Clocking Question

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

zletakov
1-Post Wiggler

Clocking Question

Post by zletakov » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:41 pm

HI guys i recently bought a Cre8audio Nifty Case bundle ( case with Chipz and Cellz modules). Fairly new into the modular world. I current am working with Korg Volca FM and Sample, Moog DFAM and 4 guitar pedals. Before i got the case i believe the clock was dfam adv/clock to FM in and FM in to Sample out. So i was controlling the bpms from the sample. My question is what is the correct order or the correct way to synchronize my niftycase with the rest of the gear? Thanks in advance https://ibb.co/h8T2tHS

luketeaford
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Clocking Question

Post by luketeaford » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:24 am

Welcome!

There is no "correct" way in modular. You could clock everything from the DFAM's Trigger output or however you want to set it up. You'll find as you play around with it different modules/synths require different types of gates/triggers and respond differently to resets etc. Sometimes you'll need to logically invert a gate or add a slight trigger delay to achieve what you want.

For now, the best thing is to experiment and see if you can create the various kinds of clocking arrangements you want. A common strategy is to use a fast master clock and divide it because it's easier to divide than to multiply.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”