Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am

firestARTer wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:
firestARTer wrote: - Added PR
what is PR?
Did someone figured out yet what it is?
Without owning a NerdSeq (yet), my guess is Pendulum Ratchet which is a Buchla Format module that combined time divisions and ratchets, so you are providing additional ratchets that have more time divisions.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 am

deltaphoenix wrote:
firestARTer wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:
what is PR?
Without owning a NerdSeq (yet), my guess is Pendulum Ratchet which is a Buchla Format module that combined time divisions and ratchets, so you are providing additional ratchets that have more time divisions.
Haha, that's a good one...but not correct :cloud:
NerdSEQ - one of the most advanced Eurorack Sequencers
https://www.xor-electronics.com

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Post by skylab001 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 am

firestARTer wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:
what is PR?
Not yet, I’ve seen it in the menu but have no clue what it does. Curious though.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:07 am

support for Puerto Rico in these troubled times?

Plump Ruckus? Penny Retention? Penultimate Raisin?

i.... was too wrecked after work to set mines up last night. trying after work today, have the next too days off.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

polsab
Learning to Wiggle

Post by polsab » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:14 pm

firestARTer wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:
what is PR?
Piano roll ?!?!

glassofwater
Common Wiggler

Post by glassofwater » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:16 pm

man, the updates to the drummatrix, specifically euclidean mode + that the cursor goes back to drummatrix mode if last used is great!

induktor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by induktor » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:49 pm

glassofwater wrote:man, the updates to the drummatrix, specifically euclidean mode + that the cursor goes back to drummatrix mode if last used is great!
+1! Really slick! So good for quickly coming up with pattern variations.

jmax313
Common Wiggler

Post by jmax313 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:44 pm

for those wondering...

"PRTR → Probability percentage for the Trigger column. This affects any value from
the trigger column but no general gating issued by the note gating. The functionality
is the same as described for the Note probability."

I'm pretty sure this is what "Added PR function for the trigger16 Expanders" is.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 am

jmax313 wrote:for those wondering...

"PRTR → Probability percentage for the Trigger column. This affects any value from
the trigger column but no general gating issued by the note gating. The functionality
is the same as described for the Note probability."

I'm pretty sure this is what "Added PR function for the trigger16 Expanders" is.
Doesn't have anything to do with probabilities.

Only who figures out and explains what it does is the winner :nana:

-S.L-
Wiggling with Experience

Post by -S.L- » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:08 am

PR - Marketing :75: :banana:

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:34 am

Pattern reset?
look up!

mosorensen
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mosorensen » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:27 am

psychedelic rhythms, phat ratcheting?

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 am

Portamento Range

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:32 am

Haha you are still all guessing :) But lucky shots (which might have brought already good answers) don't count :party:

cl1ck
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cl1ck » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 am

Think I got it. It's actually kind of a piano roll :hihi:

Setting the note value in the PR settings defines the base note.
Then trigger column 1 in the drum matrix is the base note, column 2 is a note higher, and so on. When setting multiple triggers on the same row, the right most note gets out.

The note values and triggers come out of CV and trigger outs of the corresponding channel of the NerdSEQ.

By pressing OK in the PR setting you can disable outputting the triggers on the expander and only use it as a piano roll.

Already made some super quick arpeggios by using the new euclidean input method. :nana:

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 am

cl1ck wrote:Think I got it. It's actually kind of a piano roll :hihi:

Setting the note value in the PR settings defines the base note.
Then trigger column 1 in the drum matrix is the base note, column 2 is a note higher, and so on. When setting multiple triggers on the same row, the right most note gets out.

The note values and triggers come out of CV and trigger outs of the corresponding channel of the NerdSEQ.

By pressing OK in the PR setting you can disable outputting the triggers on the expander and only use it as a piano roll.

Already made some super quick arpeggios by using the new euclidean input method. :nana:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: BINGO!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Haha, i was implementing this actually for a joke, but found out it was very funny to play with it :-)

So yes, a piano roll, but upside down. You see also the piano key colours on the drummatrix trigger numbers :mrgreen:

-S.L-
Wiggling with Experience

Post by -S.L- » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:44 am

let's face it, I was really close :hihi: :party:

SB-SIX
Ultra Wiggler

Post by SB-SIX » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:33 am

It's amazing to see the total absence of annoying bugs in such a complex product. Really well done!
There is a chance you might like this: https://soundcloud.com/steeboo

emojiseq
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emojiseq » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Hey everyone I have gotten a little bit of confusing info, here's my question:

If I get a trigger expander, and set it to say track 2, would the track's original CV/Gate/Mod outputs and sequencing remain untouched, or does the expander completely replace that functionality for the assigned channel?

