MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Klavis - Mixwitch - Mixer & CV/Clock controlled Switcher
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Klavis - Mixwitch - Mixer & CV/Clock controlled Switcher
Vibe010
Just ordered one, i love the density of functions, and the well thought design! The new ones demo’d at superbooth are supercool also! The logica xt and the quadigi and the caltrans will find their way in my system as well!
lisa
So I love this module. Mixer, switcher, sub-octave generator/oscillator etc, cheap and still oozing of quality. love

I have one gripe though. The mutes are "click-less" which is great, but why isn't the switching "click-less" too?
Zentek
lisa wrote:
So I love this module. Mixer, switcher, sub-octave generator/oscillator etc, cheap and still oozing of quality. love

I have one gripe though. The mutes are "click-less" which is great, but why isn't the switching "click-less" too?

Thanks a lot for the nice words. thumbs up
The click between channels depends on the precise time when you cut through one wave and allow another one. Imagine you cut at the top of a sine wave and the next channel is currently silent, you will nevertheless get a strong edge, which is a click you will hear.
Switching from channel to channel is clickless by itself. In other words, it doesn't create a click when the instant voltage is the same between the switched channels.
Not sure it's all clear :-)
lisa
Yes, I kind of know why clicks occur when switching from one sound source to another. This can be avoided by adding a short crossfade between the two channels when switching, right? That would have been great. Miley Cyrus

When muting and unmuting these types of clicks do not appear so I thought you already implemented some kind of crossfade, but perhaps I'm being stupid? hmmm.....
Zentek
lisa wrote:
Yes, I kind of know why clicks occur when switching from one sound source to another. This can be avoided by adding a short crossfade between the two channels when switching, right? That would have been great. Miley Cyrus

You're right; crossfade requires a VCA on each channel; here we have analog switching.
lisa
Zentek wrote:
crossfade requires a VCA on each channel; here we have analog switching.

Ah, got it! Well well, there are many workarounds that take care of the issue so it’s all good in the neighbourhood.
Seaweed Sound
Really well thought out design.. def on my radar
gl1tchp-udding
Can someone please explain the Drum randomizer/selector feature? I read the manual and I can't quite figure out what it means.
Zentek
gl1tchp-udding wrote:
Can someone please explain the Drum randomizer/selector feature? I read the manual and I can't quite figure out what it means.

I should admit that the explanation is definitely short on details. confused Sorry.
Here is a drawing of the setup evoked.
This should help. cool

For those who don't have it at hand, here is the text from the manual:
Quote:
Drum randomizer/selector
This works in combination with some rhythm pattern generator. Using a single VCA and envelope generator allows creating a set of 4 different sounding drums.
The selector is put in clocked random mode and fed with the gate/trigg signal that comes with each step.

A variation of the above is to create up to 4 drum sounds from a single track on a sequencer.
We talk about a sequencer where besides a CV setting, you can enable/disable the gate for each step.

The track's CV is dedicated to select which sound will be produced for a given step.
The Mixwitch' selector is set to CV control.

It's up to you to assign from 2 to 4 sounds since you define the voltage that will be issued at each sequencer step to select a given Mixwitch input.
When using only two sound sources, you can set the selector to two-channel-CV mode (CV-B), freeing up the first mixer section (A) for other uses.

Enjoy,

Eric
matttech
Nice patch idea thumbs up
defalut
Ordered a MixWitch yesterday, i need another mixer and it has a lot of extra functionality which will be good to have. cool
droningspaghettimonster
clever designs... so many insanely good designs coming out lately. how does mixwitch handle boosting CV levels? Can 2.5V be boosted to 5?
lisa
From the manual:

Quote:
Each potentiometer controls the gain from zero to max. At maximum setting, the signal is amplified slightly above x2.
droningspaghettimonster
thank you lisa. hyper
nrg242
just wanted to chime in and add that Klavis' support is stellar. My module had some issues (possibly right out of the box, but couldn't return to dealer, not really sure), and they had me ship the module back to them. Package got stuck in customs for a bit, so they just sent me out a new module via overnight.

now that its up and running, so glad i got one of these.
williamjturkel
Super useful for feedback loops! I only had one for a couple of days before buying another.
nomass
Will Mixwitch switch between to stereo sources? R = channel A, L = B. It appears that you cannot switch from A1 & B1 to A2 & B2. Am I thinking about this wrong?
mdoudoroff
nomass wrote:
Will Mixwitch switch between to stereo sources? R = channel A, L = B. It appears that you cannot switch from A1 & B1 to A2 & B2. Am I thinking about this wrong?

I don’t think you can do what you describe. You’re missing a switching mode where A and B are each 2-channel switches.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2