MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Superbooth 2017 Highlights
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Superbooth 2017 Highlights
blacklight
Post your superbooth 17 highlights here

This was my first superbooth and I have never been to a modular event before this one, everyone was super nice from the fellow wigglers to the manufacturers, the atmosphere was really positive.
The most exciting booths for me were the small manufacturers.

My top picks are:

Livestock electronics
The wavetable VCO sounds amazing and offers a lot of tonal flexibility and the multiple with attenuation for each output is a genious idea.

CG Products
Their VCO allows for great[/i] control over the waveform, the delay makes dank karplus strong effects that sound really good

This is not rocket science
Dat sequencer is just straight up jummy

Also meeting Divkid was nice It's peanut butter jelly time!
blacklight
Oh yeah I forgot
The winter modular eloquencer is pretty SlayerBadger!
The klavis Logica is probably the best logic module out there and the Twin Waves does 24bit 96k dual waves in 8 HP MY ASS IS BLEEDING
christian-heiko
im quite hyped about this bastl tape delay aswell as this xaoc drezno & mixer!
blacklight
christian-heiko wrote:
im quite hyped about this bastl tape delay aswell as this xaoc drezno & mixer!

Sadly I had no time to really check out the bastl booth, does that thing have actual tape inside? And if so, is it replaceable?
hawkfuzz
Are you talking about the Winter Modular sequencer in the first post?
Tonescape
Did you get to check out the Shephard sequencer as well on the Livestock booth?

Very interested in that one cool
blacklight
hawkfuzz wrote:
Are you talking about the Winter Modular sequencer in the first post?

Yes it's called the eloquencer it's 8 channels with 16 steps and all the features you would expect from a sequencer, it also has voltage outs for each step that you can tune to standard 1v/Oct directly on the sequencer, sadly no glide between each step tho :(
It's made with an arduino processor which is pretty impressive... (Also open source It's peanut butter jelly time! )

Tonescape wrote:
Did you get to check out the Shephard sequencer as well on the Livestock booth?

Very interested in that one cool

Yeah the Shepard looks great, and the buttons feel amazing too, it's a bit complicated and I have to take a good look at it though.
insula
too many prototipes hmmm..... for me...

eloequence from winter modular and the VNCO from hexinverter are the one's for me.

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
richc90
All the Xaoc stuff looks amazing.
Apfelmann
how can it be that nobody is talking about the new radiomusic Firmware? one of my personal Highlights just because ist an upgrade for a module i already have and so i dont ahve to spend Money w00t
High Wolf
I know it's kinda off topic but anyone saw the new Sherman Filterbank compact edition there? It was supposed to be shown but no one talked about it...
cane creek
Wonder if we are going to see any videos of the Digitana/FSOL HALia prototype module/synth that was at the show.
cane creek
High Wolf wrote:
I know it's kinda off topic but anyone saw the new Sherman Filterbank compact edition there? It was supposed to be shown but no one talked about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3YarZUgjk
High Wolf
cane creek wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3YarZUgjk

Thanks! thumbs up
DSC
The new upcoming firmware in the Cirklon looks mighty good! Nice to see Colin out and about. New Reaktor blocks look fun too.
blacklight
DSC wrote:
The new upcoming firmware in the Cirklon looks mighty good! Nice to see Colin out and about. New Reaktor blocks look fun too.

Yeah native instruments unlike other software companies that went to the event understand what the modular community wants from their product
the curve sequencer looks fun (mainly because I am pretty used to it from when I was using Massive as my main synth before getting blessed by the Xfer gods)
cyclopeatron
DSC wrote:
The new upcoming firmware in the Cirklon looks mighty good!

