MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Pico System III
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Erica Synths Pico System III
Capt. Morgan
Capt. Morgan wrote:
So I just got mine... and something is strange... my lfo on the sine out of the mod section sounds like a pulse and not an lfo... also things sound kind of dirty and distorted no matter how I patch and twiddle the knobs... help?

Also I do want to point out this is my very first step into eurorack so i very well could be just ignorant... but I feel like if I patch from some directly to the mixer I should be getting a sweeping sine wave....
red

An LFO (LOW Frequency Oscillator) is not audible. So if you patched the red version, you will hearing nothing (maybe some clicks).

The green patch is a typical use of a LFO: the sine will control the frequency of the oscillator VCO1 (the LFO produces a control voltage). Then you should hear a sweeping signal out of the VCO1 (TRI = triangle wave form).
red
n e w t o y

... first patch - sounds big!

cool
matttech
Sweet. Mine arrive Friday... Looking forward to checking them out in the flesh screaming goo yo
red
[ a short review ]

The Pico System III is a real toy!

As big fan of Erica Synths I could not resist to buy this little system - even with a very large system that I'm already using.

The Pico System III is of high quality (case, design, package, ....) - not self-evident in this price range (400 Euro for the module, 450 Euro for the stand alone).

Some first patches result in unique and special sounds. With two oscillators, two envelope generators (with loops), two LPG, a simple sequencer and a BBD delay and three mixers you have plenty of modules and possibilities to create weird music (maybe also lovely melodies...).

The sound out of the box is very unique, sometimes rough or even a bit harsh - with all limitations it's an inspiring little tool to experiment with - it's like a basic LEGO set, you can build everything - with some simple parts.

Compared with Make Noise 0-Coast or Moog Mother-32 (I had played both) - I would say that The Pico System III is way more a real toy - in the sense of exploring sounds paired with randomness and fun. It's the right tool to get a break from the big system approach.

And there are these little cards. You will be able to store your exciting sounds by soldering the complete patch. Not tried it - but there are some "factory presets" included.

It's a good feeling to be a child and have fun with a new toy - what need I more...

vive dada!

cool
Flounderguts
I got mine yesterday. Played with it in my lap for hours...never thought I could have so much fun with only 4 steps. Or 2! The BBD is definitely a funky module, and in a way this setup has very counterintuitive (for me) module choices.

It's opening up my world. I'm going to mix it up with my Anookum and a dronebox tonight...

Flounderguts
blakflag
I did a quick shopping comparison and putting together the 13 Erica Pico modules that are closest to what is included here, runs about $1240 (some on sale, even). And that doesn't include power supply or the card reader. Of course there's the downside that these modules can't be separated.

But it does seem like a great way to fill out the "bread and butter" for a new rack and to learn about the basics.
Flounderguts
I never would have laid a modular out like this. It's making me think in new ways. Great machine...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2