2019-03-17: No more orders are accepted at this point. Nine builders have signed up. Now the material is going to be ordered and shipped to the builders.
2019-10-24: I am now accepting orders. If you are interested in this project, please first familiarize yourself with the documents shown below (Assembly Guide, BOM, Bundle Request Form), then fill out the Bundle Request Form and send it to my email address. You can find my email address at vocoder.hoerold.com near the end of the web page.
Note: the bundle I am offering is not the whole kit. You will still have to order parts from your trusted distributor. There are three Mouser projects available:
- 18-channel stereo vocoder (excl. supply). This is the vocoder BOM, excluding the components needed for the power supply.
- Vocoder DC/DC supply. This covers components available at Mouser for the DC/DC converter based power supply.
- Vocoder LDO supply. This covers components available at Mouser for the alternative LDO based power supply.
Once the list is full, I will accept payments. After all payments are made, I will order the parts and PCBs as requested per the Bundle Request Forms sent to me.
2018-10-24: Assembly guide
Find the assembly and tuning guide here.
2018-09-27: Initial pricing info
For a good pricing indicator (final prices for panels pending), see the bundle request form.
2018-08-16: BOM now available
Alright, there are now two documents available:
- 1) A PDF that contains the complete assembly tables and the BOM.
2) An Excel spreadsheet that I've built up over the last couple of years and that I've just updated with the latest component cost.
Feature comparison chart:
2018-07-30: Original post
What do think about this 18-channel analog stereo vocoder?
I've been working on this project over the last couple of years but now it's time to check the community's interest. Over time, I hope we get to know each other better on this thread.