MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Marbles Random Sampler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Marbles Random Sampler
anosou
xenus_dad wrote:
Listening to Mylar Melodies' interview with Olivier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZVuAXHEeQ

Had we already talked about Marbles' hidden modes? If you hold T down for 3-4 seconds on each color, you get a different rhythm generation algorithm. I didn't know this. Also, I thought hidden things were evil! smile


This I did not know. hyper
f33d
sorry if it was asked a 1000 times already:

if modulating the jitter, rate, etc. aka the whole drum-section & then freezing it with deja-vu, will all the modulation gets frozen in the modulated state? Do you know what I mean wigglerz? So it would sample the last steps appropriate to the deja vu stetting of all the modulated rhythmic variation... I didn't get this from all the skimming through the Videos/Manual.
THAT would be pretty amazing!
pichenettes
No, it doesn't record the modulations. The modulations are applied on top of the recorded loop, so that you can create voltage-controlled variations.
pzoot
Mugsy1999 wrote:
Still on order from Perfect Circuit. Anyone have info on when the next batch will go out?


The preorders seem to all refer to “June” batch. So not too much longer of a (painful) wait. I have to say, though, that manual is awesome. The waveform diagrams are so helpful and brilliantly executed. Can’t wait
Nino
For those who might be interested, i just investigated the alternate modes and tried to figure out what they do. I only listened to the t outputs.

Green alternate:
Bias still sets the propability for a trigger on T1 or T3 to occur, but the decision is no longer made between those two. Instead a trigger can occur on both or on no channel according to your settings and the dice.

Yellow alternate:
Polyrhythm machine. One channel gets multiplied, the other divided. Here is what ratios i heard going from 12 o'clock to CW (no guarantee).

T1 T3
x1 x1
/1.25 x1.25
/1.3 x1.3
x1 x1.3
/2 x2
/3 x3
/4 x4
/6 x6
/8 x8

Instant afro/poly machine around 12 o'clock. Made me empathize Olivier's "when it sounds great with just clicks..." another time.

As i did not explore the default red mode too much i wouldn't be sure what the alternate does. At first it seems to include patterns with more triggers. It also sounds a lot afro. Yummy.
guestt
Yay Easter eggs live nanners

I know Olivier will probably hate me for saying that, but whatever - it is SO GOOD to find a little surprise in there!

Really looking forward to trying these out This is fun!
MossGarden
I filmed a jam which is heavily Marbles/Stages driven. Enjoy x

pichenettes
Nino wrote:
For those who might be interested, i just investigated the alternate modes and tried to figure out what they do. I only listened to the t outputs.

Green alternate:
Bias still sets the propability for a trigger on T1 or T3 to occur, but the decision is no longer made between those two. Instead a trigger can occur on both or on no channel according to your settings and the dice.

Yellow alternate:
Polyrhythm machine. One channel gets multiplied, the other divided. Here is what ratios i heard going from 12 o'clock to CW (no guarantee).

T1 T3
x1 x1
/1.25 x1.25
/1.3 x1.3
x1 x1.3
/2 x2
/3 x3
/4 x4
/6 x6
/8 x8

Instant afro/poly machine around 12 o'clock. Made me empathize Olivier's "when it sounds great with just clicks..." another time.

As i did not explore the default red mode too much i wouldn't be sure what the alternate does. At first it seems to include patterns with more triggers. It also sounds a lot afro. Yummy.


Congrats for figuring out green and orange. Red is a variant of the coin toss (branches, normal green) mode, with a third choice in which no trigger is generated.
oliq
xenus_dad wrote:
Listening to Mylar Melodies' interview with Olivier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZVuAXHEeQ

Had we already talked about Marbles' hidden modes? If you hold T down for 3-4 seconds on each color, you get a different rhythm generation algorithm. I didn't know this. Also, I thought hidden things were evil! smile


Great spot, thanks! Those are some really cool variations on some already quite varied rhythms!
bengersfood
Nino wrote:

T1 T3
x1 x1
/1.25 x1.25
/1.3 x1.3
x1 x1.3
/2 x2
/3 x3
/4 x4
/6 x6
/8 x8


This excites me very much Rockin' Banana!
damase
pzoot wrote:
Mugsy1999 wrote:
Still on order from Perfect Circuit. Anyone have info on when the next batch will go out?


The preorders seem to all refer to “June” batch. So not too much longer of a (painful) wait. I have to say, though, that manual is awesome. The waveform diagrams are so helpful and brilliantly executed. Can’t wait

Add 4 weeks to that for production delays (info as of yesterday in the Plaits thread)
hawkfuzz
MossGarden wrote:
I filmed a jam which is heavily Marbles/Stages driven. Enjoy x



Gorgeous! Very soothing and still engaging. Great balancing.


