DIY builders for hire

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

chachi
Veteran Wiggler

Re: DIY builders for hire

Post by chachi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

is this the right thread for repair people? i’m in portland, or. and i have a kurzweil K2000 that lost its will to live and a CS-60 that needs adjustment. i have used Tim in the past and want someone else. thanks!

AC-130U
Learning to Wiggle

Post by AC-130U » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Hey, I'll build for people in SMT and through hole, 5U or 3U format, doesn't matter.

I will also be willing to make cases within the near future - acquiring woodworking tools at this time.

I'm in the Provo UT area.

AC-130U

ancientbones
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ancientbones » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Anyone in the US build full custom synths? I’m interested in commissioning something like a stripped down, durable Roland sh-1000. All I’m looking for is 2 vco’s, a filter, a simple envelope generator (attack & decay), and two LFO’s and a small keybed. 37 keys would be fine.

I have experience soldering, but I’m not a woodworker so I’m not sure how I’d pull off building a case and wiring a keyboard.

djs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by djs » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 am

ancientbones wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm
Anyone in the US build full custom synths? I’m interested in commissioning something like a stripped down, durable Roland sh-1000. All I’m looking for is 2 vco’s, a filter, a simple envelope generator (attack & decay), and two LFO’s and a small keybed. 37 keys would be fine.
More complex than what you're looking for, but have you seen this?

https://synthcube.com/cart/diy-kits/no- ... er-deposit
"Noise is what the Earth is made of" - David Bowie

pfzzz
Common Wiggler

Re:

Post by pfzzz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:35 am

alexam wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 am
Hello there,

so because i got a lot of fun at building up my little modular, i would like to offer you building up modules for you.

I build several Mutable Instruments Modules (also the Ambika and some Shruthis), some MFOS stuff, worked a while at a music store where i repaired digital pianos on component basis and did some modifications to a lot of stuff which i am using to make some kind of music.

so basically, i got a nice hot air station and a nice soldering iron and all the equipment, that is needed for tasks like this and i know how to handle them. So if someone is interessted just write me a message.

- I am located in germany and could ship within europe

best greetings!
I cannot send messages for some reason, please send an email to pfzzz.pfzzz[at]gmail, need to build some modules

welhamc
Common Wiggler

Post by welhamc » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:12 pm

I'm located in Bristol, UK. I am happy to offer a range of DIY services including module building (5U/MOTM/Eurorack/4u), power supply building and some repair services. If you have anything to ask please PM me!

theianscott
Learning to Wiggle

Post by theianscott » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am

Hi All,

I am just getting into EuroRack and I have a Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3 - bought it second hand, it is my first extender module for a DFAM and M32 combo. Using it with a RowPower 30. It wasnt working when it arrived, I think I tried to power into the wrong connector (the extender connector?) located the right one, and still no luck to power it up.

In desperation I flipped the power cable and got the grey smoke of death. Contacted Pitsburgh Mod who said they could sort it, but I am near Manchester in the UK so it isn’t practical to send it off. Whilst I could probably have a pop at it myself… think I have done enough damage as it is!

Is there a decent EuroRack medic I could post it to? Possibly the RowPower too so I can get a full bill of health before I get it back? I am thinking there must be some self isolating engineers in here now! :)

Thanks in advance.

Staticcharge
Common Wiggler

Post by Staticcharge » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:24 am

theianscott wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am
Hi All,

I am just getting into EuroRack and I have a Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3 - bought it second hand, it is my first extender module for a DFAM and M32 combo. Using it with a RowPower 30. It wasnt working when it arrived, I think I tried to power into the wrong connector (the extender connector?) located the right one, and still no luck to power it up.

In desperation I flipped the power cable and got the grey smoke of death. Contacted Pitsburgh Mod who said they could sort it, but I am near Manchester in the UK so it isn’t practical to send it off. Whilst I could probably have a pop at it myself… think I have done enough damage as it is!

Is there a decent EuroRack medic I could post it to? Possibly the RowPower too so I can get a full bill of health before I get it back? I am thinking there must be some self isolating engineers in here now! :)

Thanks in advance.
I've sent you a PM. I've built through hole and smd, early days: turing machines and FC monoblock modules etc. Recently: Plaits, SMR, Performer sequencers and Stages, rings, Elements and so on.
I'm based in Kent but I've finished/repaired modules built by a guy not far from you, Ben Parsons in Prestwich, you may not of heard of him but it's a small world.