...this

...Cirklon can now do envelopes... envelope sequencing... wow... love

Also, the 32 CV out Cirklon eurorack d-mux module is almost here, so now you can have 56 simultaneous CV outs straight into your eurorack (=euroBOB + d-mux).
Warpsmasher
Dave Rossum's marijuana samples cool

Would have liked a better look at the Malekko drumboxes. sad banana
Daisuk
Eloquencer and the upcoming music thing modules for me. Oh, and the nick batt getting lost for 10 hours on superbooth video. lol
Wendy Veen
I'm just so happy Praga is finally getting released.
dbeats
My highlights:
WMD trigger sequencer
Bastl metal faceplates
TINRS Tuesday
Colins live performances
TheSolenoids
I was surprisingly interested by the Erica drum sequencer. That looks really playable!
atte
I didn't go, but from what I saw the doepfer a-180-9 is pretty exciting:

http://www.doepfer.de/A1809.htm

Obviously the eloquencer for me as well, but I already pre-ordered that one..
asteraster
thyme is finally being released!
StringEmil
Actually really excited about the new Ginko Synthese non-linear sequencer.
Flame away, but I think one of my caveats with large parts of 'electronic music', is that it is often locked to a grid (step sequencers) and is not very fluid. This sequencer looks like it could add an element of fluidity (I don't really know if there is anything out there like it yet?).

Different strokes for different folks I guess Mr. Green
MARK27
I have to have that Bastl softPop. I always secretly wanted a BitRanger and a Kastl but never bought one.
ugokcen
I wasn't there in person but based on the videos I saw, Dave Rossum's Assimilator seemed to be miles ahead of any other sampler on the market. And his enthusiasm is absolutely inspiring.

There were other things I was looking forward to seeing some demos of, but did not materialize (yet). The Malekko drum machine for example. Or, the Shakmat trigger sequencer, or the Tetrapad, or the 4ms multi-tap delay. Couldn't find any videos with Noise Engineering either.
Torn n Frayed
ugokcen wrote:
I wasn't there in person but based on the videos I saw, Dave Rossum's Assimilator seemed to be miles ahead of any other sampler on the market. And his enthusiasm is absolutely inspiring.

There were other things I was looking forward to seeing some demos of, but did not materialize (yet). The Malekko drum machine for example. Or, the Shakmat trigger sequencer, or the Tetrapad, or the 4ms multi-tap delay. Couldn't find any videos with Noise Engineering either.

And nothing yet with Sonic Potions..
capski
was the ALM S950 filter there? I think he mentioned it on that audio interview but I may have been mistaken - also thought I saw a mystery module in a pic of the ALM rig...
Jondue
capski wrote:
was the ALM S950 filter there? I think he mentioned it on that audio interview but I may have been mistaken - also thought I saw a mystery module in a pic of the ALM rig...

Mystery module is the yet-to-be-named S950 filter. Sonic State did a quickie interview:

capski
Jondue wrote:

Mystery module is the yet-to-be-named S950 filter. Sonic State did a quickie interview

Nice! Thank you
fma
I really liked the Befaco mixer and expander. The vactrol channel mutes that you can pretty much play like a keyboard is a great idea.
blacklight
This year the main trends at Superbooth seem to have been:
Performance mixers
Sequencers

It seems like whenever a lot of manufacturers try to do the "same" thing you always get some nice variation in the results I imagine it's a kind of competition for who can either make the most generally feature rich module and who can make the most interesting module for X person in Y use-case in the same category of modules.

who knows what manufacturers will focus on next year (hopefully EQs, there are not a lot of good equalizers in eurorack)
Artaos
StringEmil wrote:

I can't find any info on this. Any links?
blacklight
Artaos wrote:
StringEmil wrote:

here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3TizGNg1e4
Artaos
blacklight wrote:
Artaos wrote:
StringEmil wrote:

here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3TizGNg1e4

Very cool little sequencer, thanks!
neonmercury1
Of course the assimlil8tor seems amazing makes me hesitant to pull the trigger for a bitbox... sad banana

I also was excited to see the addac stereo Mixer. It will probably be too big and most likely far too expensive for my rack but it has 5 stereo channels and finally a performance mixer with stereo sends and returns (3)!!! Im surprised with how many good stereo modules there are i read very little about this "issue"
dash80
The Erica Synths new step sequencer with computer keys is making me hyper

Lots of good stuff at the event though, but this one stood out the most.
WaveRider
the control surface prototype by..... those who are doing the cv touch strips

awesome gestural sequencer
cyclopeatron
ugokcen wrote:
I wasn't there in person but based on the videos I saw, Dave Rossum's Assimilator seemed to be miles ahead of any other sampler on the market.

neonmercury1 wrote:
Of course the assimlil8tor seems amazing makes me hesitant to pull the trigger for a bitbox...

assimil8tor does look totally cool, but I'm not sure that it's clearly better than bitbox.

