Gamechanger Audio Light Pedal

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

rauch
Common Wiggler

Gamechanger Audio Light Pedal

Post by rauch » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:58 am

Technologear?
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Gamechanger Audio Light Pedal

Post by Technologear? » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:31 am

The perfect circuit demo was great at presenting the character of the unit. I'm surprised at how nasty (in a good way) it sounds. For industrial sounds this would be great.
But I don't understand what the light is doing. Isn't the audio going through one end of the spring and out the other anyway? Isn't the light just an indicator for modulation being done to the audio after its come back out the spring?

rauch
Common Wiggler

Post by rauch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:56 am

Technologear? wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:31 am
But I don't understand what the light is doing. Isn't the audio going through one end of the spring and out the other anyway? Isn't the light just an indicator for modulation being done to the audio after its come back out the spring?
those are infrared emitting diodes on the one side. on the other side are sensor diodes to detect the movement of the spring. pretty cool idea.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:35 am

Anyone doing demos with "Maggot Brain" as the music is aces in my book.

rauch
Common Wiggler

Post by rauch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Kent wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:35 am
Anyone doing demos with "Maggot Brain" as the music is aces in my book.
that‘s exactly what i thought!

numan7
the most autistic amongst us

Post by numan7 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:25 pm

rauch wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:56 am
Technologear? wrote:
those are infrared emitting diodes on the one side. on the other side are sensor diodes to detect the movement of the spring. pretty cool idea.
hmm, i wonder if the visible spectrum light has anything to do with the infrared detection or if it's just there for show (and perhaps to re-assure the non-infrared-savy pedal-buyer that it is indeed "optical"). it sounds pretty cool either way though.

cheers
"i'd rather be more like the o-o-o-cean. no talking, man, all action..." --jane's addiction

EPTC
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by EPTC » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:39 pm

This looks pretty beautiful, especially with the optical sensor being able to move up and down the spring. I'm pleased with my current reverbs otherwise I'd be really interested in this.

They just launched the pre-order for the "first set" of 1000 units. If I read that correctly (am I right?) that's a huge number. There must be a huge interest in this pedal.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:35 pm

numan7 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:25 pm
rauch wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:56 am
Technologear? wrote:
hmm, i wonder if the visible spectrum light has anything to do with the infrared detection or if it's just there for show (and perhaps to re-assure the non-infrared-savy pedal-buyer that it is indeed "optical"). it sounds pretty cool either way though.

cheers
Most infrared lamps emit red light as well, it could be for show or it could be that they are so close to each other in the spectrum you get both.

muddy ranks
Common Wiggler

Post by muddy ranks » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm

I have to say, I loved the sounds in that Perfect Circuit demo! It def looks very playable with synths, espesh that sweep effect... That looks fun! (Not to be that guy, but I'd love to see a version with stereo ins and outs, and cv everything.)

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”