Tonsturm Frq•Shift

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

bphenix
Wiggling with Experience

Tonsturm Frq•Shift

Post by bphenix » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Super cool new Frequency Shifter with the ability to add delay, resonator and filters to the feedback path. One of the nicer sounding shifters I've used.

https://tonsturm.com/software/frqshift/

tilman
Common Wiggler

Re: Tonsturm Frq•Shift

Post by tilman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:28 am

Hey bphenix, thanks for opening a thread on our new plugin and the kind words on the sound quality!

Here is some shameless self promotion :-)

We spent a lot of time tweaking the low frequency response of the hilbert transform as well as the anti-aliasing option Frequency Shifter. While conventional ways to reduce aliasing artifacts in frequency shifters involve filters, we took a totally different approach which results in a very clean sound, even in the low frequency range. The feedback effects in combination with the adjustable stabilize parameter really give you a lot of control over the feedback path. On top we created our own customizable modulation system in a way we think is powerful and enjoyable to use in a plugin.

I forgot to mention for low shifter settings (Good for Phaser Effects) the Frequency Shifters can be synced to bpm in a way we have not seen on any other Frequency Shifter Plugins out there.

Here are a few examples of our Soundcloud Demo Playlist:

Trailer

Tutorial

tilman
Common Wiggler

Post by tilman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:49 am

Just to remind everyone:
Only 5DAYS Left! 30% Introductory offer until 18.02.20

Cheers,
Tilman
tonsturm.com

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:58 am

tilman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:49 am
Just to remind everyone:
Only 5DAYS Left! 30% Introductory offer until 18.02.20

Cheers,
Tilman
tonsturm.com
I loaded the Demo yesterday.

upfront, bevore testing, i found the price too high.
Today, many poeple are used to pay less, but also are many people used to buy more VSTs than they need or even use.
.....personally i think lower prices are the better business model. As Valhalla is doing. NOT saying it should be that low ;)
( anyway, the things are set......so,....just thinking out loud)

The soundquality of this frequency shifter is immensly good !
i have two good ones (VSTs)( ahh wait, i have more, but i just use allways the same two) ........but need to compare them against each other, inclouding some CC mapping for jamming reasons.

i only tested with Piano ( pianoteq). but i´m very much used to hear FS on a Piano. ( manual playing and jamming FX, no sequenzing)
The sound quality is really immens, especially on big shifts would i guess that there is no comparison.
but again, need to check......

now, my feature request:
i need to have this to justifie the purchase:
whats missing is a range setting between 1000Hz and 5000Hz.
2000Hz or 2500Hz. I´d say 2500Hz.

Thats missing since the big advantage of this FS is the big shifting area, while 5000Hz is a waaay to big shift for many signals,
since they become inaudible, haha.
In case your willing to add a 2500HZ setting, please confirm ( your willingness)........ and i gladly will buy it.

for creative piano playing does it mean:
using the 10000Hz shift is it probably not giving me enough advantage over other FS VSTs, (i´ll check this weekend)
using the 50000Hz range is the adjustability unenecessary little on half of the key-range.
Since i had to go somewhere up to C5 that the full 5000Hz swing would be usable
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
lowered prices: Dotcom Q960: 650.- / Q119: 420 / ( i also have one or much likely two 19" Frames)
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 830.-, like new, quasi unused.

tilman
Common Wiggler

Post by tilman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 am

Hey Funky 40,
thanks for the kind words on the sound quality.

We really put a lot of work into making this the best sounding Frequency Shifter to our ears. Also we spent a lot of work on the modulation system and overall framework. A few things are unique to us compared to other shifters that may be cheaper: Link mode with variable offset, BPM Sync possibilities of the Shifters, variable stabilize of the feedback path. The whole modulation system, resizable UI and as mentioned the sound quality of the shifter engines. Being able to add or multiply modulation assignments and reorder per modulation source etc...

To add a 2500 Hz range would be an easy thing for the next update and I just put it on our list but I can not promise anything.

Thanks a lot for taking the time and checking out our new plugin. We are glad you like the sound quality which is most important to us!

Cheers!
Tilman

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 pm

tilman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 am
To add a 2500 Hz range would be an easy thing for the next update and I just put it on our list but I can not promise anything.
I hear you ! ;) ( :lol: )

yes, not taking anything as a promise.......
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
lowered prices: Dotcom Q960: 650.- / Q119: 420 / ( i also have one or much likely two 19" Frames)
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 830.-, like new, quasi unused.

tilman
Common Wiggler

Post by tilman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:13 am

Hey everyone,

as for the feature suggestions we are taking notes here and a few of the things being mentioned are already on top of our list.
The discount only lasts 24 Hrs from today on. If you are VAT registered you can exclude the VAT during checkout.

https://tonsturm.com/software/frqshift/

Cheers!
Tilman

tilman
Common Wiggler

Post by tilman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:23 am

Intro Offer Ends Today!

Return to “Music Software”