-buy the cincons now separately?

that's correct, yes.
most people seem to be buying the cinconc now, vs waiting.

in any case, once we have the kit BOM done, you'll be able to order the full kit less any or all of the group buy items you've ordered.
PISS.EXE
I'll be in for a full kit when they are ready applause
synthcube
oberling wrote:

You can look at the preliminary way we have set up the DIY page, with options to buy (or not) any or all of the group buy items and/or the full monty. Remember, the BOM IS NOT YET FINAL so everything is subject to change. We do not have any information about the BOM or the timing beyond what's been shared publicly.

http://synthcube.com/cart/ddrm-deckard-s-dream-diy-kit
needspeed
synthcube wrote:
oberling wrote:

You can look at the preliminary way we have set up the DIY page, with options to buy (or not) any or all of the group buy items and/or the full monty. Remember, the BOM IS NOT YET FINAL so everything is subject to change. We do not have any information about the BOM or the timing beyond what's been shared publicly.

http://synthcube.com/cart/ddrm-deckard-s-dream-diy-kit

I just put down a deposit and a big shout out to SynthCube for the great support for this project as it is a big one. So I have everything ordered at this point and will wait for the bits and pieces to arrive........Steve
ffont
Me too, thanks synthcube!
Fingers crossed I don't have problems with the customs etc as I'm in Europe hmmm.....
4teenth
Wow....

I've successfully built the TTSH, a Yocto and a NAVA, and i'm almost done with building a Jasper - how does this build rank in terms of difficulty/time?

I'm assuming it would be above the TTSH in terms of time, but is there anything more 'difficult' about it?

I've got another TTSH which I was wondering whether I should keep or sell once built, but this might have answered my question... Although two 2600s and a CS-80 would be pretty sweet...
ualslosar
The front panel & case are available for pre-order at DIY Hub now.

The price is $220 (not including shipping),which seems about right.

- Does anyone know where DIY Hub is located?

The worst part about these sheet metal cases is the damaged incurred during shipping if they aren't packaged well. Hope these are packed well.

Larry
needspeed
ualslosar wrote:
The front panel & case are available for pre-order at DIY Hub now.

The price is $220 (not including shipping),which seems about right.

- Does anyone know where DIY Hub is located?

The worst part about these sheet metal cases is the damaged incurred during shipping if they aren't packaged well. Hope these are packed well.

Larry

Here you go: DIY Hub

Have fun........Steve
ualslosar
Deckard's Dream needs some sort of cooling ?

ahhdem
sorry if i missed it in the thread, but is there somewhere to pre-order expander? just keep an eye on diyhub?
needspeed
ahhdem wrote:
sorry if i missed it in the thread, but is there somewhere to pre-order expander? just keep an eye on diyhub?

Expander is not available yet and I expect that when it is, we will know and it will then be found on the Deckards Dream website. DIY HUB is just providing panels and cases at this point.......Steve
Pando
Looks like the DIY HUB version of the panel has the branding text shown as "8-VOICE ANALOGUE DIY SYNTHESIZER" while the pre-built ones don't have the word "DIY". I would actually prefer that the word DIY is omitted from the panel no matter what kind of build it is. I intend to build this thing every bit as professionally as the factory-built version, and I think the word DIY somehow makes it sound more amateurish.

Also, looks like the "TOUCH RESPONCE" typo has been corrected, although I wouldn't mind having an "EMOTIONAL RESPONSE" section somewhere. smile ahhh...

https://images.bigcartel.com/product_images/201572347/DD-PANEL-REV2.4- DIY.jpg

http://www.deckardsdream.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/top-image-bott om-1.jpg
flts
Pando wrote:
Looks like the DIY HUB version of the panel has the branding text shown as "8-VOICE ANALOGUE DIY SYNTHESIZER" while the pre-built ones don't have the word "DIY". I would actually prefer that the word DIY is omitted from the panel no matter what kind of build it is. I intend to build this thing every bit as professionally as the factory-built version, and I think the word DIY somehow makes it sound more amateurish.

That does make sense business-wise though - if one considers warranty, reputation, et cetera. That way it's clear directly from the front panel if it's a hand-built (partially) through hole version built by someone who bought the kit, or a factory built SMT version with official support / warranty.

On the other hand, DIY isn't anything to be ashamed about or a sign of worse quality, of course!
bishopmagicdonjuan
Hey there- first time builder but i have lot's of friends with synth and electronics experience. how hard do y'all think this build will be????
sduck
Read back a few pages - this gets asked over an over. Roman has said that it'll have an easy to follow build guide, but beware that it's a HUGE project, and lots of room for errors. So personally I wouldn't undertake it until I was reasonably confident with my soldering ability, troubleshooting acumen, and ability to stay focused for a long time.
bishopmagicdonjuan
yeah, i'll be building it with someone who has 20+ years of electronics experience so i'm not super worried about that, but i just want to know so they understand what they're getting themselves into. LOL

Are the PCB Kits in danger of selling out soon? I'm trying to sell off my MU modular to get enough cash to buy all the necessary parts, but i'm worried i might miss the bus and on top of that i don't have a high enough post count for the sales forum..
sduck
Don't know if they've sold out or anything yet. Roman has never said this was a "Once and done" type deal, and usually he does multiple runs of his stuff, so I wouldn't worry about being able to get it somewhere down the road. Who know, the "version 2" might be even better with all kinds of bug fixes and what not.
bishopmagicdonjuan
word man. i'm so horny and wet about this synth that i'm very seriously considering selling my MOS-LAB Kobol Expander to fund it and those are IMPOSSIBLE to find now.
jimfowler
My first diy synth was the TTSH and it came out fine so I'd say go for it.
sduck
Oh - are you that same guy who was bragging about that on facebook? I'm glad that worked out for you - most people would (and did) crash and burn attempting something like that (and this) as a first project. There's always going to be a few mavericks who try to climb Mt. Everest as their first mountain climb - more power to you if you succeed!

And don't worry - if anyone decides to try this as a first build, and get stuck, you can always ask for help here, I'm sure there will be a busy build thread like with the various TTSH versions. And if you get to the throw up your hands point, there are always people who can rescue your build - I did that with several TTSH's.
jimfowler
I'm not on Facebook so no that wasn't me. I'm not bragging but rather suggesting that a large well-designed and well-documented project is within the scope of a relative beginner. This forum (and folks like sduck) are indispensable resources.
fuzzbass
bishopmagicdonjuan wrote:
Hey there- first time builder but i have lot's of friends with synth and electronics experience. how hard do y'all think this build will be????

Caveat: I am personally guilty of starting out with hubris. Even though I count myself as an experienced builder, I think it is again my hubris pushing me forward on this project. This looks an order of magnitude more complicated than a TTSH.

Everyone should be going into this with a clear idea of the risks. The CS80 was very complicated, and this one is even more so, being a large scale analog/digital hybrid, greatly miniaturized. There is high up front material cost.

If you have no building experience, you can count on errors happening in a build of this size. You should go extremely slowly and double or triple check everything.