I knew something was up when I held that button too long. Is there a slight delay changing the bias knob in the alt poly mode?
pzoot
damase wrote:
pzoot wrote:
Mugsy1999 wrote:
Still on order from Perfect Circuit. Anyone have info on when the next batch will go out?


The preorders seem to all refer to “June” batch. So not too much longer of a (painful) wait. I have to say, though, that manual is awesome. The waveform diagrams are so helpful and brilliantly executed. Can’t wait

Add 4 weeks to that for production delays (info as of yesterday in the Plaits thread)


cry
Nino
MossGarden wrote:
Is there a slight delay changing the bias knob in the alt poly mode?


It doesn't seem to change immediately. About 1/2-1 bar here.
pichenettes
It changes after a division or multiplication cycle is complete.

For example if the ratio is 1/3, it might have to wait 3 input clocks ticks (and thus 1 output clock tick) before changing.
MossGarden
hawkfuzz wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
I filmed a jam which is heavily Marbles/Stages driven. Enjoy x



Gorgeous! Very soothing and still engaging. Great balancing.


I knew something was up when I held that button too long. Is there a slight delay changing the bias knob in the alt poly mode?


Thank you, glad you enjoyed! Rockin' Banana!

Marbles was the sequencer I needed but never deserved
0netwo0netwo
with Jitter is full CCW the initial setting?

Rate (noon) is initial, and then divide CCW & multiply CW or do they start at full CCW and go from there for each of the rate modes??

and

before i forget

my last questions would be, when adjusting the gate width/randomization for the T section with the little button or the settings for the Y generator with the little button on the X section after you let go of the button what happens to your original settings for the respective settings?

and i think i figured out that only t1 and t3 are affected by the Gate settings and t2 always stays the same, please do correct me if i am wrong

thanks
pichenettes
Quote:
with Jitter is full CCW the initial setting?


That's the setting that gives a perfectly straight clock.

Quote:
Rate (noon) is initial, and then divide CCW & multiply CW


Yes.

Quote:
what happens to your original settings for the respective settings?


The knob temporarily goes into a relative knob: the corresponding setting doesn't immediately take the value of knob. But if you turn the knob CCW, the setting decreases, and if you turn the knob CW, the setting increases - until the knob and the setting are aligned.

Quote:
and t2 always stays the same


Yes, so that it can be reliably used to clock something else.
0netwo0netwo
thank you sir
insoul8
ndoe22 wrote:
Just got marbles in my rack yesterday. Really digging it so far a lot to explore. I also own grids but it has been out of my rack but i have a larger rack coming now. Do i keep both or is the t side kinda the same as grids? I know its not the same but i was only using grids for basic drum triggering then.

I will explore more once i can when my new case get here, just wanted to hear your thoughts.


I'm curious about this as well. Anyone else have both of these and found that Marbles can somewhat replace grids?
Nino
I don't have Grids, though i think the answer highly depends on what primarily you want to use Marbles for. If you just use it ony for triggering drums you probably are ok with only one of it, if you're not heading for too complicated patterns or many layers.
On the other hand you can let Grids play the drums and let Marbles sequence some oscillators and/or percussion.
Or Marbles>Grids, or Grids>Marbles nanners
anosou
insoul8 wrote:
ndoe22 wrote:
Just got marbles in my rack yesterday. Really digging it so far a lot to explore. I also own grids but it has been out of my rack but i have a larger rack coming now. Do i keep both or is the t side kinda the same as grids? I know its not the same but i was only using grids for basic drum triggering then.

I will explore more once i can when my new case get here, just wanted to hear your thoughts.


I'm curious about this as well. Anyone else have both of these and found that Marbles can somewhat replace grids?


I use both. The way Marbles is set up, it's two channels and if you make one side chaotic, the other's less chaotic. With Grids you have more control over each of the channels and they're also quite clearly adapted for kick, snare, hat. Since I tend to want to use Marbles as the gate AND melody source for voices, I still need gates for drums and modulation which is what I use Grids for.
deformative
Has anyone used both Marbles and Sapel? I'm curious how different they are in how you ended up using them.
ookrsia
pichenettes wrote:
ookrsia wrote:
How does Marbles react to irregular external clocks for example if you send in random bursts of triggers?


Which input? T or X?

What would you suspect the module is doing or not doing?


I'm talking about the external clock input T section. The manual doesn't really say that much about it.

These kinds of inputs are usually designed for stable clocks, and usually require like three or more triggers to calculate the tempo.

So what happens with the T outputs if you send in a burst of like 15 triggers? (Let's forget the "irregular" part for now.)

Could Marbles be used to convert(using the clock signal manipulations of the T side of the module) a burst into three different kind of versions using the T outs?

Thanks
_lampshade_
How is Marbles as a quantizer? I've watched videos of sampling scales or pitch cv and then quantizing/ randomizing it, or using the sample cv as a scale to quantize internal randomizations. but what about not sampling but realtime quantization / randomization of external pitch?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Page 17 of 28
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group