MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
Chopper
Just wanted to say thanks (again), considering the goodies are still coming with this amazing firmware.
witchbutter
This firmware is next level. Thank you so much for publishing this.

Now if we can get a microclouds in 8HP just like the microbraids I would be in spectral reverb heaven. Many much micro mutable modules!
mckenic
Just had a (4 hour) session with the KFingerprints VST - Wow!
Using different Speech samples as input & sidechain OMG!!! something wonderful

Any chance it might make it into the Clouds release? (if thats even possible?)
Either way - Thank You!!!

we're not worthy
gimber
Another thanks for this - I've been using the best repeat on all sorts of material in subtle ways and it adds some really nice variety and texture.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Does the trig input do anything? How do you clock the whole thing to have the loop, play in sync?

Currently, sync doesn't do much but this is a great idea to use sync pulses to reset the loop. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I assume the Freeze button, freezes what ever is recorded in the buffer, basically a record on/off switch?

Is the second coming out of the oher output or are they both coming out the same output?
I am thinking that having each oscillator, coming from an individual output, would provide nice stereo effects.
And if one wants that in mono, Clouds' L/R outs can be mixed into a mono mixer.

Correct, the freeze button basically turns recording on and off.
These are great ideas! Please keep them coming.. I'll definitely give them a try!
jkammerl
mckenic wrote:
Just had a (4 hour) session with the KFingerprints VST - Wow!
Using different Speech samples as input & sidechain OMG!!! something wonderful

Any chance it might make it into the Clouds release? (if thats even possible?)
Either way - Thank You!!!

we're not worthy

Hey, I'm glad you like it! I'm also excited what kind of sound textures it creates.

To do a little bit of cross-promotion here: I just released a VST plugin that uses audio id/fingerprinting techniques to replace an incoming audio signal with slices from a large slice pool in real-time. See here:
http://kammerl.de/audio/kfingerprints/
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184516

With some optimizations, Clouds *may* be able to run the algorithm but it has far too little memory to keep enough slices in the slice pool - so I don't think it will work. However, I'm looking forward to experimenting with the upcoming Bela Eurorack Modul which should have the performance and memory needed to port this to Eurorack.
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Does the trig input do anything? How do you clock the whole thing to have the loop, play in sync?

Currently, sync doesn't do much but this is a great idea to use sync pulses to reset the loop. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I assume the Freeze button, freezes what ever is recorded in the buffer, basically a record on/off switch?

Is the second coming out of the oher output or are they both coming out the same output?
I am thinking that having each oscillator, coming from an individual output, would provide nice stereo effects.
And if one wants that in mono, Clouds' L/R outs can be mixed into a mono mixer.

Correct, the freeze button basically turns recording on and off.
These are great ideas! Please keep them coming.. I'll definitely give them a try!

So if you decide to use the two individual outs, for the two individual voices, you could effectively free up the Density knob, so that can be done via a VCA as anything else and use the Density knob for something else.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the loop length of the 2nd waveform, or position of the recording buffer for the 2nd waveform, or add some crazy timestretch/new parameter to the whole thing, or maybe a feedback of the second voice, back into the recording buffer, or maybe make the Density knob to scrub the audio in the buffer forwards and backwards?

Just thinking out loud, sorry for the many suggestions.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:

So if you decide to use the two individual outs, for the two individual voices, you could effectively free up the Density knob, so that can be done via a VCA as anything else and use the Density knob for something else.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the loop length of the 2nd waveform, or position of the recording buffer for the 2nd waveform, or add some crazy timestretch/new parameter to the whole thing, or maybe a feedback of the second voice, back into the recording buffer, or maybe make the Density knob to scrub the audio in the buffer forwards and backwards?

Yes these are great suggestions! Another idea I'd like to implement is to always normalize the wave forms - this will make the output generally more noisy but in an interesting way, I believe.. Thanks for the feedback - I'll share a updated build with you soon!
starmandeluxe
So I did a live show in Tokyo the other day and basically used jkammerl's firmware throughout the entire thing. If you're interested in examples out in the wild, here you go...