Having zero building experience is not so much an obstacle as having no troubleshooting experience. And if you don't have a good scope, 3.5 digit DMM and temp controlled soldering station, I would say don't do it.

Generally support comes from the community, not the designer. If you start right out of the gate along with other builders, the overall support knowledge base will not be there yet. Your degree of patience will factor heavily.

I have never built any of Roman's other highly regarded projects, but this seems about as large scale as DIY gets - and clearly a big leap for him. Its not reasonable to expect the boards or code to be 100% bug or defect free. They might be, but that would be a feat for a small shop.
JanneI
Yes, for a non-experienced builder it's important to understand that by buying a diy kit you're not buying a fully working product with warranty. If you expect that, you really should buy a pre-build one.

I consider myself a semi-experienced builder and what I've learn from the crOwBX project is that sometimes it's better to let others find the faults and fixes, especially when your troubleshooting skills are low grade.

Other than that, I see no reason why not to go for this. Patience is a virtue. It's always easier to do it right at once than trying to find what went wrong.
needspeed
Just for those who are interested I clipped the following update from Instagram as to DD Kit progress. They also have a help wanted for someone to come over there and help build for anyone looking to leave the wife and kids behind for a life of poverty and glory building pre-built DD synth units.......Steve

deckardsdream@vynehall the PCBs we got didn't go thru the electric flying test, so they are making a whole new batch for us. Everything is delayed 2-3 weeks due to this. We should ship all kits by the end of September, and maybe a half of the built units, the other half will ship on the first week of October. I'll email each customer a week before shipping date with a balance payment link.
Rex Coil 7
sduck wrote:
Pando wrote:
Twould you recommend the chips soldered directly to the board or using IC sockets?

I almost always use sockets. They're a worthwhile investment IMHO. The odds of a chip falling out, even in extreme circumstances, are virtually none - odds are worse damage is going to happen to the rest of the unit first.
+1 ... if an IC becomes jarred loose from it's socket (or knocked totally out of it's socket), that will be the least of your worries since the impact required for that to happen would result in near total destruction of the entire device. Think fatal auto accident, or angry girlfriend tossing it out of a fifth story window. Stompboxes ... many of them ... use IC sockets. And stompboxes can be treated pretty poorly at times (no respect!). The ICs stay in place just fine.

Of course this assumes better quality sockets are used ... there's cheap crap and quality, make sure the latter is used. If so, expect zero issues.

Not only that, using a socket means that the IC itself was not subjected to the heat from soldering it in to place. Some folks use iron temps that are either too low (meaning the tip is left on the joint for too long to get the solder to flow and heat is given more time to saturate the component) .. or too hot which can fry the IC if one doesn't know how to "get in there - get it done - and get the hell out of there ASAP".

Sockets or no sockets, it's your choice at the end of the day. seriously, i just don't get it
Rex Coil 7
Jarno wrote:
salih03 wrote:

Seriously? eek!

It's a CS80
! With no proprietary components. That doesn't weigh 200+ pounds. Has tech support. All new parts that aren't "just getting older". That hasn't had who-knows-"who" fiddling around inside of it doing who-knows-what to it (y'know, like a 30+ year old CS80 that has been through the wringer).

Friggin BARGAIN man! Completed costs will probably hover around $2,500 once you figure in your labor and cost of all components, consumables used (solder, et al..) and so on.

I'm not aware of a freshly completely rebuilt CS ANYTHING for that kind of money.

Yamaha sells the Reface CS if this is too far of a reach .... yea, like that's even close to what this kit is.

It ain't a stompbox kit, IT'S A FRIGGIN CS80! A CS80 that you can have every single spare part it takes to build another one on hand to make sure it outlives you.

Just ... geez ... really ... consider the alternatives.

It's fairly priced.
Blake Smith
I'm curious if anyone knows whether or not the expander is designed for 1/4" or mini jacks. The renderings I saw looked like 1/4".

If the cv to midi function come to fruition some wonderful things could be done with that.
Jarno
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Jarno wrote:
salih03 wrote:

Seriously? eek!

It's a CS80
! With no proprietary components. That doesn't weigh 200+ pounds. Has tech support. All new parts that aren't "just getting older". That hasn't had who-knows-"who" fiddling around inside of it doing who-knows-what to it (y'know, like a 30+ year old CS80 that has been through the wringer).

It's fairly priced.

It's a matter of opinion, you compare it to a CS80, which is an unfair comparison IMHO, since the ONLY thing it shares is the circuit. I compare it to the cost to produce the thing you buy, the PCB, and then it seems a hefty margin. Don't get me wrong, it is still a monumental effort to develop this kit, and obviously it is fair to ask to be compensated for this, but one can push it too far.
cygmu
Jarno wrote:
I compare it to the cost to produce the thing you buy, the PCB, and then it seems a hefty margin. Don't get me wrong, it is still a monumental effort to develop this kit, and obviously it is fair to ask to be compensated for this, but one can push it too far.

I would say that the fact that nobody else has done this, and that there is so much apparent demand, suggests that the price is a fair compensation for the effort and risk involved.
4teenth
sduck wrote:
Oh - are you that same guy who was bragging about that on facebook? I'm glad that worked out for you - most people would (and did) crash and burn attempting something like that (and this) as a first project. There's always going to be a few mavericks who try to climb Mt. Everest as their first mountain climb - more power to you if you succeed!

And don't worry - if anyone decides to try this as a first build, and get stuck, you can always ask for help here, I'm sure there will be a busy build thread like with the various TTSH versions. And if you get to the throw up your hands point, there are always people who can rescue your build - I did that with several TTSH's.

My foray into the world of synth DIY went pretty much:

Circuit bending - Soldering jacks, switches onto toys etc
Yocto - Got through it with a bit of help troubleshooting
TTSH - Again, got through it with a bit of help (One silly error where I left out a resistor in the S&H section, and a couple of dead J-Fets)
Nava - Pretty straightforward, but with some troubleshooting at the end
Jasper - Ongoing, but seems like the easiest of all so far.

I did think this would put me in good stead for the DD, but reading that it's like 4x (I think that was the number) components, I'm feeling less confident... I've got another TTSH to build, which may or may not be sold afterwards to fund this, but it's a bit daunting maybe having a $2,500 paperweight at the end of it all...
roglok
my advice for those in doubt whether this should be their first build:

wait until the documentation is available.

a detailed, easy-to-follow and and well written documentation can make a complex project feasible, even for beginners.

it may also be a good idea to pass on the rev. 1 PCBs and wait until all teething troubles are out of the way. for rev. 1 TTSHs, for example, there's been a lot of bugfixing and troubleshooting. it is possible that roman has gone through better quality control but some initial issues are likely to pop up anyway.
Rex Coil 7
Jarno wrote:
....It's a matter of opinion, you compare it to a CS80, which is an unfair comparison IMHO, since the ONLY thing it shares is the circuit. I compare it to the cost to produce the thing you buy, the PCB, and then it seems a hefty margin. Don't get me wrong, it is still a monumental effort to develop this kit, and obviously it is fair to ask to be compensated for this, but one can push it too far.
Yup, it IS a matter of opinion.

