MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
boboter
A small feature request:

In FH-1 expander mode: Would it be possible to select which expander number the FH-1 is instead of having it always on the first position?

At the moment, I have the FH-2 plus FHX-1 expander in one case, and the FH-1 in another. And it makes the mappings a bit unintuitive to have the FH-1 not set as the second expander in that scenario.

It's just a minor thing and probably not important to most users, but I still wanted to ask.

Thanks.
-S.L-
hi,

after hours and hours of searching on my system, reading the full topic here too, I just can't make the FHX-8GT expander works using Ableton.

it is well connected to the FH-2 via the cable, on the expansion IN connector, red stripe down, just like the power connector.

I managed to make 4 mono channels tha works well as the screenshot indicates.

Now what's next, let's say I want just a gate coming from Midi Channel 5 in Ableton (which of course I would make a gate signal there), coming out on output 1 from the FHX-8GT. What's the trick ? I tried numerous random moves, with no luck using the Base Output on 1/1, Base Gate on -- or random numbers (the manual mention is it for the use of the expander) seriously, i just don't get it

One thing that worries me is that when i do a TEST FHX-8GT form the Misc menu, nothing lights up on the expander (maybe nothing is supposed to lights up?), when I swith ON my system, I got all the light flashing red 5 times (it takes some times)

Help cry
-S.L-
Bump, how do I make my FHX-8GT works please ? seriously, i just don't get it
ManjaroMB
Is anyone using the ipad for config tool, downloaded chrome on ipad, tried saving a page as instructed on PC/Mac, but no option, microphone icon only where MIDI is and don't get any pop-ups about MIDI in browser.
-S.L-
bump, as I still looking for some help here to make my expander to work FHX-8GT waah

I just can't make it work at all, no matter what are the settings I put in the web app. To a point where I wondr if it actually works at all.

Does someone who own the FH2 with the FHX-8GT give me a hint on how to set it up, or even better, what happening when I do the TEST FHX-8GT form the Misc menu ? What am I supposed to see ? seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it
jonkers303
How does FH-2 handling overlapping midi notes?

I want to send it acid patterns from max4live sting, but it should slide when notes overlap for that acid flavour.
germinal
Is anyone else trying to get an FH-2 and Maths working together?

The thread here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2909143#2909143

has some partial solutions, but there are some downsides:

Setting my gate levels to Low 0, High 2500 makes the regular trigger clean, but it makes the signal useless for a slew/sustain based envelope in Maths, since it won't go above 2V. That means I have to reconfigure the FH-2 to switch from an AD to an ASR envelope, and I lose a huge part of Maths patch-programmability waah

I'm wondering if anyone else has made progress with this - I don't have an oscilloscope, so I'm kind of very frustrating
Seaweed Sound
It's frustrating that the FH-2 doesn't cleanly trigger Maths.

I too have been wanting to leave my gates at a higher normal output level of +5v or +10v to keep the gates generic instead of Maths specific.

One other solution is to feed a high DC offset into a momentary switch and trigger the switch with the FH-2 in order to obtain a more clean gate.. of course this ties up additional hardware. If you don't have a switch, a logic AND gate or comparator should work as well.

I'm curious if the new FHX-8GT gate expander behaves the same way.
-S.L-
ok i'm really serious now guys, if Os drops by, please give me an answer

I CAN NOT MAKE THE FHX-8GT EXPANDER TO WORK AT ALL.

How the hell do you send some signal to that gear ??? Impossible to get any gate coming out of this machine ???

PLEASE we're not worthy
mdoudoroff
Seaweed Sound: as my system has grown and diversified, I’ve run into more trigger incompatibilities here and there. A buffered multiple usually solves the problem.

-S.L-: sorry you’re having trouble with this and not getting attention; usually os is pretty responsive; you might try the Expert Sleepers forum:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35
PopGoblin
-S.L- wrote:

I CAN NOT MAKE THE FHX-8GT EXPANDER TO WORK AT ALL.

It took me a bit to get gate's out too (combined a FHX-8GT with a FHX1 to get 4 cv/gates and 2 cv/gate/vel outs).