The setup is here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/307425
jkammerl
starmandeluxe wrote:
So I did a live show in Tokyo the other day and basically used jkammerl's firmware throughout the entire thing. If you're interested in examples out in the wild, here you go...

The setup is here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/307425

Thanks for sharing.. always interesting to hear how the effects are used!
Bitmud
My device is back from the repair.
Is 0.42 still the current version?
jkammerl
Bitmud wrote:

Hey, 0.42 is the current version. I have an experimental 0.5 build that includes the WavePicker mode. Feel free to PM if you are interested in playing with it.
jkammerl
[quote="nectarios"][quote="jkammerl"][quote="nectarios"][quote="jkamme rl"]
nectarios wrote:

Great ideas. I separated the two wavetable voices to the left and right output as you suggested and replaced the density knob with a position control for the second waveform. I think this makes sense. What bothers me a little bit is that if you don't connect something to the second/right output, the density and texture knob are not doing anything.. Here's a temporary link to the current build. What do you think?
Bitmud
jkammerl wrote:
Bitmud wrote:

Hey, 0.42 is the current version. I have an experimental 0.5 build that includes the WavePicker mode. Feel free to PM if you are interested in playing with it.

Thanks! I'll like to check this out.

Here is a Sunday dub with rev. 0.42 only made with samples and Clouds (+ some delays, reverbs and dynamics).

I'm so happy that my clouds work well now with your OS.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/333437724" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

The beat, percussion, organ and piano are mixed with the beat repeat effect. The vocals, drum roll and some dubby effects are mangled with the spectral clouds effect.

Thanks for listening!
nanners
Funky40
nanners screaming goo yo nanners

to make it clear for me:
the Kammerl FW incloudes also the original modes from Olivier, yes ?
but not the changes of the Parasites ?

( i mostly want to have the first and second mode of the original ones at hand, ahh and the spectral mode)
jkammerl
Funky40 wrote:
nanners screaming goo yo nanners

to make it clear for me:
the Kammerl FW incloudes also the original modes from Olivier, yes ?
but not the changes of the Parasites ?

( i mostly want to have the first and second mode of the original ones at hand, ahh and the spectral mode)

I tried to keep the original FW as untouched as possible. However in version 0.42, I replaced the original Spectral Mode with my Spectral Clouds filter. If you'd like to keep it, you can install an older version. See the changelog here: http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/
nectarios
[quote="jkammerl"][quote="nectarios"][quote="jkammerl"][quote="nectari os"]
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Great ideas. I separated the two wavetable voices to the left and right output as you suggested and replaced the density knob with a position control for the second waveform. I think this makes sense. What bothers me a little bit is that if you don't connect something to the second/right output, the density and texture knob are not doing anything.. Here's a temporary link to the current build. What do you think?

Great, will try this out asap!
nectarios

I just moved into a new house with the missus so studio is in boxes and this is a recording through the macbook's onboard line input.

This is great though!
ignatius
^^ that's dope. good mangling fun. i need to update. still running an older kammerl firmware.
nectarios
Loadsafun

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/333614768" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
nectarios
Doh! That was not Wavepicker lol...just realised that I need the last 3 LEDs to be on for that mode grin

Proper demo incoming.

EDIT
The trig seems to do nothing, can't get the loop to start again when I send trigs to it.
nectarios
So here's wavepicker making a melody out of a drum loop.

Loving the stereo image!

gimber
nectarios wrote:

SlayerBadger!
Ypsi Kid
[quote="nectarios"]So here's wavepicker making a melody out of a drum loop.

Loving the stereo image!

Damn man, that sounds awesome. Some really nice sweet spots in there.
Bitmud
nectarios wrote:

Loving the stereo image!

super cool!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 9 of 17