Free market is a wonderful thing. If you do not like what you see, move on to something that you like better (in your own opinion).

Best of luck.

cool
fuzzbass
roglok wrote:
my advice for those in doubt whether this should be their first build:

wait until the documentation is available.

a detailed, easy-to-follow and and well written documentation can make a complex project feasible, even for beginners.

it may also be a good idea to pass on the rev. 1 PCBs and wait until all teething troubles are out of the way. for rev. 1 TTSHs, for example, there's been a lot of bugfixing and troubleshooting. it is possible that roman has gone through better quality control but some initial issues are likely to pop up anyway.

Just to get this out of the way: TTSH V1 had some bugs, and most of those were resolved in V2. V3 TTSH had more bugs than V1. Based on this it might benefit to wait until DD re2, but not rev3 hihi
Pando
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
sduck wrote:
Pando wrote:

+1 ... if an IC becomes jarred loose from it's socket (or knocked totally out of it's socket), that will be the least of your worries since the impact required for that to happen would result in near total destruction of the entire device.

That's correct if you're thinking about a single impact, but I was more concerned about acoustic vibration (bass) slowly loosening up the chips. I've seen it in industrial environments where wire sockets are coming loose over time as the machine vibrates. I don't know if audio equipment is subjected by this, which is why I was asking if sockets are recommended. But I guess it wouldn't be too hard to pop a chip back in if that ever happens.

Of course I now see many advantages in using high quality (machined pin) sockets that vastly outweigh soldering chips directly to the board. Thanks everyone for their comments, the sockets are definitely a way to go for a DIY project.

That said, I have quite a bit of experience with electronics assembly - I was an electronics tech at an industrial factory stuffing and soldering circuit boards in the early 90s, so I can be a valuable contributor when the time comes. This will be fun smile
Jarno
It depends on your soldering skills, if you have a good track record, solder IC's directly. No socket is better than a socket.
If however, you feel there's a chance you bugger up an ic by overheating it, use sockets. No troubleshooting is better than troubleshooting tens of ic's.

I hardly ever use sockets myself (i usually use smt opamps, so yeah), but if an ic seems to be broken it is easy enough to get it out, clean it up and solder in a new ic.
ultravox
Hi Pando, I plan to use sockets in my build as long as there isn't a space issue. Socketed chips are usually so snug that you have to use something to pull the chip out. There's nothing wrong with soldering the chip in either, so either method should give you years of trouble free service.
Rex Coil 7
Everyone has their own idea of ~good~.

thumbs up
nikbee
synthcube: did i miss the DIY kit preorder deposit, or has it not started yet?
synthcube
its coming back very shortly. we just have to make sure we get the quantities right so we don't over or under commit

FYI, for those who participated in IC and/or slider group buys, the sliders have been starting to trickle in a little earlier than expected from backorders (go figure) so we'll be turning those around and shipping them generally in the order that your order(s) were received. We are still being told that the majority will not be available until around 20 October.
mOBiTh
I've just noticed the up/down buttons are back to front, xbase09 style, is that going to permeate into the final version?

Normally right is up/inc and left is down/dec, at least in my world hihi
andy
Hey every one!
Looks like the Panel's and case's are going to be in toward the end of
October now. Thing's are running behind as usual meh sorry about that.
Will keep every one updated. thumbs up
needspeed
Check this out as I am so in love with this instrument and project......Steve

Credit: Paul Schilling

Demo at Knobcon with Single Voice Card
sixbyseven
From Roman:

We are finally done with a DIY Deckard's Dream bill of materials - please get it from http://www.deckardsdream.com/downloads/DD-BOM-REV1.0.0.zip
mOBiTh
needspeed wrote:
Check this out as I am so in love with this instrument and project......Steve

Credit: Paul Schilling

Demo at Knobcon with Single Voice Card

Saw this yesterday - sounds mint!

So is/was oldcrow actually involved in the filter design then, I'm confused?

It would make sense but I hadn't heard anything along these lines until now.

M
needspeed
sixbyseven wrote:
From Roman:

We are finally done with a DIY Deckard's Dream bill of materials - please get it from http://www.deckardsdream.com/downloads/DD-BOM-REV1.0.0.zip
synthcube
we are also working on updating our synthCube kit BOM based on this newly available 'final' BOM and will post here when completed
needspeed
synthcube wrote:
we are also working on updating our synthCube kit BOM based on this newly available 'final' BOM and will post here when completed

Thanks for all of your support on this large and complex project. It will be one heck of an effort on your part to do the parts kit and I am so grateful you are doing it. Its going to be one big box of parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also some folks were asking if you were going to offer the Full Full parts kit as everything is showing as sold out........Steve
synthcube
needspeed wrote:
synthcube wrote:

Thanks for all of your support on this large and complex project. It will be one heck of an effort on your part to do the parts kit and I am so grateful you are doing it. Its going to be one big box of parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also some folks were asking if you were going to offer the Full Full parts kit as everything is showing as sold out........Steve

Yes, we will offer full full parts kits, along with the rare parts kits, the individual batches of CEM3340 and V2164 etc-- as well as stocking most of the parts not otherwise available via Mouser or your favorite parts house. So, the idea is to offer anything/everything you need for your DDRM build other than what you already have, or buy elsewhere.

Does not apply to PCB sets or panels/cases of course smile

We will be updating store inventories as parts arrive here.
needspeed
synthcube wrote:

Yes, we will offer full full parts kits, along with the rare parts kits, the individual batches of CEM3340 and V2164 etc-- as well as stocking most of the parts not otherwise available via Mouser or your favorite parts house. So, the idea is to offer anything/everything you need for your DDRM build other than what you already have, or buy elsewhere.

Does not apply to PCB sets or panels/cases of course smile

We will be updating store inventories as parts arrive here.

You guys are awesome......Thanks.....Steve
JanneI
Here's a partial mouser cart (NOT COMPLETE!), which I made from the official BOM. No group buy parts, no common value resistors, no 1N914... but all the others should be there, some with extra 'cos the price break..

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=84d5b 89d77
pschilling
Yes oldcrow designed the filters. I believe it is the same core circuit as the ones he did for the MOTM-480 and M480 MkII.

He said at KnobCon that he built the one-voice DD he had there.

I just can't get over how great his filters sound and how great the whole DD voice sounds in general.

Nice that Roman's design allows setting the number of voices...I plan to space the building of voice cards out over several months.

mOBiTh wrote:

So is/was oldcrow actually involved in the filter design then, I'm confused?

It would make sense but I hadn't heard anything along these lines until now.

M
pschilling
JanneI wrote:
Here's a partial mouser cart (NOT COMPLETE!), which I made from the official BOM. No group buy parts, no common value resistors, no 1N914... but all the others should be there, some with extra 'cos the price break..

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=84d5b 89d77

nice, thank you!
needspeed
pschilling wrote:

Nice that Roman's design allows setting the number of voices...I plan to space the building of voice cards out over several months.