I used the web-based configurator - and the numbering there seemed a bit funny (in my mind). I'm not in my studio right now, so can't help more - but are you trying to configure the 8GT through the FH?
-S.L-
Hello PopGoblin,

After few back ad forths with Os, we ended up to the conclusion that my expander were not the issue but my FH-2 was. Or at least this is what it looks like, so all modules goes back home at Zzz then we will know more if I had a faulty module.
Trigonometrie.
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I didn’t find anything.. I was wondering on the status of doing sequences with the fh-2, maybe os or some of you already having an fh-2 could comment on that.
I know from the manual that it’s possible to add notes to an arp and build up sort of a sequence like that, is there a limit to how many notes you can build like that? Also are the add and remove note commands only working if I repress the keys in the order I played them or could I just press delete somehow and go back sequentially? Is it only possible to send those commands via cc messages or also set them via the Encoder?
Just thinking of replacing my yarns with it since the FH-2 seems to have most of the features I’m using on it plus the extra clock inputs Olivier said would not really be possible on the yarns due to the chip being almost maxed out.. but the sequencer would be kind of important to me
Thanks!
reekster
I struggled a bit getting an Fh-1 and two Fhx1’s configured properly but just a little trial and error, trying new configs and keeping the old ones until I got it all right/ I love the connectivity it gives me between Cubase and my Eurorack. I even swapped out the ribbon cable that connects the modules to each other for a longer one so I have the second expander in another rack.
bunq
Hello,
Is it possible that FH2 receive external cv clock from X input, so it can synchronize Reaktor or Ableton to that clock?

When I send clock to X input, the led flashes, but the tempo doesn't sync.. hmmm.....

Thanks!
kamindustries
I'm having a hard time getting portamento to work. I've got a good grip on how the config tool works and have been able to work with the arpeggiator and other features just fine. I'm just trying to get portamento on output 1 using MIDI channel 1, CC #55.

I know the old config tool had portamento as part of the main output table, but now it's part of the envelopes section.

Does anyone have portamento working/not working? Is there something obvious I'm missing?
Quru
I got mine yesterday and hooked it up to my Digitakt. I found the web UI and the terminology quite confusing, but after a frustrating couple of hours of RTFM, trial and error and numerous resets I got it running the way I wanted. It's great pairing with Digitakt as I was sequencing drums and other samples with it anyway and now I can do all my sequencing from this one box and use it as my master clock instead of Reaper. Just great!
manglepup
kamindustries wrote:
I'm having a hard time getting portamento to work. I've got a good grip on how the config tool works and have been able to work with the arpeggiator and other features just fine. I'm just trying to get portamento on output 1 using MIDI channel 1, CC #55.

I know the old config tool had portamento as part of the main output table, but now it's part of the envelopes section.

Does anyone have portamento working/not working? Is there something obvious I'm missing?

It seems to work for me, but only when I play notes legato (having a bit of overlap between key presses). It sounds pretty good. I have also tried using the Smoothing on the CV output to kind of slew it, but haven't had great results yet. I like the smoothing better for one of my LFO outs (random)
lloydb
Hi there,

Just wondering if there's any plans for using the FH-2 for CV to MIDI conversion via the 2 CV inputs?

I posted a while ago asking about this and was told it could be coming in a firmware update. Have there been any developments?
Funky40
Quru wrote:
I got mine yesterday and hooked it up to my Digitakt. I found the web UI and the terminology quite confusing, but after a frustrating couple of hours of RTFM, trial and error and numerous resets I got it running the way I wanted. It's great pairing with Digitakt as I was sequencing drums and other samples with it anyway and now I can do all my sequencing from this one box and use it as my master clock instead of Reaper. Just great!

ok, a Request then:
could you please post a screenshot of your "Config Tool" settings,
and a short description in plain text what the 8 outs of the FH-2 are sending out ?

this would help me ALOTS to get an understanding of how to configure the "config tool".

would be VERY appreciated if you could take the Time "Quru" !
everybody else who has configurations that work: your welcome to post yours too wink
-S.L-
-S.L- wrote:
Hello PopGoblin,

After few back ad forths with Os, we ended up to the conclusion that my expander were not the issue but my FH-2 was. Or at least this is what it looks like, so all modules goes back home at Zzz then we will know more if I had a faulty module.

Modules are back from Os/Expert Sleepers and now fully working !

Many thanks to Os for the support, time and help applause Guinness ftw!
hewed
@-S.L- - I have got my FH-2, awaiting my FHX-8GT expander. Would you mind screenshotting your config page so I can skip some manual reading and set up the modules a little low effortly?
-S.L-
I can do that but it also depends on your configuration as well.
But right now I have no access to my computer for 4 days anyway
hewed
Happy to wait, as I'll likely not see the expander for 2 weeks. Appreciate your setup =/= mine, but it gives me more to work from than I've found so far.

Thanks muchly
izmond
Does the FH2 work with the OP-Z? Really want to try it out as a sequencer for the modular.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 11 of 17