Any current Serge panel kits available?

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
magneticring
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by magneticring » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi all.
Wondering what current Serge panel kits are available these days?

It doesn't really feel like the "people's synthesizers" these days as the prices are pretty high for assembled systems.
Any links would be appreciated. Ideally looking for kits that have the panels.

Thanks

User avatar
aethyr
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Over the edges

Re: Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by aethyr » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm


User avatar
magneticring
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Re: Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by magneticring » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:34 pm

as mentioned, I'm looking for kits in the panel format. Not separate modules. I remember a few years back there was a blog/project posting a series of panels/pcbs that could be ordered.

User avatar
papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2983
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: in a suitcase
Contact:

Re: Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by papz » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:35 pm

Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

ashleym
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:34 pm

Re: Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by ashleym » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:03 pm

Elby have a range of panels and a load more coming out in March. Have a proper look or check the threads here. Panels with separate PCBs as per the old days.

https://www.elby-designs.com/contents/ ... BOCGS.html

Gandalf
Common Wiggler
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by Gandalf » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:53 am

magneticring wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 pm
Hi all.
Wondering what current Serge panel kits are available these days?

It doesn't really feel like the "people's synthesizers" these days as the prices are pretty high for assembled systems.
Any links would be appreciated. Ideally looking for kits that have the panels.

Thanks
That is because they have a HIGH LABOUR content. A LOT of wiring. That is why the kits are available so that you can do it in your own time.

User avatar
CLee
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by CLee » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:37 am

Gandalf wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:53 am
magneticring wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 pm
Hi all.
Wondering what current Serge panel kits are available these days?

It doesn't really feel like the "people's synthesizers" these days as the prices are pretty high for assembled systems.
Any links would be appreciated. Ideally looking for kits that have the panels.

Thanks
That is because they have a HIGH LABOUR content. A LOT of wiring. That is why the kits are available so that you can do it in your own time.
Yes, the “people’s synthesizer” was a semi-kit. When I bought my Serge it came as a blank panel, stick down graphics, a stuffed and trimmed PCB, a bag of panel components, and some wire. You had to put it all together, which as mentioned, involved a lot of point-to-point wiring.

It became a finished product only with STS, along with the increased prices.

User avatar
fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Any current Serge panel kits available?

Post by fluxmonkey » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:59 am

WOW ... had not seen that these were (again) available :goo: :goo: a bargain!
ashleym wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:03 pm
Elby have a range of panels and a load more coming out in March. Have a proper look or check the threads here. Panels with separate PCBs as per the old days.

https://www.elby-designs.com/contents/ ... BOCGS.html
www.fluxmonkey.com

BUILDER FOR HIRE - kits or custom, email me with your needs

Post Reply

Return to “Music Tech DIY”