Thank goodness for this, as once you have power figured out and the main board with no guarantees on these being bug free, at least we can take our time on each voice card and it will just keep getting better as we add another voice to the system......Steve
sixbyseven
There is a Facebook group for the DDRM build, but I like the stuff found here on MW and think keeping everything here is best. Is this though the 'Official build thread" or should it be started somewhere else.

In any event, for those BOM shopping, so far today have discovered that:

1) The Bom calls only one heat sink, but two Cincon power units are being used. The BOM also calls 2 insulating Cincon thermal pads. I thought there was a need for two, so I don't know if this is an error

2) The STM32 Arm processor comes without firmware. Not a problem for me, but some folks may be squeamish about this. No worries, it is a fairly straight forward procedure. But this could effect the order in which you build and test things.

3) IC4 & 18 on the original BOM were 8 pin DG419s. These have been changed to a single DG403 which is now 16 pin for IC4.
Pando
Great stuff!

Will there be a schematic released as well (might help with troubleshooting)?
sduck
sixbyseven wrote:
There is a Facebook group for the DDRM build, but I like the stuff found here on MW and think keeping everything here is best. Is this though the 'Official build thread" or should it be started somewhere else.

This isn't the "official build thread", as no-one is actually building these yet. It may however morph into it, although starting a new thread might be neater, or maybe not.
needspeed
sduck wrote:
sixbyseven wrote:

This isn't the "official build thread", as no-one is actually building these yet. It may however morph into it, although starting a new thread might be neater, or maybe not.

I could see it morphing, but there are already 10 pages on build thoughts and speculation, so I would vote for a dedicated build thread once we get some kits going. But that is just me and my 2 cents.....Thanks.....Steve
needspeed
Thank goodness Muffs is back I felt that a part of me was missing. Just in time to help us all with Deckard's Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sixbyseven
needspeed wrote:
sduck wrote:
sixbyseven wrote:

I could see it morphing, but there are already 10 pages on build thoughts and speculation, so I would vote for a dedicated build thread once we get some kits going. But that is just me and my 2 cents.....Thanks.....Steve

Just my 2 cents, we actually have started the process of building the DDRM, and I think we should start a specific build thread. Purchasing parts is just one of the steps in the planning process. Identifying errors and alternates in the BOM. A schematic at this point would also be most helpful. I am not going to even start without one. Maybe we can make one just to keep the FAQ and docs at the top.
sduck
Anyone want to take the plunge (to create a build thread)? It'll take some doing to keep the first post up to date with links and such, if you choose to do that. I'm not sure I'm the one for the job as I've only pressed the order button at synthcube and paid the required boatload of $$$.
Laughing
It would be exceptionally nice if someone could make a doc that has the entire step by step process for uploading the ST firmware on here, with maybe pictures of buttons to press in the IDE and everything. I don't even know which IDE to use. I've uploaded via MPLAB before, but not ST, and as I remember, they outsourced the IDE to IR or someone else external.
needspeed
sduck wrote:
Anyone want to take the plunge (to create a build thread)? It'll take some doing to keep the first post up to date with links and such, if you choose to do that. I'm not sure I'm the one for the job as I've only pressed the order button at synthcube and paid the required boatload of $$$.

I would be happy to do it (build thread) but I am also waiting on my parts and PCBs but am hopeful for next week. I am no expert by any means but I am either brave or foolish enough to start building right away and see what happens. Roman did discuss a build guide/video and schematics with test points would help prevent burning too many parts Mr. Green ......Steve
sduck
Laughing wrote:
It would be exceptionally nice if someone could make a doc that has the entire step by step process for uploading the ST firmware on here, with maybe pictures of buttons to press in the IDE and everything.

Hopefully that'll appear here or elsewhere. If he provides hex files it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm assuming it'll be fairly similar to the easy way programming mutable builds - just attach an ST-Link V2, run the STlink Utility soft, load the hex, run it. Of course it's not quite as simple as that sounds, but that's the gist of it. The STlink software only runs on windows, something to be aware of, but I don't really know what's involved yet, so don't get anxious. Yet.
synthetic
What are the 17 CEMs for? Does this have CEM oscillators?
needspeed
synthetic wrote:
What are the 17 CEMs for? Does this have CEM oscillators?

Yes 2 per voice card as each voice has 2 OSCs......Steve
needspeed
Duplicate post Delete me plz.....Steve
ultravox
So far I finished payment for the main kit, the front panel & case, and received the V2164's, CEM3340's and sliders. Aside from the DC/DC converters does this kit from synthcube contain all the remaining parts (resistors, caps, etc...)? Deckard's Dream Kit

Unfortunately I travel too much to create the build thread and keep the first post up to date. However I promise to be as supportive to the project as possible. thumbs up
needspeed
ultravox wrote:
So far I finished payment for the main kit, the front panel & case, and received the V2164's, CEM3340's and sliders. Aside from the DC/DC converters does this kit from synthcube contain all the remaining parts (resistors, caps, etc...)? Deckard's Dream Kit

Unfortunately I travel too much to create the build thread and keep the first post up to date. However I promise to be as supportive to the project as possible. thumbs up

The Everything Else kit for $979 is as you described.......Steve
ultravox
needspeed wrote:

The Everything Else kit for $979 is as you described.......Steve

Thanks Steve.
synthcube
.... one clarificaton, the 'everything else' kit does not include the power brick/wall wart as each country has different requirements.

...and we've begun shipping those 'everything else' kits, so please keep an eye out for inbound deliveries.

.... some parts are still backordered, but the delivery dates are getting closer...
th.kbm1
applause
sixbyseven
sduck wrote:

Not really a forum expert, but just tell me what I have to do to get a build thread going. I actually never had this on my bucket list.... Do I need to apply to become a moderator? is it as simple as "Start new thread"? We could put the FAQ at the top. I have a couple hours each week to maintain and upload errors and omissions in the BOM, Schematic, and tech notes.
LED-man
From my experience with the 3 TTSH versions:

A forum is a forum and not a knowledge platform for sharing big project documentation.
A known issue list, BOM, external links and few pics are ok here.
I prefer a external documentation for this big project.
My DDRM diy project documentation is planned, on DSL-man.de
My website is a wiki system with a user management system,
Everybody is welcome to contact me to get write access there.
(It’s a atlassian confluence System, a professional Enterprise Wiki system)
sduck
sixbyseven wrote:
tell me what I have to do to get a build thread going. I actually never had this on my bucket list.... Do I need to apply to become a moderator? is it as simple as "Start new thread"?

Yes, that's all that's really involved. It's kind of nice to have someone do it who's willing to check in regularly and add stuff to the first post like links to BOM's, docs and so forth, but that's not technically required.
needspeed
LED-man wrote:
From my experience with the 3 TTSH versions:

A forum is a forum and not a knowledge platform for sharing big project documentation.
A known issue list, BOM, external links and few pics are ok here.
I prefer a external documentation for this big project.
My DDRM diy project documentation is planned, on DSL-man.de
My website is a wiki system with a user management system,
Everybody is welcome to contact me to get write access there.
(It’s a atlassian confluence System, a professional Enterprise Wiki system)

Fully agree with the above. I am expecting that Roman will provide all the basics and a public repository that is managed such as your wiki is essential.

