MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog DFAM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Moog DFAM
voicedrifter
I searched and found this referenced today in a couple areas but figured we could stand for a dedicated thread on it! Have at 'er gents.

thisoldmike
Sounds pretty dang good to these old ears, but also seems a little bit more expensive than I'd like. Ideally, I think I'd like to borrow one to sample with my Digitakt...

[EDIT] - After listening again, I think it'd be quite a good time with some CV here and there. Still think it's more than I'd like to spend though.
DSC
8 step sequencer is a bit of a head scratcher seriously, i just don't get it And with that hefty HP size, it makes you wonder how you really could want this. Nice to see Moog going forward, but it looks like they are going to stick with the semi-modular concept. Based on the video, you have to wonder if this was even created for us hard core eurorack people. Or more for hip female DJ artists?
2disbetter
DSC wrote:
Or more for hip female DJ artists?

I think based on the promotional videos that this is clearly a market they are targeting. I agree with you that this doesn't really make sense feature wise. There are numerous other options within eurorack that are far more appealing. Not to mention external kit.

That said, I am glad to see Moog continuing to stick around in the eurorack space.

2d
Reader-13
DSC wrote:
Based on the video, you have to wonder if this was even created for us hard core eurorack people. Or more for hip female DJ artists?

What is this "us" that you speak about? Non-hip non-artists? Speak for yourself.
...................................................................... ....
On topic:

From Moog webpage we have

PATCHBAY INPUTS: Trigger, VCA CV, Velocity, VCA Decay, External Audio, VCF Decay, Noise Level, VCO Decay, VCF Mod, VCO 1 CV, 1→2 FM Amount, VCO 2 CV, Tempo, Run/Stop, Advance/Clock.

PATCHBAY OUTPUTS: VCA, VCA EG, VCF EG, VCO EG, VCO 1, VCO 2, Trigger, Velocity, Pitch.

Looks like a nice set of patch points.
lisa
DSC wrote:
Based on the video, you have to wonder if this was even created for us hard core eurorack people. Or more for hip female DJ artists?

Yeah! And what should hardcore eurorack female artists get? confused
evs
To be honest, I can‘t stand these promo videos with artists telling how great a product is. I hope the world stops with this:-)
1n
lisa wrote:
DSC wrote:

Yeah! And what should hardcore eurorack female artists get? confused

Careful now...you'll awaken the silent majority, and they really need the sleep cool

Overall it has a load of very useful features and sounds great in the videos available so far. If I were starting out at this point, I'd be thinking a M32 plus this to get me going. As it is, the DFAM has changed my mind about the rhythm element of my small system and is likely to be my next buy, and my last for a while. (Hmm.)

I'm still holding out for a euro-able Werkstatt.

As far as promotion of retail items in a consumer economy goes...yeah, it happens d'oh!
Kent
The "Search" function reveals an existing thread. Hey, whaddaya know?!

Please use "Search"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1