Based on what I've seen it looks like bitbox is better in a few ways: (1) you can have twice as many samples (16 vs 8) at a time, (2) you can manually trigger and and manipulate samples on the touchscreen (great for live performances), and (3) bitbox has MIDI, which is huge for me since I use a hardware sequencer (cirklon) and I'd rather not use up a bunch of my CV channels for sample gates.

assimil8tor has more inputs and options for CV manipulation of samples, and it has several more individual outs. Awesome!

So thus far I see assimlil8tor and bitbox as pretty equivalent, with some pros and cons each person has to personally weigh. Based on what I know now I wouldn't trade my bitbox for an assimil8tor because I personally want a larger sample bank and MIDI.

It will be interesting to see the price of the assimil8tor.
sromanel
WaveRider wrote:
the control surface prototype by..... those who are doing the cv touch strips

awesome gestural sequencer

I guess you're thinking of (Arches), by Soundmachines
neonmercury1
cyclopeatron wrote:
ugokcen wrote:
I wasn't there in person but based on the videos I saw, Dave Rossum's Assimilator seemed to be miles ahead of any other sampler on the market.

neonmercury1 wrote:
Of course the assimlil8tor seems amazing makes me hesitant to pull the trigger for a bitbox...

assimil8tor does look totally cool, but I'm not sure that it's clearly better than bitbox.

Based on what I've seen it looks like bitbox is better in a few ways: (1) you can have twice as many samples (16 vs 8) at a time, (2) you can manually trigger and and manipulate samples on the touchscreen (great for live performances), and (3) bitbox has MIDI, which is huge for me since I use a hardware sequencer (cirklon) and I'd rather not use up a bunch of my CV channels for sample gates.

assimil8tor has more inputs and options for CV manipulation of samples, and it has several more individual outs. Awesome!

So thus far I see assimlil8tor and bitbox as pretty equivalent, with some pros and cons each person has to personally weigh. Based on what I know now I wouldn't trade my bitbox for an assimil8tor because I personally want a larger sample bank and MIDI.

It will be interesting to see the price of the assimil8tor.

Yeah the price will be interesting, I think the modulation possibilities and the individual outs make the assimla8tor edge slightly in front of bitbox but I thinks we probably work differently.

that being said there is no harm in habing both Rockin' Banana!
fma
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EWJ_64uchY

Yeah that thing is drool worthy. Wonder what the cost is going to be?
sromanel
fma wrote:
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EWJ_64uchY

Yeah that thing is drool worthy. Wonder what the cost is going to be?

It's written on the video description, and Davide says it towards the end of the vid, the range is about 800/900€ although it's not decided yet. I read somewhere that Kickstarter backuppers get like 15% off the retail price, though I might be wrong
Mikeyg3k
MARK27 wrote:
I have to have that Bastl softPop. I always secretly wanted a BitRanger and a Kastl but never bought one.
YES!!!!!!!!

it sounds so cool and a little weird !!! I can't wait
nearly ghost
Mikeyg3k wrote:
MARK27 wrote:
YES!!!!!!!!

it sounds so cool and a little weird !!! I can't wait

Me too.. It does seem like a quirky little box with an interesting sound
DJMaytag
dash80 wrote:
The Erica Synths new step sequencer with computer keys is making me hyper

Lots of good stuff at the event though, but this one stood out the most.

Most definitely, so long as this thing isn't as pricey as something like an Analog RYTM. Anything under $500 and it's a no brained buy. Over $500 and I may have to save up.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 2