MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
Zymos
You can only run one firmware at a time.
The procedure to load it is the same whether you start with the stock firmware loaded or Parasites.[/quote]
jkammerl
Great patch using the beat-repeat mode by redstripedown:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUADQxWlPrO/
jkammerl
I haven't seen any videos/samples of the spectral clouds mode. I'd love to know how you are using it! Do you have any samples to share?
behndy
Zymos wrote:
Pretty sure if it reboots, the update was successful. Otherwise you get flashing red lights.

Just watch the wave file play on your device. If it gets to the end and Clouds reboots, then the new FW is loaded. If it is not behaving like you expected (don't forget to calibrate!!) then it is probably user error. Unless there is something broken with this latest version.

about to install this, because oh YES sounds like LOVE, i'm still new to modular loots..... what does one do to calibrate clouds?
Zymos
Check the manual at MI's site.
behndy
durp. rtfm. of COURSE. my bad.

thanks!

"Calibration procedure

The module is factory-calibrated using precision voltage sources. Follow this procedure only if you want to compensate for inaccuracies in your CV sources, or if your module has lost its calibration settings following a fault or the installation of alternative firmware.
To calibrate the unit:

Disconnect all CV inputs.
Connect the note CV output of a well-calibrated keyboard interface or MIDI-CV converter to the V/OCT input.
Press the Load/save button, and while you hold it down, press the Blend parameter/Audio quality button. The first 2 LEDs will blink in orange.
Play a C2 note, or send a 1V voltage from your CV source.
Press the Load/Save button. The four LEDs will blink in orange.
Play a C4 note, or send a 3V voltage from your CV source.
Press the Load/Save push-button.
Calibration is done!"
behndy
using the Pitch out of my Beatstep Pro should be the correct voltage no?
jwise
I'd left my Keystep in the office the day I installed Kammerl so I used my Mordax Data to first send out a 1V signal and then tuned it to 3V (except that I couldn't dial in a perfect 3.0 but got a 3.01V signal) and was good to go.
Zymos
behndy wrote:

Do you have a meter? There's no other way to know that a given C from the BSP is 1V or whatever, especially since you can change the octaves in the software. But if you can verify, then the BSP will work fine.
ShiitakeUfO
jkammerl wrote:
I haven't seen any videos/samples of the spectral clouds mode. I'd love to know how you are using it! Do you have any samples to share?

If my patch is still put together when I get home from a trip I'll totally post a video into this forum. I used a TH x-4046 going into spectral clouds, being controlled at 1v/oct by the pitch CV coming from my moog LP II. I put the moog through a chorus pedal and mixed that with my modular in my amp and the results were pretty satisfying.
behndy
Zymos wrote:
behndy wrote:

Do you have a meter? There's no other way to know that a given C from the BSP is 1V or whatever, especially since you can change the octaves in the software. But if you can verify, then the BSP will work fine.

iiiiiii don't have a meter. super new to modular, LACKING on the skill set tools.
Zymos
Defintitely worth having, even just a cheap one...
jasev
Just put this on. Thanks for doing this liking it a lot.

Got me thinking about bricking clouds, i've done about 10 firmware updates on it now so if its not been bricked yet is it safe to say it won't in the future if i swap between firmwares or not?? Anyone know??
jasev
behndy wrote:

Have you got a precision adder?? Thats what i use piece of piss calibrating with one
jkammerl
I prototyped a new mode called: WavePicker. It's a wavetable-based two-voice oscillator that picks wave forms directly from Clouds recording buffer

Here's a temporary download link:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05.wav

Since its behavior is much more chaotic (depends on the input wave form), I'm not sure yet if this new mode is a good addition to the firmware. It would be great to hear your feedback before I officially add it to the release. What do you think?

This is how it works:

Select the mode: All but the first LED lit

These are the controls:
Position -> Position in recording buffer
Size -> Sample loop size
Pitch -> Pitch (can be 1V/Oct controlled)
Density -> Volume of second voice (same waveform)
Texture -> Relative pitch of second oscillator (mid position -> same pitch)

In addition of being an oscillator, it generates interesting sounds on beats/transients:

ps. do you have any samples of the spectral clouds mode? I haven't seen many in public.
mckenic
something wonderful
L.C.O.
jkammerl wrote:
I prototyped a new mode called: WavePicker. It's a wavetable-based two-voice oscillator that picks wave forms directly from Clouds recording buffer

Since its behavior is much more chaotic (depends on the input wave form), I'm not sure yet if this new mode is a good addition to the firmware. It would be great to hear your feedback before I officially add it to the release. What do you think?

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

In addition of being an oscillator, it generates interesting sounds on beats/transients:

ps. do you have any samples of the spectral clouds mode? I haven't seen many in public.

Looks super cool!
ignatius
sounds rad
jkammerl
Beautiful beat warping..
memovitch
jkammerl: that is great! did you made it only with one loop and some modulation sources on inputs?
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

Does the trig input do anything? How do you clock the whole thing to have the loop, play in sync?
jkammerl
memovitch wrote:
jkammerl: that is great! did you made it only with one loop and some modulation sources on inputs?

No, this video is made by "DJ Peeb". I found it on YouTube. The beats are processed using the scratch (sinusoidal) pitch modulation with a large slice size to get these slow variation in pitch on drums.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:

Does the trig input do anything? How do you clock the whole thing to have the loop, play in sync?

Currently, sync doesn't do much but this is a great idea to use sync pulses to reset the loop. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
rumblefishrhodes
i'll plus 1 the sync pulses update, that would be awesome!
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Currently, sync doesn't do much but this is a great idea to use sync pulses to reset the loop. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I assume the Freeze button, freezes what ever is recorded in the buffer, basically a record on/off switch?

Is the second coming out of the oher output or are they both coming out the same output?
I am thinking that having each oscillator, coming from an individual output, would provide nice stereo effects.
And if one wants that in mono, Clouds' L/R outs can be mixed into a mono mixer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 8 of 17