Then Muffs can be a place to share and help each other in semi real-time.

Also SynthCube is shipping all of my parts and I paid within hours of the PCB kit becoming available via Black Company, so hopefully I will get shipping notice any day!!!!!......Steve
Heavy Metal Kid
Following.
Jruss993
Looks like a new BOM has been released? Any one have a link?
needspeed
Jruss993 wrote:

http://deckardsdream.com/downloads/DD-BOM-REV1.0.0.zip
Jruss993
needspeed wrote:
Jruss993 wrote:

http://deckardsdream.com/downloads/DD-BOM-REV1.0.0.zip

derp... Thanks!
needspeed
I asked Roman about his thoughts on a dedicated build thread here. I know he does not post much here anymore. I am waiting to see if he prefers to host something for us before I create it.

Roman told me he plans to have schematics by the end of this month and a very detailed build guide to the component level with photo in 2-3 weeks.....Steve
Jruss993
needspeed wrote:
I asked Roman about his thoughts on a dedicated build thread here. I know he does not post much here anymore. I am waiting to see if he prefers to host something for us before I create it.

Roman told me he plans to have schematics by the end of this month and a very detailed build guide to the component level with photo in 2-3 weeks.....Steve

Nice! Just in time for winter:). Can't think of a better time to lock myself in a dingy basement and build a synth.
cupwise
really cool that synthcube are offering the everything else kit, but i'm wondering if anyone could tell me if i could save anything significant by purchasing all of that stuff from mouser myself. obviously the synthcube kit has the benefit of not having to spend the probably insane amount of time putting all that stuff in a cart. but still.
needspeed
Ok I have bitten the bullet and created a build post..........Steve

Deckards Dream General Build Thread
cupwise
another question- will the synthcube everything else bundle include sockets for the ICs?
synthcube
yes
needspeed
synthcube wrote:
yes

You guys are the best spinning
sixbyseven
cupwise wrote:
really cool that synthcube are offering the everything else kit, but i'm wondering if anyone could tell me if i could save anything significant by purchasing all of that stuff from mouser myself. obviously the synthcube kit has the benefit of not having to spend the probably insane amount of time putting all that stuff in a cart. but still.

It depends where you live, etc and can buy it all in one cart. I ordered mine from multiple suppliers, because stuff was not available at mouser. So my additional shipping charges are a consideration. The biggest savings were with the group buys for the sliders, V2164s and CEM3340s. Saved a ton of money through one purchase at synthcube. It cost me about $1500 USD for all of the parts I had to buy, a few hundred was in shipping charges. Also many of the capacitors, op amps, diodes and resistors, I had in my stock cabinet so that was not in the price either. (although this project put one hell of a dent in in now)
needspeed
I present Deckards Dream's GUTS courtesy of Synthcube.....Thank you very much.......Steve

synthcube
that little baggie full of 600+ SMT caps is sitting conspicuously on the top of the caps pile smile
needspeed
synthcube wrote:
that little baggie full of 600+ SMT caps is sitting conspicuously on the top of the caps pile smile

Yes that was intentional since it has caused a kerfuffle for some of us......Steve
fuzzbass
needspeed wrote:
I present Deckards Dream's GUTS courtesy of Synthcube.....Thank you very much.......Steve

Now I know where all the heat sinks went smile
needspeed
fuzzbass wrote:
needspeed wrote:

Now I know where all the heat sinks went smile

Yes SynthCube cornered the market those bastards Mr. Green
fuzzbass
needspeed wrote:
Yes that was intentional since it has caused a kerfuffle for some of us......Steve

You must be talking about me! Kerfuffle naw... Its all just part of my denial>anger>sadness>acceptance process.
needspeed
fuzzbass wrote:
needspeed wrote:

You must be talking about me! Kerfuffle naw... Its all just part of my denial>anger>sadness>acceptance process.

There are many that suffer from this affliction!!!!!! I hope you and the others will find a cure some day thumbs up
ultravox
fuzzbass wrote:
needspeed wrote:

This actually made me LOL because it's true! Cheesy!
KlangGenerator
Any ideas why the DDRM website and instagram account are down ATM?
ultravox
KlangGenerator wrote:

They changed the name to Black Corporation but haven't updated the link yet: https://www.instagram.com/blackcorporation_jp/
sleepyams
KlangGenerator wrote:

I think the instagram was moved to here: https://www.instagram.com/blackcorporation_jp/

Also I just checked the website and it's loading fine for me.
KlangGenerator
Yep, the website loads again. Thanks for the hint instagram... thumbs up
needspeed
Definition of imminent
:ready to take place; especially :hanging threateningly over one's head

Hopefully this week we are in imminent danger of getting our PCBs shipped

Mr. Green
livewire
needspeed wrote:
Definition of imminent
:ready to take place; especially :hanging threateningly over one's head

Hopefully this week we are in imminent danger of getting our PCBs shipped

Mr. Green

I like your optimism! nanners
needspeed
Roman confirmed this morning that PCBs will be shipping tomorrow....Steve
livewire
needspeed wrote:

From Japan? Overnight? lol
needspeed
livewire wrote:
needspeed wrote:

From Japan? Overnight? lol

Now I never said they were shipping over night!!!! But Roman did say they are starting to ship tomorrow via Japan post international priority with tracking.

Those are the facts directly from Roman........Have fun......Steve
needspeed
Exciting news as Roman sent me a pic of my package with a shipping label affixed with my name and address. They are starting to go out so start heating up your soldering irons!!!!!!!!!!! Also don't forget magnification for all those lovely SMTs
ffont
Great news!
Hope to receive a shipping confirmation email soon smile

Can't wait for the building guide now to start virtually building the kit. As roman has left us a bit abandoned in terms of new sound clips/videos...
needspeed
ffont wrote:
Great news!
Hope to receive a shipping confirmation email soon smile

Can't wait for the building guide now to start virtually building the kit. As roman has left us a bit abandoned in terms of new sound clips/videos...

I will not make any reasons up for Roman and team, but I understand they have been working 12 hour days building pre-builts and making the kits.

He did tell me that schematics and build guide will come by the end of the month....Steve
ffont
Sure, I know they're working a lot and I appreciate that, didn't want to sound like blaming them hehe. Just wanted to share my excitement smile we're not worthy
needspeed
ffont wrote:
Sure, I know they're working a lot and I appreciate that, didn't want to sound like blaming them hehe. Just wanted to share my excitement smile we're not worthy

Well at least we can get started soldering the SMT caps as we do not need a build guide to figure out where the go!!!!! razz
ffont
FYI: Just got an email from Black Corporation asking me to confirm the shipping address and saying it’s being picked up by Japan post in the next ~10 hours. Rockin' Banana!
drane2
needspeed wrote:
Exciting news as Roman sent me a pic of my package with a shipping label affixed with my name and address. They are starting to go out so start heating up your soldering irons!!!!!!!!!!! Also don't forget magnification for all those lovely SMTs

They're 0805. You might want to get some decent tweezers for positioning but doubt most will need any magnification.
needspeed
drane2 wrote:
needspeed wrote:

They're 0805. You might want to get some decent tweezers for positioning but doubt most will need any magnification.

