MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order
xenus_dad
BaloErets wrote:

I would suggest reading up on the Mannequin's site Just Friends page the "word of warning" link. It's my understanding that as along as you plug into JF Run input 1st, and then patch to the other module output, then there is no problem (I've read many that always leave a patch in the Run when not in use as a reminder). Again, I advise you to read on that yourself because I won't be the guy that gave you the wrong advice, but pointed you to the manufacturer's suggestions thumbs up

EDIT; here's the link; https://www.whimsicalraps.com/pages/run-a-word-of-warning

Yep! Fully aware of the problem, and trying to diagnose if I have it. Was curious if I could safely see the negative voltage with the Mordax.

I will probably just test with a multimeter to start.

Thanks!
clader
Ordered this on backorder from Perfect Circuit a few months ago, but so far no stock.

Does anyone know if there's a new batch in the works at all, or are these not even being manufactured any more?
lisa
If you are ok with paying 30% more you can get in from Moog: https://www.moogaudio.com/en/mordax-data-eta-march-2017
Leverkusen
I think it's the same price - just in canadian dollars. Shipping costs might be a little more.
lisa
Ah! Felt like a Moog thing. thumbs up
digitalohm
has anyone tested, or run into issues with the clock divider mode?

I am trying to send an external clock from the XOR Nerdseq into the Mordax Data and it does not register at all.

I measured a voltage output of 4.74 from the clock output of the nerdseq vs. 5.67 coming out of the Ultra Random Clock out which the Mordax does read as an external clock

I boosted the clock signal with a vca to about 5.23 (hard for me to dial this in exactly...using shaft knobs on the vca) and seems to do the trick.

Per XOR:
Check the Doepfer Eurorack Specs for Clock / Trigger voltages.
Beyond 3 Volt should be treated as 'High' and below 1 Volt should be treated as 'Low'. Between is undefined and can be different with every module.

http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100t_e.htm
BaloErets
digitalohm wrote:

I am trying to send an external clock from the XOR Nerdseq into the Mordax Data and it does not register at all.

I measured a voltage output of 4.74 from the clock output of the nerdseq vs. 5.67 coming out of the Ultra Random Clock out which the Mordax does read as an external clock

I boosted the clock signal with a vca to about 5.23 (hard for me to dial this in exactly...davies FML) and seems to do the trick.

Per XOR:
Beyond 3 Volt should be treated as 'High' and below 1 Volt should be treated as 'Low'. Between is undefined and can be different with every module.

This would more be an issue w/ the Nerdseq rather than the Data. Mordax is expecting a 0-5v clock as per the manual, which seems to be the standard in Eurorack (despite the total lack of standards hihi )
digitalohm
BaloErets wrote:

This would more be an issue w/ the Nerdseq rather than the Data. Mordax is expecting a 0-5v clock as per the manual, which seems to be the standard in Eurorack (despite the total lack of standards hihi )

even with the Doepfer Eurorack Specs for Clock / Trigger voltages, stating something different?

Beyond 3 Volt should be treated as 'High' and below 1 Volt should be treated as 'Low'. Between is undefined and can be different with every module

firestARTer
BaloErets wrote:
digitalohm wrote:

I boosted the clock signal with a vca to about 5.23 (hard for me to dial this in exactly...davies FML) and seems to do the trick.

Per XOR:

I would say the doepfer manual is a common reference. Also handling a threshold for digital inputs is essential as one can never guarantee exact 5 Volts, cause of component tolerances or cable lengths for example.

So accepting only 0 and 5 Volts asks for problems. I guess it should be simple to update this in the firmware.
digitalohm
any update on whether or not the clock input voltage issue can be fixed via a firmware update?
Cata
These guys have been missing for a while now. Any word on new shipments?
noisewreck
Cata wrote:
These guys have been missing for a while now. Any word on new shipments?

Their site states:
"*** NEXT BATCH WILL BE READY FALL 2018 ***"

We're already in fall... so maybe by end of November? seriously, i just don't get it
Utopian
From twitter:
More DATAs are in the works! Visited the factory in Hillsboro yesterday; they’re running about 3 weeks behind schedule on the soldering, but the boards are looking good. We’re expecting to start shipping this batch out next month.
https://twitter.com/mordaxsystems/status/1042170727586099200
Cata
Utopian wrote:
From twitter:
More DATAs are in the works! Visited the factory in Hillsboro yesterday; they’re running about 3 weeks behind schedule on the soldering, but the boards are looking good. We’re expecting to start shipping this batch out next month.
https://twitter.com/mordaxsystems/status/1042170727586099200

Ah OK, awesome

Guess I'll keep savin my pennies then since I really want one of these guys
liquidsn
Any news yet? New to the game, and DATA would be good to start the learning.
bfessler
liquidsn wrote:
Any news yet? New to the game, and DATA would be good to start the learning.

Very very soon! hyper
gian77
bfessler wrote:
Very very soon! hyper

Hi,
Is it better to order directly from the Mordax website or from any shop in Europe (actually i'm living in France) ?
If from UE, which one should get stock back first ? wink
Thanks
bfessler
gian77 wrote:
bfessler wrote:
Very very soon! hyper

Hi,
Is it better to order directly from the Mordax website or from any shop in Europe (actually i'm living in France) ?
If from UE, which one should get stock back first ? wink
Thanks

We'll be shipping out the first vendor batches concurrently with opening up orders on the Mordax website, so it should be fairly similar timing either way you go. thumbs up
batch
Love my Mordax, had it a long time.

Only request is that it would be amazing if you could get a firmware update with a setting to load last state.

Something as simple as “load preset 1/ oscilloscope”

Appreciate it’s a small thing, but would be nice
bc3
Armstrb wrote:

Only request is that it would be amazing if you could get a firmware update with a setting to load last state.

Yes, this would be nice if possible cool
mutate
bc3 wrote:
Armstrb wrote:

Yes, this would be nice if possible cool

Yes please and better metering. I need Levels, VU/peak and volt meter like in O'Tool!!!!!
soon_come
BaloErets wrote:
dysonant wrote:
Not sure if MORDAX is still keeping up on this thread, but I have a minor feature request. Would you be able to lighten up the RED trace a bit? Just add a but more white to it so it has more contrast with the screen? It feels very dark in comparison with the rest of the colors. Or maybe have a high contrast mode?

+1 for that. I now have grown accustomed to using Channel 1, then 3, then 4 and finally Channel 2 if I need a 4th channel because it's hard to read, particularly when compared to the brightness of the other channels.

I thought I was the only one! Yes, please please please fix this, even if it makes the red look a lil more pinkish. It's barely visible next to the other signals.
jwise
Calling Mr Fessler...hello Mr Fessler, you are being summoned for an update on the status of the next firmware update? Your adoring fans are looking for news.

hyper hyper hyper
circuitbent
Heads up. Just noticed that these are available to order again, directly from the source at mordax.net as of today!
I checked a few other retailers, and they don't seem to have any stock yet.
sempervirent
The post at mordax.net about their new panel manufacturing process is worth a read. Very detailed with some nice photos of the assembly. Black panels are available now too. Nice work, Mordax.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 30 of 32