[IN STOCK] Manual Voltage Processor - 16hp of Euro utility

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:28 pm

ma has recently re-released the new version of the MA MVP euro, with new PCB layouts that include SMT parts already soldered in place...

http://synthcube.com/cart/manhattan-ana ... -processor

negativspace
Manhattan Analog

Post by negativspace » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 pm

And, good news - these are back in stock and available. Built a tester, new run of boards is working perfectly. :tu:

woelfl
Learning to Wiggle

Re: [IN STOCK] Manual Voltage Processor - 16hp of Euro utility

Post by woelfl » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Ahoy negativspace,

Just got a panel/PCB set from Thonk, and was wondering what exactly are those two groups of 3 holes on the back for, the ones with outside pads marked X1 and ADJ? I'm assuming they are for the jumpers, but what do these do exactly? I see the ADJ traces going to their respective trimpots, so I'm also assuming here that X1 sets something to be fixed, whereas ADJ makes it adjustable with the trim, but what exactly? 🙂
Besides the BOM on Thonk's website, I can't seem to find anywhere any kind of a build doc, schematic, or at least a photo of a finished build of this newer SMT one-PCB version that I have, just for orientation... I mean, it's not really that complex, I could figure out what's what just by following the PCB traces, but that could take some time, so I thought I'd rather ask first... 🤪

Cheers and thanks a lot for designing this splendid and versatile little thingy! I've been really missing something like this in my system. Everyone should have at least one of these 🙂

Franktree
Common Wiggler

Post by Franktree » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Is there a build document for the new version? I just received a DIY kit, but there's no guide or instructions with it and I haven't been able to find anything online. Without a guide or some sort of set of instructions, I'm hopelessly lost. Help!

Franktree
Common Wiggler

Post by Franktree » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Just wanted to respond to my own post. Jason (from Manhattan Analog) got in touch and walked me through the build. He was incredibly gracious with his time and was very patient answering all of my many questions I had along the way. In the end, the build ended up being pretty easy, even for a total novice like me, and the module worked on my first try! So just wanted to give a shout out to Jason and say that, at least with this new version of the module, the build is totally doable, even for a beginner. Hopefully Jason will post some of the images he sent along to me to help me figure out the details of the build, and once you follow those, you'll be in good shape!

Return to “Music Tech DIY”