Definitely tweezers, but for old folks like me magnification is a must even for those humongous 0805 SMTs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Green
sduck
incoming spam warning:

Look for yoctosun on amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Yoctosun-Magnifier-Professional-Interchangeable -Replaceable/dp/B01H8808H6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507675374&sr=8-1&ke ywords=yoctosun

This thing is amazing, and especially at the price you pay! And it's really light, you don't need the strap because it's so light, it works with glasses, and comes with several different lenses.

livewire
So it plugs into your modular? I see wires coming out of your head.
screaming goo yo

EDIT: I just bought one. Thanks for the linky.
Ima not happy with my present set up. Lots of fiddling with my table mount magnifier, glasses, etc.
needspeed
livewire wrote:
So it plugs into your modular? I see wires coming out of your head.
screaming goo yo

Funny but I just noticed that after you pointed it out. I wonder if he even knows that he has become a cyborg?????
sduck
Once you plug in you can never plug out.
needspeed
sduck wrote:
Once you plug in you can never plug out.

Sounds like the Matrix to me Mr. Green
fuzzbass
Wot - the curtains?
needspeed
fuzzbass wrote:
Wot - the curtains?

Now that sounds like Monty Python!!!!!

And now for something completely different: I got an email from Black Corporation with a tracking number and tracking info screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
Jruss993
needspeed wrote:
fuzzbass wrote:
Wot - the curtains?

And now for something completely different: I got an email from Black Corporation with a tracking number and tracking info screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

Me too!!!! However I am still waiting on my parts kit from synthcube because I hummed and hawed about it for a while which bumped me way down I think seriously, i just don't get it
needspeed
Jruss993 wrote:
needspeed wrote:
fuzzbass wrote:
Wot - the curtains?

Me too!!!! However I am still waiting on my parts kit from synthcube because I hummed and hawed about it for a while which bumped me way down I think seriously, i just don't get it

I will hope that your wait is not very long. I am sure SynthCube is working their collective buts off kitting this stuff up.

The only delay may be in back ordered parts. I was one of the first and still had some back ordered parts.

Hell just buy the SMT caps as they are stupid cheap and that will keep you busy while waiting.......Steve
whomper
sduck wrote:
incoming spam warning:

Look for yoctosun on amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Yoctosun-Magnifier-Professional-Interchangeable -Replaceable/dp/B01H8808H6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507675374&sr=8-1&ke ywords=yoctosun

This thing is amazing, and especially at the price you pay! And it's really light, you don't need the strap because it's so light, it works with glasses, and comes with several different lenses.

Have the exact same thing! That's so funny seeing it on other folks...
Can get you a bit of a headache after using it for a few hours....
needspeed
sduck wrote:
incoming spam warning:

Have the exact same thing! That's so funny seeing it on other folks...
Can get you a bit of a headache after using it for a few hours....

This will be a long project, so I hope you do not get too many headaches!!!!
Jruss993
needspeed wrote:
Jruss993 wrote:
needspeed wrote:
fuzzbass wrote:
Wot - the curtains?

I will hope that your wait is not very long. I am sure SynthCube is working their collective buts off kitting this stuff up.

The only delay may be in back ordered parts. I was one of the first and still had some back ordered parts.

Hell just buy the SMT caps as they are stupid cheap and that will keep you busy while waiting.......Steve

That's a really good point on the SMT caps! I might just do that!
livewire
Got "The Email". DD's on the way Ray Jay!!! screaming goo yo nanners screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo nanners screaming goo yo w00t screaming goo yo Guinness ftw! screaming goo yo nanners screaming goo yo thumbs up screaming goo yo Rockin' Banana! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
cupwise
sduck wrote:
incoming spam warning:

been thinking about looking for something like this. looks great and cheap! thanks!
Pando
Looks like the 0805 SMT caps are all on the back side of the voice board. Definitely should do those first before any thru hole components.

needspeed
Pando wrote:
Looks like the 0805 SMT caps are all on the back side of the voice board. Definitely should do those first before any thru hole components.

I am just going to do each and every one of them on all boards first before moving on to TH components. As the voice boards will do nothing without the main board and power board. Then it is done and over with!!!!!
JanneI
..and for the 8 identical voice cards I think one can save time by:
1) take a paper sheet
2) mark all the smd locations
3) cut holes according to the paper

Helps to find the caps and after soldering making sure that nothing was missed.
JanneI
JanneI wrote:
1) take a paper sheet
4) place on top to check

roglok
JanneI wrote:
JanneI wrote:
1) take a paper sheet
4) place on top to check

check the images above. both sides of the PCB are silkscreened with component outlines and parts designators...
Pando
roglok wrote:

check the images above. both sides of the PCB are silkscreened with component outlines and parts designators...

Yes, here is the component side:

Here is the solder side:

sduck
Where are these pics from? Got the rest?
Pando
I would have really used some resistor networks there for similar values. This would have simplified the build quite a bit. But maybe there was a reason to minimize crosstalk, by using discrete resistors, not sure.
Pando
sduck wrote:
Where are these pics from? Got the rest?

https://www.instagram.com/blackcorporation_jp/

Some posts have multiple pics (stacked square symbol in upper right), so use the left/right arrows to see more pictures.
sduck
Ah, I see. I follow that insta, and have seen those before, was wondering if there were higher resolution ones out there. I guess I can wait a few days.
needspeed
Ignore!!!
Rex Coil 7
sduck wrote:
incoming spam warning:

Simply AWESOM Steve .... I've been looking for something along them lines for some time now. Makes muh geerz easier to work on! Although my eyesight is improving since the VA changed some of my Rx's, it's still kinda sucky (pupil constriction is the worst of it). ~That~ looks like a viable solution to wearing two pair of glasses simultaneously (hmmm .... I suppose at the end of the day that is precisely what that is!).

Righteous beans!

thumbs up
groove
Pando wrote:

Some posts have multiple pics (stacked square symbol in upper right), so use the left/right arrows to see more pictures.

Wow, nice. I am really excited - I just got word my kit is shipping. Although part of me wonders if I have bitten off more than I can chew, this time.

Has there been any recent word on the expander?

edit: the mothership has landed! The voice boards are not as dense as I expected, this looks fairly easy to manage, just large in parts count.
needspeed
groove wrote:
Pando wrote:

Wow, nice. I am really excited - I just got word my kit is shipping. Although part of me wonders if I have bitten off more than I can chew, this time.

