MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY CS-80 imminent...(Deckard's Dream)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author DIY CS-80 imminent...(Deckard's Dream)
sduck
Anyone want to take the plunge (to create a build thread)? It'll take some doing to keep the first post up to date with links and such, if you choose to do that. I'm not sure I'm the one for the job as I've only pressed the order button at synthcube and paid the required boatload of $$$.
Laughing
It would be exceptionally nice if someone could make a doc that has the entire step by step process for uploading the ST firmware on here, with maybe pictures of buttons to press in the IDE and everything. I don't even know which IDE to use. I've uploaded via MPLAB before, but not ST, and as I remember, they outsourced the IDE to IR or someone else external.
needspeed
sduck wrote:
Anyone want to take the plunge (to create a build thread)? It'll take some doing to keep the first post up to date with links and such, if you choose to do that. I'm not sure I'm the one for the job as I've only pressed the order button at synthcube and paid the required boatload of $$$.

I would be happy to do it (build thread) but I am also waiting on my parts and PCBs but am hopeful for next week. I am no expert by any means but I am either brave or foolish enough to start building right away and see what happens. Roman did discuss a build guide/video and schematics with test points would help prevent burning too many parts Mr. Green ......Steve
sduck
Laughing wrote:
It would be exceptionally nice if someone could make a doc that has the entire step by step process for uploading the ST firmware on here, with maybe pictures of buttons to press in the IDE and everything.

Hopefully that'll appear here or elsewhere. If he provides hex files it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm assuming it'll be fairly similar to the easy way programming mutable builds - just attach an ST-Link V2, run the STlink Utility soft, load the hex, run it. Of course it's not quite as simple as that sounds, but that's the gist of it. The STlink software only runs on windows, something to be aware of, but I don't really know what's involved yet, so don't get anxious. Yet.
synthetic
What are the 17 CEMs for? Does this have CEM oscillators?
needspeed
synthetic wrote:
What are the 17 CEMs for? Does this have CEM oscillators?

Yes 2 per voice card as each voice has 2 OSCs......Steve
needspeed
Duplicate post Delete me plz.....Steve
ultravox
So far I finished payment for the main kit, the front panel & case, and received the V2164's, CEM3340's and sliders. Aside from the DC/DC converters does this kit from synthcube contain all the remaining parts (resistors, caps, etc...)? Deckard's Dream Kit

Unfortunately I travel too much to create the build thread and keep the first post up to date. However I promise to be as supportive to the project as possible. thumbs up
needspeed
ultravox wrote:
So far I finished payment for the main kit, the front panel & case, and received the V2164's, CEM3340's and sliders. Aside from the DC/DC converters does this kit from synthcube contain all the remaining parts (resistors, caps, etc...)? Deckard's Dream Kit

Unfortunately I travel too much to create the build thread and keep the first post up to date. However I promise to be as supportive to the project as possible. thumbs up

The Everything Else kit for $979 is as you described.......Steve
ultravox
needspeed wrote:

The Everything Else kit for $979 is as you described.......Steve

Thanks Steve.
synthcube
.... one clarificaton, the 'everything else' kit does not include the power brick/wall wart as each country has different requirements.

...and we've begun shipping those 'everything else' kits, so please keep an eye out for inbound deliveries.

.... some parts are still backordered, but the delivery dates are getting closer...
th.kbm1
applause
sixbyseven
sduck wrote:

Not really a forum expert, but just tell me what I have to do to get a build thread going. I actually never had this on my bucket list.... Do I need to apply to become a moderator? is it as simple as "Start new thread"? We could put the FAQ at the top. I have a couple hours each week to maintain and upload errors and omissions in the BOM, Schematic, and tech notes.
LED-man
From my experience with the 3 TTSH versions:

A forum is a forum and not a knowledge platform for sharing big project documentation.
A known issue list, BOM, external links and few pics are ok here.
I prefer a external documentation for this big project.
My DDRM diy project documentation is planned, on DSL-man.de
My website is a wiki system with a user management system,
Everybody is welcome to contact me to get write access there.
(It’s a atlassian confluence System, a professional Enterprise Wiki system)
sduck
sixbyseven wrote:
tell me what I have to do to get a build thread going. I actually never had this on my bucket list.... Do I need to apply to become a moderator? is it as simple as "Start new thread"?

Yes, that's all that's really involved. It's kind of nice to have someone do it who's willing to check in regularly and add stuff to the first post like links to BOM's, docs and so forth, but that's not technically required.
needspeed
LED-man wrote:
From my experience with the 3 TTSH versions:

A forum is a forum and not a knowledge platform for sharing big project documentation.
A known issue list, BOM, external links and few pics are ok here.
I prefer a external documentation for this big project.
My DDRM diy project documentation is planned, on DSL-man.de
My website is a wiki system with a user management system,
Everybody is welcome to contact me to get write access there.
(It’s a atlassian confluence System, a professional Enterprise Wiki system)

Fully agree with the above. I am expecting that Roman will provide all the basics and a public repository that is managed such as your wiki is essential.

Then Muffs can be a place to share and help each other in semi real-time.

Also SynthCube is shipping all of my parts and I paid within hours of the PCB kit becoming available via Black Company, so hopefully I will get shipping notice any day!!!!!......Steve
Heavy Metal Kid
Following.
Jruss993
Looks like a new BOM has been released? Any one have a link?
needspeed
Jruss993 wrote:

http://deckardsdream.com/downloads/DD-BOM-REV1.0.0.zip
Jruss993
needspeed wrote:
Jruss993 wrote:

http://deckardsdream.com/downloads/DD-BOM-REV1.0.0.zip

derp... Thanks!
needspeed
I asked Roman about his thoughts on a dedicated build thread here. I know he does not post much here anymore. I am waiting to see if he prefers to host something for us before I create it.

Roman told me he plans to have schematics by the end of this month and a very detailed build guide to the component level with photo in 2-3 weeks.....Steve
Jruss993
needspeed wrote:
I asked Roman about his thoughts on a dedicated build thread here. I know he does not post much here anymore. I am waiting to see if he prefers to host something for us before I create it.

Roman told me he plans to have schematics by the end of this month and a very detailed build guide to the component level with photo in 2-3 weeks.....Steve

Nice! Just in time for winter:). Can't think of a better time to lock myself in a dingy basement and build a synth.
cupwise
really cool that synthcube are offering the everything else kit, but i'm wondering if anyone could tell me if i could save anything significant by purchasing all of that stuff from mouser myself. obviously the synthcube kit has the benefit of not having to spend the probably insane amount of time putting all that stuff in a cart. but still.
needspeed
Ok I have bitten the bullet and created a build post..........Steve

Deckards Dream General Build Thread
cupwise
another question- will the synthcube everything else bundle include sockets for the ICs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 11 of 15