DIY builders for hire

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

chachi
Wiggling with Experience

Re: DIY builders for hire

Post by chachi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

is this the right thread for repair people? i’m in portland, or. and i have a kurzweil K2000 that lost its will to live and a CS-60 that needs adjustment. i have used Tim in the past and want someone else. thanks!

AC-130U
Learning to Wiggle

Post by AC-130U » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Hey, I'll build for people in SMT and through hole, 5U or 3U format, doesn't matter.

I will also be willing to make cases within the near future - acquiring woodworking tools at this time.

I'm in the Provo UT area.

AC-130U

ancientbones
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ancientbones » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Anyone in the US build full custom synths? I’m interested in commissioning something like a stripped down, durable Roland sh-1000. All I’m looking for is 2 vco’s, a filter, a simple envelope generator (attack & decay), and two LFO’s and a small keybed. 37 keys would be fine.

I have experience soldering, but I’m not a woodworker so I’m not sure how I’d pull off building a case and wiring a keyboard.

djs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by djs » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 am

ancientbones wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm
Anyone in the US build full custom synths? I’m interested in commissioning something like a stripped down, durable Roland sh-1000. All I’m looking for is 2 vco’s, a filter, a simple envelope generator (attack & decay), and two LFO’s and a small keybed. 37 keys would be fine.
More complex than what you're looking for, but have you seen this?

https://synthcube.com/cart/diy-kits/no- ... er-deposit
"Noise is what the Earth is made of" - David Bowie

pfzzz
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by pfzzz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:35 am

alexam wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 am
Hello there,

so because i got a lot of fun at building up my little modular, i would like to offer you building up modules for you.

I build several Mutable Instruments Modules (also the Ambika and some Shruthis), some MFOS stuff, worked a while at a music store where i repaired digital pianos on component basis and did some modifications to a lot of stuff which i am using to make some kind of music.

so basically, i got a nice hot air station and a nice soldering iron and all the equipment, that is needed for tasks like this and i know how to handle them. So if someone is interessted just write me a message.

- I am located in germany and could ship within europe

best greetings!
I cannot send messages for some reason, please send an email to pfzzz.pfzzz[at]gmail, need to build some modules

welhamc
Common Wiggler

Post by welhamc » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:12 pm

I'm located in Bristol, UK. I am happy to offer a range of DIY services including module building (5U/MOTM/Eurorack/4u), power supply building and some repair services. If you have anything to ask please PM me!

theianscott
Learning to Wiggle

Post by theianscott » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am

Hi All,

I am just getting into EuroRack and I have a Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3 - bought it second hand, it is my first extender module for a DFAM and M32 combo. Using it with a RowPower 30. It wasnt working when it arrived, I think I tried to power into the wrong connector (the extender connector?) located the right one, and still no luck to power it up.

In desperation I flipped the power cable and got the grey smoke of death. Contacted Pitsburgh Mod who said they could sort it, but I am near Manchester in the UK so it isn’t practical to send it off. Whilst I could probably have a pop at it myself… think I have done enough damage as it is!

Is there a decent EuroRack medic I could post it to? Possibly the RowPower too so I can get a full bill of health before I get it back? I am thinking there must be some self isolating engineers in here now! :)

Thanks in advance.

Staticcharge
Common Wiggler

Post by Staticcharge » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:24 am

theianscott wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am
Hi All,

I am just getting into EuroRack and I have a Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3 - bought it second hand, it is my first extender module for a DFAM and M32 combo. Using it with a RowPower 30. It wasnt working when it arrived, I think I tried to power into the wrong connector (the extender connector?) located the right one, and still no luck to power it up.

In desperation I flipped the power cable and got the grey smoke of death. Contacted Pitsburgh Mod who said they could sort it, but I am near Manchester in the UK so it isn’t practical to send it off. Whilst I could probably have a pop at it myself… think I have done enough damage as it is!

Is there a decent EuroRack medic I could post it to? Possibly the RowPower too so I can get a full bill of health before I get it back? I am thinking there must be some self isolating engineers in here now! :)

Thanks in advance.
I've sent you a PM. I've built through hole and smd, early days: turing machines and FC monoblock modules etc. Recently: Plaits, SMR, Performer sequencers and Stages, rings, Elements and so on.
I'm based in Kent but I've finished/repaired modules built by a guy not far from you, Ben Parsons in Prestwich, you may not of heard of him but it's a small world.

Boneoh
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Boneoh » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:58 am

PM sent.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”