Not as yet. Roman has said that working on both at the same time was becoming difficult to manage, so I would venture to guess he chose to build the pre-builts and kit/ship the PCBs first.....Steve
mcbinc
groove wrote:

I think what I'll want soon is a Lexicon 224xl clone project...
fuzzbass
And its Here! ... not the DD, the Yoctosun magnifiers. lol
needspeed
fuzzbass wrote:
And its Here! ... not the DD, the Yoctosun magnifiers. lol

Its seems that you life is complete and all your dreams and desires have been fulfilled Mr. Green
nonsuch85
Sorry if this has been answered before but does anyone know roughly what the cost will be for the kit plus the BoM? I know it uses like a million 2164's so that already puts costs up a fair bit razz
needspeed
nonsuch85 wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before but does anyone know roughly what the cost will be for the kit plus the BoM? I know it uses like a million 2164's so that already puts costs up a fair bit razz

All in, with group buys, I am at $2,730USD for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Kit 999
Synthcube parts kit 989
Group buy 480
Panel 220
Mouser 45
nonsuch85
needspeed wrote:

Kit 999
Synthcube parts kit 989
Group buy 480
Panel 220
Mouser 45

Thanks for the reply SlayerBadger! I take it the groupbuy was for all those TH 2164's?
needspeed
nonsuch85 wrote:
needspeed wrote:

Kit 999
Synthcube parts kit 989
Group buy 480
Panel 220
Mouser 45

Thanks for the reply SlayerBadger! I take it the groupbuy was for all those TH 2164's?

Yes also CEMs, Cincons ans Sliders and SynthCube and maybe Thonk still have them
Pando
tobb wrote:
via Roman:
Quote:

I hope there is also a ribbon controller included!
fuzzbass
Pando wrote:
tobb wrote:
via Roman:
Quote:

Spit in one hand and hope in the other. See which one fills up first! However: it does not weigh 200 kilos or contain 100+ trimmers.
Pando
fuzzbass wrote:
Pando wrote:

Spit in one hand and hope in the other. See which one fills up first! However: it does not weigh 200 kilos or contain 100+ trimmers.

Roman says it:
roman_f wrote:
answering some questions:

- 1u expansion module following the main unit, with analogue effects, assignable CV/GATE inputs and desktop ribbon controller (will connect to the expander via cable)

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2485955#2485955
needspeed
Well the time everyone has been waiting for is here!!!!!!!!! Forgive the poor playing on my part but just 1 voice this is the most remarkable instrument. Just a preset no changes on my part. This is a GoPro video which does not do the sound justice. I will run it into my mixer next and record from there. Must finish a second voice card NOW!!!!!!!!!! Get excited folks this is going to be epic......Steve

DDRM 1 Voice at Brith

craigyb
I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I want to build Deckards dream, after looking at the CS80 in action and the first sounds of the the DDRM I'm keen on it.

Around $3000 plus shipping and taxes to the UK. So maybe as high as $4000

Also on my hit list....

TTSH clone arp 2600 (around $3800)
Oberheim OB-MX 12 voice (don't know what price it could be)

Which would give me the best bang per buck as they say?
sduck
You might want to do some research into the TTSH and the OB-MX clone, and then the DDRM starts to look like the most viable option currently.
the bad producer
Yes, the TTSH is a different thing to the DDRM really, and I'm not sure if still available, but the CrOwBX is... sduck have you made a CrowBX? Why do you hint it is unviable, I've been dying to make one for agess!
jimfowler
It's kinda apples to oranges comparing the TTSH and crOwBX...two totally different flavors. I've built both and can assert that the TTSH is a relatively easier build. I get more mileage out of my crOwBX but really wouldn't want to be without either. I think a whole lot of us will know a whole lot more about the DDRM in the next few weeks as folks get done with their builds.

- Jim
fuzzbass
TTSH and DDRM are both for serious builders only, but the comparison stops there.

I have not embarked on the DD build yet, but it involves a great many more parts and solder joints than the TTSH. TTSH schematics are posted and there is no software. People will be troubleshooting DDRM without aid of schematics or source code. Up front parts cost of TTSH is somewhere around $1200. DDRM is more like $2.5K+ These are very different beasts and overall the DDRM is a higher mountain to climb.

When you make the summit, then comes the expander and figuring out your touch response solution - because yes that is a vital part of the instrument. If you go for a Roli, break out your wallet again.

There about a dozen people on this forum that have built multiple TTSH and collectively we have seen and fixed just about every thing that can go wrong. DDRM is new terrain to everyone right now. Speed built the first one and hit the first snag, and will probably end up fixing that one himself and showing us how.

If I scared you out of DDRM and you want a TTSH, PM me! It's peanut butter jelly time!
needspeed
fuzzbass wrote:
TTSH and DDRM are both for serious builders only, but the comparison stops there.

I have not embarked on the DD build yet, but it involves a great many more parts and solder joints than the TTSH. TTSH schematics are posted and there is no software. People will be troubleshooting DDRM without aid of schematics or source code. Up front parts cost of TTSH is somewhere around $1200. DDRM is more like $2.5K+ These are very different beasts and overall the DDRM is a higher mountain to climb.

When you make the summit, then comes the expander and figuring out your touch response solution - because yes that is a vital part of the instrument. If you go for a Roli, break out your wallet again.

There about a dozen people on this forum that have built multiple TTSH and collectively we have seen and fixed just about every thing that can go wrong. DDRM is new terrain to everyone right now. Speed built the first one and hit the first snag, and will probably end up fixing that one himself and showing us how.

If I scared you out of DDRM and you want a TTSH, PM me! It's peanut butter jelly time!

very well put Tony!!!!!!!!!!! The DDRM is nothing like the TTSH, and both are freekign awesome.

I have one of fuzzbase's TTSHs and will get anther, He has build a masterpiece for me.

As to building the DDRM, this is by far the most intense DIY you can imagine as Tony states above. You really have to want it bad in your soul to build it, as it is very painstaking.

The results are off the hook and no other instrument on earth except a real CS-80 will come close......Steve

BTW the schematics, firmware and build guide are not too far off and there is plenty you can do without them as parts is parts and they need to be placed and soldered in the right spots. If you do any DIY the boards and Romans BOM are self evident
craigyb
It's more of a case of wanting to own all 3 but not having the budget.

I'm going to be using a Roland A90EX to control any external modules, it has assignable sliders and poly and channel aftertouch which I would have thought necessary to come close to what CS80 keyboard can do.

I would get a TTSH ready built from the second hand market, tweak it if need be.

I would build the DDRM, straight forward enough from what I have seen, just time consuming and learning to do SMT components. I've been soldering for 43 years now so I know how to solder.
flts
It seems to me that craigyb was talking about 12-voice OB-MX which is something very, very different from crOwBX - which is a 4-voice OB-X clone. OB-X being much earlier and very different design from OB-MX. (OK, crOwBX could be apparently built as a 8-voice if you're very, very adventurous, but they're still quite different synths)

So I assume the point was to either get an actual factory-built OB-MX in the used market, a TTSH in some form (prebuilt / used, or someone's leftover PCB + panel if one is lucky), or get a DDRM DIY set and all the components and build one.

It sounds like the real question is "I want several very different things, can anyone tell me which one to get (at first)?", and that's a pretty tricky - albeit normal - question that nobody can ultimately give the right answer for.