Boneoh
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Boneoh » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:58 am

PM sent.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 am

theianscott wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am
Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3
only pittsburgh has the software needed to finish the repair. I don't think they will distribute that around the internet. you may be wasting more money sending it to people who definitely don't have what it takes or at least not without the help of pittsburgh.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

elmegil
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by elmegil » Thu May 21, 2020 12:04 pm

I have arranged repairs of Doepfer MIDI where the controller chips was bad by getting the programmed chip from a Doepfer representative in the US. Something similar may be possible with the Pittsburgh, without getting into proprietary IP.

Radtron
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Radtron » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 pm

I bought an ornaments and crime module from someone in Puerto Rico. Not to long after I bought it the module only outputs the same voltage from all CV out jacks. I noticed when I push the pot it creates some noise. I inspected the solder and didn't note any bridges or bad solder jobs. I suspect a bad pot. Is there anyone willing to look at it? Thank you for your time.

KitKatAndy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KitKatAndy » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:41 am

I`m offering DIY builds - through-hole and smd.
I`m located in germany.
Quality: I do all my stuff with very high patience, rechecking everything three times and do rework where necessary til it fits my personal aspiration. I build all the stuff like I would do it for myself not for money.
Here are some pics of my latest works:

laplace13
Learning to Wiggle

Post by laplace13 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 am

Hello, I'm an experienced builder with EE degree based in NYC and VT. I've just finished a run of 4 TTSH 2600's with all the standard mods, as well as 3 NAVA 909's. Photos or videos of either can be sent by request. I also do general synth repair, with lots of experience with Yamaha CS-5 & 10, Roland Juno 6/60/106, Roland RS-101/09, Sequential Prophet 600, Simmons SDSV, Tama Techstar, Moog Prodigy and battery on Korg Poly Six/61's (especially battery acid PCB repair). Experienced with KIWI Mod installations as well as Poly Sex mod on Poly Six Synths.

ancientbones
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ancientbones » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Anyone in the US doing Behringer TD-3 mods?

I’d love to get mine modded out with the following. I’m based in Detroit so if you’re in Michigan let me know!

Mods I’m looking for:

Rubber mod
Sub-osc
FM
VCA crunch mod
Accent decay
VCA decay
Manual accent trigger

3vcos
Must have slack/modules

Post by 3vcos » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:44 pm

I'm looking for someone to finish a couple modules in Wiard 300 format. I just don't have time for this these days.
Quad 281 module. I have the front panel and pcbs.
Dual Fonitronik attenuverting mixer. I have the panel and stuffed pcbs.

Lots of work here including how to tastefully mount the pcbs off the panel. Looking for an experienced builder.

snowtires
Common Wiggler

Post by snowtires » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am

What's up, if anyone in Eastern PA (or anyone willing to ship) is looking for DIY Eurorack modules or synth builds, drop me a line. I've built about 30 different modules and numerous different synth boxes, just let me know what you're interested in!

Zegobs
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Zegobs » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:30 am

Hi all,I love this community!

I am looking for someone in Europe or even France to build and calibrate a µO&C for me. plz PM me

Nick Thorburn
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Nick Thorburn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello,

I am a builder for hire from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. Please message me if you need kits or cases built/repairs! I can do SMD, and flash IC's. Price is pay what you want, all I ask is that you pay for shipping and raw components.

- Nick

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Looking for someone who is willing to do some simple work (POTI repair, some passive switches, etc.) Probably best if based in the US.

PM me if anyone is interested and I give give more details. I'll update post if I find someone.

Thank!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Intellijel Palette

Synthacon
Common Wiggler

Post by Synthacon » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:57 am

Looking for someone to build some Oakley Euro modules in the UK.
You always want just one more synth

oppositaer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by oppositaer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:29 am

Hello there, I am always available for assembling DIY kits, also non Eurorack. I am in Italy but can ship worldwide. Actually I have assembled some kits from Befaco and AI Synthesis ready to ship. PM me for detailed infos.

PS. due to lack of time I am not available for designing projects or something similar.
I build DIY kits and projects in South Europe.. PM me if you need help!

Some sounds:
https://www.mixcloud.com/oppositaer/
https://soundcloud.com/arinev

pettycash
Common Wiggler

Post by pettycash » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:56 am

If anyone needs synth repair/service in London.
Please get in touch, I have the relevant training in electronic fault finding and would be happy to help :tu:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”