New experimental music ZINE

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Claude
Common Wiggler

New experimental music ZINE

Post by Claude » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:12 pm

LolPicture file

So pleased to offer for your consideration the first issue of my new quarterly print zine Deft Esoterica! Issue one has interviews with the Iranian duo NUM, Scottish sound artist and composer Phil Maguire, and Portuguese drone synthesist Angelo Vicente Jr.

There are reviews of albums by:
Amulets
Asthma Film (Brandon Auger)
Benjamin Mauch & OAHU
Calineczka
Chemiefaserwerk
David Applegate
Ludwig Berger & Veronika Ehrensperger
Mark Lyken
Matt Norman & Max Hamel
Midcentury Modular
Mudlogger
Pain Chain
Snmtmns
Vansky
Zuliani

Deft Esoterica

Issue two is already underway with interviews featurjng Calineczka and Fernlodge. You can order a copy at deftesoterica.bandcamp.com which will be a huge help as my budget is basically zero :)

unrecordings
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by unrecordings » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:36 am

Sounds interesting
How much is postage to those of us in UK or Continental Europe ?

Claude
Common Wiggler

Post by Claude » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 am

Thanks for your interest! Postage for a single issue to the UK, Europe, etc. Is $3 USD. It increases quickly from there if multiple issues are ordered, as it is then considered a "package".

Total cost of a single issue to Europe is $9 USD. I have paid more than that for cassettes from Europe to the US... probably reviewed them in this issue :)

Pleased to report I have shipped Deft Esoterica to six countries so far! Hope this helps!

Claude
Common Wiggler

Post by Claude » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 pm

Update: my mistake, shipping is actually $5 USD outside of the US and Canada, International First Class. Didn't want to "bait and switch" any fellow Wigglers!

Lots of sales today, add a few more countries, which has been humbling and exciting. Thank you!

Claude
Common Wiggler

Post by Claude » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:06 pm

:banana: Attention Wiggler's :banana: :

Issue two of Deft Esoterica is released! Interviews with FernLodge, Calineczka, and Raoul van Herpen! Of interest to those with a sympathy for the disciplines of ambient, drone, sustained tone minimalism, electronic art-music, noise, and more! More reviews and sixteen more pages, slightly reduced shipping cost and issue two included DOWNLOAD CODES for the entire catalog of Important Drone Records!!!

So pleased to bring this to your attention! Enjoy!

https://deftesoterica.bandcamp.com/

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New experimental music ZINE

Post by GrantB » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:52 am

Thanks for the great zines Claude! Your FernLodge interview was worth the price alone. I look forward to checking out the other artists you've reviewed.

Claude
Common Wiggler

Post by Claude » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanks so much Grant! DEFINITELY check out the other artists, but yes, I was very pleased with the FernLodge interview. Joe is very humble and is an amazing sound artist. If he lived in LA and had a YouTube channel of gear he would be on everyone's radar. Hoping he gets some of the attention he deserves, hoping his inclusion in issue two can play a small part in that!

splitpoint
Common Wiggler

Post by splitpoint » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Thanks for publishing this 'zine Claude.
"Hi. My name is Splitpoint and I'm a samplerholic."

chorus7
Yeah that's right

Post by chorus7 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:28 am

Claude wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 pm
Thanks so much Grant! DEFINITELY check out the other artists, but yes, I was very pleased with the FernLodge interview. Joe is very humble and is an amazing sound artist. If he lived in LA and had a YouTube channel of gear he would be on everyone's radar. Hoping he gets some of the attention he deserves, hoping his inclusion in issue two can play a small part in that!
Thanks for the complements Claude! and thank you for giving the community such an amazing zine... It was a pleasure working with you... Now I need to try and figure out if I should move to LA or not :hihi:

Return to “Artist Discussion”