Using Disting MK4 as a drum machine

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Mistermoleymole
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Using Disting MK4 as a drum machine

Post by Mistermoleymole » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:42 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 am

I've used it as a sample player for years, since Disting Mk3 actually, or whenever the sample player was introduced (might have been even earlier).

What does -switch=48 after the first sample do?

My guess is that the z-knob is in a position between samples, i've noticed that can happen.. but that switch thing after the first sample, i'm not sure what things that can lead to..
Yeah i don't seem to have too much issue with normal sample algos, like dual audio etc... However this is the multisample playback, where a full drum kit can be layed out accross a keyboard in effect. The pitch cv basically selects the samples in the playlist. Is that the one you've used successfully?

Switch-48 is basically telling the algo which note within the pitch will trigger the first sample in the list, then the rest follow on after that on each note.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:45 am

Mistermoleymole wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:42 am
Yeah i don't seem to have too much issue with normal sample algos, like dual audio etc... However this is the multisample playback, where a full drum kit can be layed out accross a keyboard in effect. The pitch cv basically selects the samples in the playlist. Is that the one you've used successfully?

Switch-48 is basically telling the algo which note within the pitch will trigger the first sample in the list, then the rest follow on after that on each note.
Ah, ok. No, i don't use the multi-sample one. I think i tried it way back, and if i remember correctly i was not completely satisfied with the added latency that mode had.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:23 am

Mistermoleymole wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 am
I'm trying it with one of the sequencers on my beatstep pro, and i'm getting output, but the sample selection seems to not keep up with the triggger, so the first hit of anew pad is always the previous sample, then when you hit it again, you get the right sample. When trying to build sequences, i am even finding that i sometimes hear a sample somewhere between the last and the current sample.
It sounds like your pitch CV has excessive slew on it, or is simply lagging behind the gate CV. Are you using the BSP's own cv/gate outputs?

Mistermoleymole
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mistermoleymole » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:00 am

os wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:23 am
Mistermoleymole wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 am
I'm trying it with one of the sequencers on my beatstep pro, and i'm getting output, but the sample selection seems to not keep up with the triggger, so the first hit of anew pad is always the previous sample, then when you hit it again, you get the right sample. When trying to build sequences, i am even finding that i sometimes hear a sample somewhere between the last and the current sample.
It sounds like your pitch CV has excessive slew on it, or is simply lagging behind the gate CV. Are you using the BSP's own cv/gate outputs?
I am yes.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 am

It would be instructive to use the disting's WAV recorder mode to record the CV & gate. You could then look at the stereo file in a WAV editor on your computer and see the relative timing of the CV/gate.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”