Eg. things like "bang for buck" are ultimately pretty silly concepts in the instrument world in other than very, very limited comparisons... and here we're comparing three very different synths with very different feature sets, availability, work required et cetera. So, for example:

- Do you like to spend time building stuff or would you rather spend your time making music? DDRM is the only one readily available in DIY form - TTSH is sold out and OB-MX was never DIY. DDRM will also take more than one or two days of your time, as the component count / complexity is rather high, which is fun for people who enjoy to solder, and not so fun for people who want to quickly get stuff built so they can get back to playing that stuff

- Would you have more use for a polysynth, or a monosynth/semi-modular? In former case, DDRM and OB-MX are the obvious options, in the latter case TTSH.

- Which of the three has the sound and features you're after the most? This is the most important point - something that at least for me weighs the most and where other people can help the least.

Et cetera.

Just a note, that there is apparently also a full-size 2600 clone coming from company run by forum members jhulk, aquatarkus et cetera. That's an option to replace the now sold out TTSH kits, but it will apparently still take some time to be out so if you want a 2600 clone _right now_ then TTSH is the only viable option.
synthcube
we've decided to stock the slider cap sets for the ddrm-- available here:

http://synthcube.com/cart/ddrm-slider-pot-caps-set

please enjoy

craigyb
I have been out of the synth arena since 2002 due to work commitments etc.

Yes the TTSH is a totally different beast from the DDRM, I have a modular hybrid (Digisound 80/ARP/MFOS/Yusynth/Elektor Formant and some others). So I might just stick with that and upgrade it to more of my liking.

Also awaiting the possible 2600 clone from Behringer to investigate.

I never liked the CS80 in my early days of synths (1980's). They seemed to be vast unwieldy beasts, but then again i never really heard one in action. Now I'm discovering their sounds the DDRM seems like a great option. But control of it seems to be the key. Wiggling is important.

As for the OBMX, well it's a beast in its own right, I sold my Oberheim expander without realizing what I really had in my possession. So time for another mighty Oberheim that doesn't take up my whole studio.
ultravox
synthcube wrote:
we've decided to stock the slider cap sets for the ddrm-- available here:

http://synthcube.com/cart/ddrm-slider-pot-caps-set

please enjoy

Sold! thumbs up
Pando
Those who ordered the "Full Component" Synthcube kit (or "Everything Else" kit), are the slider caps included?

Thanks
synthcube
Pando wrote:
Those who ordered the "Full Component" Synthcube kit (or "Everything Else" kit), are the slider caps included?

Thanks

yes they are-- people who already have their kits will get a second shipment with the caps and any other backordered parts, and upcoming kits will include the slider caps
Pando
synthcube wrote:
Pando wrote:

Thanks

yes they are-- people who already have their kits will get a second shipment with the caps and any other backordered parts, and upcoming kits will include the slider caps

thumbs up
andy
Hey all!
So I got the prototype in and going over it. The color is off (close to black) d'oh!
on this one but the final will be right. I will be putting the orders in this next week. So they should be coming in in sometime in December and shipping then. Ill keep you all posted.

ultravox
Hi Andy, thanks for the update. The panel and case look really good!
sonicmayhem
sweet
Pando
Thanks Andy, looks great!

Someone else brought this up earlier - a slight inconsistency in the labels.

In the RESh, LPF, and ResL, the high settings says HIGH, but the low setting is 0. But the HPF low setting is LOW, not 0.

Not that it matters much however....

Calmer
Hello everyone, as my first post. I want to say I am really excited to see everyones DD come. I have the DIY, really trying to wrap my head around this build.

As a CS lover and owner, I really can't wait to get this in the studio.

lovely prototype andy! Im sure you will dial it all in nicely.

Looking forward to following all of this....
weedywhizz
Slider cap kits here as well:
https://www.samodular.com/product/switchcaps/

Will begin shipping them once grey and green caps have arrived by end of November. Delivery date noted by the manufacturer is Nov, 24th. As far as I know the cheapest option...
andy
Pando wrote:
Thanks Andy, looks great!

Someone else brought this up earlier - a slight inconsistency in the labels.

In the RESh, LPF, and ResL, the high settings says HIGH, but the low setting is 0. But the HPF low setting is LOW, not 0.

Not that it matters much however....

That also is going to be changed for the final run as well. thumbs up
Pando
andy wrote:

GREAT!!! thumbs up

I just noticed another thing, a minor usability confusion.

On the square/sawtooth switches, is the switch ON when it's UP? The UP label is at the bottom, so it's not really clear which way it is operating.

If the switch is on at the up position, I would think that putting ON above the switch may be more descriptive (and perhaps a corresponding OFF below it also). Like so:

ON

[switch]

OFF

[waveform symbol]

Oh, and also the DETUNE CH II is backwards with the - is up. It's just more intuitive if + is considered up, but that may depend how the slider is wired...

But hey, no big deal if it's the way it is, just nitpicking.... I realize the pre-built ones are already shipping, so can't really change them.
ultravox
Pando wrote:
andy wrote:

GREAT!!! thumbs up

I just noticed another thing, a minor usability confusion.

On the square/sawtooth switches, is the switch ON when it's UP? The UP label is at the bottom, so it's not really clear which way it is operating.

If the switch is on at the up position, I would think that putting ON above the switch may be more descriptive (and perhaps a corresponding OFF below it also). Like so:

ON

[switch]

OFF

[waveform symbol]

Oh, and also the DETUNE CH II is backwards with the - is up. It's just more intuitive if + is considered up, but that may depend how the slider is wired...

But hey, no big deal if it's the way it is, just nitpicking.... I realize the pre-built ones are already shipping, so can't really change them.

It's the same way on the CS-80, so all's good.

Pando
ultravox wrote:

It's the same way on the CS-80, so all's good.

cool thumbs up
Pando
andy wrote:
Hey all!
So I got the prototype in and going over it. The color is off (close to black) d'oh!

@andy, the black faceplate and case look awesome. I know it eventually will be slightly gray probably to match the color of a real CS-80, but black is really nice. Consider making a black one available somehow, I'd be very, very interested.
livewire
Does anyone have an idea what the DD Expander kit will cost?
Or if it will be offered as a kit? hmmm.....
synthcube
if Roman is supportive of us doing expander kits the way he was for the original Deckards Dream kits we make, we'll be happy to offer them.
ultravox
livewire wrote:

I've read posts that it will be DIY only, and posts that it will be only prebuilt, so it's anybody's guess at the moment. I don't remember seeing a price yet.
Corrupt
ultravox wrote:
livewire wrote:

I've read posts that it will be DIY only, and posts that it will be only prebuilt, so it's anybody's guess at the moment. I don't remember seeing a price yet.

It will certainly be available pre-built, according to Roman a couple of weeks ago. Didn’t ask about DIY.
sixbyseven
There is a DIY expander available. The PCBs are $399. You can preorder now

You can also order prebuilt $999
Pando
nevermind... replied to an old thread.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 15