Help! Building a switch out of Maths and Pico Logic

Post your patches here! Put the format(s) in the subject.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Mndscrpt
Common Wiggler

Help! Building a switch out of Maths and Pico Logic

Post by Mndscrpt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi!
I had an idea for a patch where i would need a switch to seperate every second impulse in a sequence of gates. (the gates are coming from notes,not from a linear clock or else)

As i don't have a simple switch module i was thinking if i could get something out of my pico and/or maths. the pico has two seperate sections of boolean logic with 6 common types (OR/AND/XOR/NOR/NAND/NXOR).

How could i possibly patch something like a switch out of this? :despair:

authorless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by authorless » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Any particular reason you want to use these two modules? What else do you have?
"Wait a month and buy from a fellow wiggler who's desperate for new modules." - Johnisfaster

"It's oscillators are so precise and lifeless it's actually a digital modelling analog synth." - nadafarms

Mndscrpt
Common Wiggler

Post by Mndscrpt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Those are the only two capable of logic. Maybe voltage block could do the job aswell when clocked by the gates and set to a 2step sequence but i didn't want to sacrifice it. Then there is the abstract data ade 32 and zadar. the rest is filters, oscs, vcas etc..

authorless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by authorless » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:07 pm

VCAs can mimic AND gates. Mixers can mimic OR gates

Personally, I would set one channel of the Pico Logic as divide by 2 and the other as a NOT. Mult the divide by 2 out and feed it into the NOT. Mult whatever gate you are using, feed it into the divide by 2 on the Pico Logic, and into two separate VCAs. Have the divide by 2 control one VCA and have the NOT control the other VCA. I still don't know what you have so no idea if that helps you.
"Wait a month and buy from a fellow wiggler who's desperate for new modules." - Johnisfaster

"It's oscillators are so precise and lifeless it's actually a digital modelling analog synth." - nadafarms

Mndscrpt
Common Wiggler

Post by Mndscrpt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:49 pm

authorless wrote: I still don't know what you have so no idea if that helps you.
ok i see! here is what i got atm

I will try your suggestion tonight!

EDIT: Works super nice. :nana:

Return to “Synthesis Techniques”