MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers Disting Mk4
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 66, 67, 68  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers Disting Mk4
phutureboy
os wrote:
@phutureboy Have a look at the FH-2!

Thanks and it's cool if the FH-2 has it but would it be possible to also implement internal clock in the Disting's Dual Euclidean Patterns mode ?

(by the way, please note the FH-2 is absent here : http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/hardware.html)
os
It's possible - I'll add it to the suggestion list.
phutureboy
thanks !
gimber
Can anyone confirm that the parameters for C3 delay algorithm are working properly? I can only seem to access parameter 0, not the other two. The other algos all appear to be working as expected.

EDIT - USER ERROR - I was trying to select parameters by pressing Z, but I missed the part of the manual that says algorithms with tap tempo behave differently, and the S knob needs to be press-turned.
JoeFuture
Which firmware? They work fine on mine.
gimber
JoeFuture wrote:
Which firmware? They work fine on mine.

My error. Thanks for the response.
os
Just dropped v4.8.

RichyHo
os wrote:
Just dropped v4.8

w00t Quantizer 2 looks really useful. Thanks.
JakoGreyshire
woah woah love love woah woah
applause applause applause applause applause applause applause

Wow! good work Os!
Seaweed Sound
Yeah this is killer
mckenic
Indeed! Many thanks for your work!
nedrush
@os

Thought I’d move our YouTube conversation to here.

With the select bus or midi breakout, is it or could it be possible to run separate midi modes from one breakout? Example, one midi mode doing note and gate, one midi mode doing clock, one doing cc, all from one midi input?

Hope this makes sense.
os
Yes. Each disting processes the incoming MIDI independently.
nedrush
How do I daisy chain them together?
os
Refer to the pin-out in the user manual, and use jump wires to connect outputs to inputs.
Shledge
Makes me want to get the MIDI breakout module now.

Can this be done for the MIDI/CV mode?
os
What do you mean by 'this' specifically?
Shledge
Apologies, got a bit ahead of myself.

Polychaining, as seen with your polyphonic sample video.
os
No, but it would be possible to add. So you want to use multiple distings for polyphonic MIDI/CV conversion?

An FH-2 would be cheaper and take up less space.
Shledge
Handy for people who already have multiple mk4s, I reckon.
bemushroomed
Really nice update.

There are so many great algoritms now, to be able to internally patch them up (like on those Roland modules where you can build a modular "inside the module") would be a nice thing to have for Mk5 hihi
sasbom
Noooo that would defeat the whole point of the disting >:[
I don't like those roland modules either, they're just too "shortcut-y"

Does anyone know if it'd be possible to turn a trigger into a gate with one of the algo's?
bemushroomed
sasbom wrote:
Noooo that would defeat the whole point of the disting >:

I don't agree at all. Everyone has a phone or a computer handy anyways, just means a bigger (and optional) interface. Once its set up it could perhaps be saved as internal presets that you could just browse to like normal (i am NOT a fan of fiddling with apps if i have to do it constantly, but yes i can do it once or twice to set something up.. I did it on Pam's New Workout on its annoyingly small display and i'll most likely never touch it again now after i'm happy with it + i have some saved presets too).

No idea what you mean with "shortcuty" or why it would be bad.

Of course i have no idea if this is doable in a 4HP module or what kind of power requirement it would mean (the requirement on the Rolands is immense), or even if Os is interested in anything like that. Just a personal thing i'd love to see in a module (doesnt need to be Disting, though its obviously the first that springs to mind since it has so many nice algos + ES are the experts at this.)

A phone (/ipad etc) is also very cost effective in comparison to including a gigantic display (not even possible on a small module) for advanced tweaking, e.g setting up several virtual modules.

I would be surprised to not see something similar from ES in the future actually.
Shledge
I'd rather not have internal patching.
os
sasbom wrote:
Does anyone know if it'd be possible to turn a trigger into a gate with one of the algo's?

How would that work? Trigger to go high then trigger again to go low?

Or do you just mean generate a longer trigger from a trigger?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 66, 67, 68  Next [all]
Page 48 of 68