I have seen some hints that the original outputs and sequencing still work, and the expander sits atop it on the track, but also read you might have to use the FX column to access the tracks original outputs? Thanks!

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:57 pm

emojiseq wrote:Hey everyone I have gotten a little bit of confusing info, here's my question:

If I get a trigger expander, and set it to say track 2, would the track's original CV/Gate/Mod outputs and sequencing remain untouched, or does the expander completely replace that functionality for the assigned channel?

I have seen some hints that the original outputs and sequencing still work, and the expander sits atop it on the track, but also read you might have to use the FX column to access the tracks original outputs? Thanks!
If you talk about, if the originial values of the pattern remain, then it is a no.
All patterns in the track will be removed from the sequencer if the type of the track changes.

As for the usage of the CV,MOD and Trigger output. Yes you can still control them but then indeed from the FX column. They don't have their own Note, Mod or TR column in a Trigger16 screen anymore.

emojiseq
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emojiseq » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:38 pm

firestARTer wrote:
emojiseq wrote:Hey everyone I have gotten a little bit of confusing info, here's my question:

If you talk about, if the originial values of the pattern remain, then it is a no.
All patterns in the track will be removed from the sequencer if the type of the track changes.
tyvm for the quick feedback. I think it's non-destructive enough, if they could could be included on the same screen or accessible w a button combo or something that would be cool but just some friendly feedback. You can only assign 8 triggers of the expander to a track rn correct? So if you got the 16 trigger expander you'd need 2 tracks to use all the outputs? Is it pretty straightforward doing a melody/bassline from the fx column? I will RTFM. thanks!
As for the usage of the CV,MOD and Trigger output. Yes you can still control them but then indeed from the FX column. They don't have their own Note, Mod or TR column in a Trigger16 screen anymore.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:43 pm

emojiseq wrote:
firestARTer wrote:

tyvm for the quick feedback. I think it's non-destructive enough, if they could could be included on the same screen or accessible w a button combo or something that would be cool but just some friendly feedback. You can only assign 8 triggers of the expander to a track rn correct? So if you got the 16 trigger expander you'd need 2 tracks to use all the outputs? Is it pretty straightforward doing a melody/bassline from the fx column? I will RTFM. thanks!
I think you should watch this:

There are plenty of features added, but the base is the same.

You can use all 16 Trigger outputs from one track using the Drum-Matrix. But you can also split them to several tracks if you like to.
It is not as straight forward as in the regular note column, but it is good possible. The question is if it makes sense if a melody would always be tied to some trigger sequences.
In my opinion it is not really an issue to have just direct 10 CV notes instead of 12. You get plenty of extra functions instead.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:16 pm

first foray into using the NerdSeq -

[video][/video]

it's just 2 notes into the Livestock Bang, then the Mod out of that channel sending CV into the Maze which is cycling between different attenuvertion levels to 3 CV inputs on Bang.

so much to learn on this sequencer, but feel like i can already stumble into some basics. SUPER intuitively laid out.

..... would LOVE some note masking on the melodic CV sequencing.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

b3nsf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by b3nsf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Here's a halloween themed sequence on teh Nerdseq with trigger expander controlling the squid salmple.... fun times! cwejdies do their thing with cv and gates from teh Nerdseq's main outs... oh yeah, Nerdseq is the main clock too!

[video][/video]
its like saying you experience michaelangelo because there is a picture on your happy meal
--shreddoggie
Last time I checked there was nothing Vanilla about old Chi- Acid....that shit's Chocolate as it gets.
--Kendall Station

Accent
Common Wiggler

Post by Accent » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:27 am

I’ll preface this by acknowledging that I might be phenomenally dumb (ok, that’s not fair, but I majored in liberal arts and not STEM). I’ll also mention that I bought a Launchpad Pro in anticipation of the NerdSEQ integration and have done nothing with it since (other than used it with Ableton like I’ve done since getting the OG first Launchpad a decade ago, but nothing more customized), so maybe there is some setup thing I missed. But I’ve gone through the setup as described in the NerdSEQ manual a few times now and things don’t seem to be working quite as intended. Both the NerdSEQ and LP Pro seem to do some of the things expected, but not quite as described or in any clear way. If necessary I can try going into detail (only avoiding it because I’ve followed the manual to a T a few times...but maybe I’m missing something and am wondering what), but ultimately I’m wondering if anyone might be able to give some more insight into how they’re setting up and using this combo.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”