MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Joranalogue TRANSMIT 2 - Stereo Balanced XLR Line Outputs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Joranalogue TRANSMIT 2 - Stereo Balanced XLR Line Outputs
joranalogue
A balancing act

Whether it's in the studio or on a live stage, keeping audio interconnections free from unwanted hum and interference can be a challenge. Balanced lines are the proven solution to this problem.

Conventional balanced output solutions often rely on transformers providing galvanic isolation to mitigate the effects of ground loops. Unfortunately, these components are bulky, expensive and colour the sound (often unfavourably, especially in the low end).

Instead, Transmit 2 (or TX2 for short) takes a fully solid-state approach. Offering a stereo pair of XLR balanced outputs, it ensures that the sonic clarity of your carefully planned modular system is not lost in its interface to the outside world.

Engineered to provide massive headroom while retaining extremely low noise and distortion, Transmit 2's circuitry incorporates low-impedance design practices, radio-frequency (RF) filtering and premium balanced drivers to provide transformer-like interconnect performance in a compact and affordable module. And thanks to the electrostatic (ESD) and phantom power discharge protection, it’s rugged enough to survive the rigours of performing on the road.

Adjusting the main output level is a breeze thanks to the dual peak-responding LED meters. A high-end headphone amplifier is included as well, controlled by a separate level knob. It can deliver the voltage and current required to power practically any headphones, regardless of the impedance or driver technology. This 3.5 mm stereo socket can function as an auxiliary stereo line output or even drive small passive speakers, making Transmit 2 an all-round flexible answer to all your output needs.

Available now!

More info: https://joranalogue.com/transmit-2
ModularGrid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/joranalogue-audio-design-transmit-2

Pricing: €195 / £170 / $195 (MSRP)
6 HP, 45 mm deep
Agawell
shouldn't it be 6hp?

looks like it and that's what's on modulargrid

happy new year!!
joranalogue
Agawell wrote:
shouldn't it be 6hp?

looks like it and that's what's on modulargrid

happy new year!!

Yes, thanks for catching that typo! d'oh!
Multi Grooves
Love the VU metering- impressive use of the svelt space. Not so keen on non indented volume controls.
joranalogue
Multi Grooves wrote:
Love the VU metering- impressive use of the svelt space. Not so keen on non indented volume controls.

Thanks! With indented volume controls, do you mean stepped attenuators?
Multi Grooves
Oops, I hadn't looked closely enough to see one of the knobs was for headphones. Matching two smooth volume pots visually - if going to record- isn't great. But that doesn't matter here. But killer visuals in the footprint, man!
diode_destroyer
What will the output voltage be? Say 10 Vpp in, main knob fully CW, can you get a 10Vpp signal out?
joranalogue
Multi Grooves wrote:
Oops, I hadn't looked closely enough to see one of the knobs was for headphones. Matching two smooth volume pots visually - if going to record- isn't great. But that doesn't matter here. But killer visuals in the footprint, man!

Ah, that makes sense. Nice to hear you like it!

diode_destroyer wrote:
What will the output voltage be? Say 10 Vpp in, main knob fully CW, can you get a 10Vpp signal out?

Yes, fully clockwise is +6 dB on the XLR outputs (balanced so 10 Vpp on both hot and cold), unity gain on the headphones. The main level knob will typically be set near the centre to get standard +4 dBu out.
youkon
I will get this for sure, sounds great all in all!
but I can't imagine that the headphone amp will drive my hd800s hot enough, they need a lot of amplification (really a lot)

btw how I stubled over this thread: I am rearranging my whole system atm
(9 x 1 meter) and decided to put my new aquired Add2 as end of chain of my whooooooole modular!!;-)
Reason: I must sum two complete big stereo subgroups of my whole system before they go into my output module. Add1 for Left and Add2 for right.
I trust your work! thumbs up

to come back to Transmit2: the specs sound like heaven and exactly how I'd like to have an output module!
will have one in the future for sure

(could still need a tiny tiny 3,5" stereo out jack for quick recording here;-))
joranalogue
youkon wrote:
I will get this for sure, sounds great all in all!
but I can't imagine that the headphone amp will drive my hd800s hot enough, they need a lot of amplification (really a lot)

btw how I stubled over this thread: I am rearranging my whole system atm
(9 x 1 meter) and decided to put my new aquired Add2 as end of chain of my whooooooole modular!!;-)
Reason: I must sum two complete big stereo subgroups of my whole system before they go into my output module. Add1 for Left and Add2 for right.
I trust your work! thumbs up

to come back to Transmit2: the specs sound like heaven and exactly how I'd like to have an output module!
will have one in the future for sure

(could still need a tiny tiny 3,5" stereo out jack for quick recording here;-))

The HD800 has a 300 ohms rated impedance and 102 dB/V sensitivity. This means it requires relatively high voltage, rather than current, to be driven at volume. No problem for TX2, but many other devices (especially mobile) will struggle, as you probably already noticed.

Don't forget the headphone out can be used as a regular stereo line out as well! smile
joranalogue
Hi all,

Here's the suggested retail pricing for Transmit 2 (and Receive 2 as well): €195 / £170 / $195.

Shipping to dealers worldwide late this month/early April. Most dealers will be offering pre-orders; if you can't find the modules on your favourite dealer's website yet, feel free to contact them.

Although this is a very straightforward module, there is a user manual containing some more details. It's now been added to the product page for your reading enjoyment: https://joranalogue.com/transmit-2/
joranalogue
Transmit 2 is here—shipments are going out to dealers all week! It's peanut butter jelly time!

If it's not listed on their website yet, feel free to contact your dealer of choice for details on availability.
Hyboid
Is the headphone output parallel or after the main out? E.g. can I solo a signal via headphone out with the main out turned down all the way?
joranalogue
Hyboid wrote:
Is the headphone output parallel or after the main out? E.g. can I solo a signal via headphone out with the main out turned down all the way?

Yes, the headphone amplifier is completely separate from the main outputs.
Hyboid
joranalogue wrote:
Hyboid wrote:

Yes, the headphone amplifier is completely separate from the main outputs.

Thanks for your quick reply! That sounds pretty useful. I will take a look at it here at Schneider's.
joranalogue
Here's Divkid's quick look at the Receive 2 and Transmit 2 I/O modules, showing you how they can ease interfacing your Eurorack with the outside world (and some of the birds that inhabit it!)

cackland
Very nice... tempted by these.
monads
Mine recently arrived and it's perfect!! Thank you Joranalogue!!
This will not replace my ADDAC800X though. Different modules/designs.
joranalogue
Check out Little Modular's video review of Transmit 2 and Receive 2!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1