Presto Chango - 4-Channel Expression Pedal Adapter box

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

trick
Common Wiggler

Presto Chango - 4-Channel Expression Pedal Adapter box

Post by trick » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi all! I wanted to use my Moog EP2 & EP3 Expression Pedals with by Music Easel and 200e gear, and thought others may too. So, I created the "Presto Chango". If you are interested, they are available at: tricksmagicshop.com

Here is a quick video demo:
[video][/video]

Image[/img]

Thanks for looking!

wyrtti
Muffdiver's Helmet

Post by wyrtti » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Very nice! This is very useful for those of us who play the Buchla simultaneously with some other instrument like a bass.
Eschew obfuscation!

snakejaw
Common Wiggler

Re: Presto Chango - 4-Channel Expression Pedal Adapter box

Post by snakejaw » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:23 am

Superb! I just brought mine home. Got it from Analogue Haven. Connected it to a Moog EP-3 expression pedal, which I also just received*. Connected the CV out from a Quadratt 1U through the Presto Chango into a Bubblesound VCA4p set to an exponential response rate. Very nice volume pedal setup. Added distortion from my Metasonix RK-2 and reverb from an A-199. Bliss! When I played my guitar and closed my eyes, I thought that I was in Neu! Looking forward to testing other configurations with filters and other modules. Maybe to some the Presto Chango going for $99 might seem a bit high, but experientially it's an unmitigated blast. Along with the other things "I'm looking forward to" :hihi: I think I'll get a second Moog EP-3.

Thanks DSC for mentioning it in another thread**! That's how I initially learned about it. I'd been looking for some way to connect an expression pedal to my Eurorack. I had my eye on the addac301 floor control, but couldn't find any in the US.

* = The EP-3 seems like a good choice. Recommended by Strymon for the Timeline, Novation (Peak) and supposed to work well on the Sherman Filterbank (TBD), all of which I own.

** = expression pedals & footswitches with eurorack modules

gnome666
Common Wiggler

Post by gnome666 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:03 am

post removed

trick
Common Wiggler

Post by trick » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:05 am

snakejaw wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:23 am
Superb! I just brought mine home. Got it from Analogue Haven.
I'm so happy that you enjoy it. Thanks so much! I'd love to see how you are using it!

snakejaw
Common Wiggler

Post by snakejaw » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:47 am

Here's the first test. The Pittsburgh Modular INOUT is connected to my guitar. If you follow the cables, hopefully you can see the routing. Of course, the pedal is on the floor when I'm playing.
20200307_083508.jpg
PS- please ignore my ramshackle rack!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trick
Common Wiggler

Post by trick » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:41 pm

Thanks so much for posting this! I love seeing them out in the wild and how they are being used! May I share this photo on Instagram? If so, do you have an IG account I can tag?

Thanks again!

snakejaw
Common Wiggler

Post by snakejaw » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:45 pm

Feel free to post it. I don't have an Instagram aaccount. No need for attribution.

trick
Common Wiggler

Post by trick » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”