Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

lordymosh
Common Wiggler
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:18 am

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by lordymosh » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:02 am

I hope they bring the Space Spiral Delay pedal to eurorack.

User avatar
QuantumMechanakillWave
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am
Location: Cleveland

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by QuantumMechanakillWave » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:35 am

Hi!

The Dry Kill control is indeed latching! Please let us know if this does not solve your issue! We will take care of it as part of the lifetime warranty. Navigate here to create a case:

https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/contact

Thank you for posting the awesome tracks!
synonymist wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:35 am
This weekend I got my Afterneath module installed. Its Mix control might not work: except possibly at first, eventually definitely I could not get any dry signal out of it; only a range between silence and all wet. Otherwise I like it.

EDIT: Wait. What if the "Dry kill" button is latching, not momentary as I thought it was. Hmm...

Compared to the Afterneath pedal precedent, the module is a marked improvement and a logical progression. I found it to be quite playable, both with CV and manually. The unquantized modes are very useful to me, for non-12-tet scales and for non-scales; the other modes, not so much. Plenty to work with there, however. :)


1.jpg



In these pieces, my first go with the Afterneath module, I settled on a "liquid tonal space" kind of thing. Special thanks to Cš-L, which seems to become more powerful each time I play it. Yes, I covered the "Afterneath" badge with black artist's tape. No, I will not discuss how I got it to sound so very stereo (beyond the recommended pseudo-stereo technique, that is). Sorry! Session notes are at each track's webpage:



"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."

-Edgar Allen Poe

User avatar
QuantumMechanakillWave
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am
Location: Cleveland

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by QuantumMechanakillWave » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:56 am

Check out this this full system giveaway that we announced!:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=229545
"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."

-Edgar Allen Poe

User avatar
synonymist
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by synonymist » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:49 pm

QuantumMechanakillWave wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:35 am
Hi!

The Dry Kill control is indeed latching! Please let us know if this does not solve your issue! We will take care of it as part of the lifetime warranty. Navigate here to create a case:

https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/contact

Thank you for posting the awesome tracks!
synonymist wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:35 am
This weekend I got my Afterneath module installed. Its Mix control might not work: except possibly at first, eventually definitely I could not get any dry signal out of it; only a range between silence and all wet. Otherwise I like it.

EDIT: Wait. What if the "Dry kill" button is latching, not momentary as I thought it was. Hmm...

Compared to the Afterneath pedal precedent, the module is a marked improvement and a logical progression. I found it to be quite playable, both with CV and manually. The unquantized modes are very useful to me, for non-12-tet scales and for non-scales; the other modes, not so much. Plenty to work with there, however. :)

In these pieces, my first go with the Afterneath module, I settled on a "liquid tonal space" kind of thing. Special thanks to Cš-L, which seems to become more powerful each time I play it. Yes, I covered the "Afterneath" badge with black artist's tape. No, I will not discuss how I got it to sound so very stereo (beyond the recommended pseudo-stereo technique, that is). Sorry! Session notes are at each track's webpage:

https://soundcloud.com/synonymist/denree

https://soundcloud.com/synonymist/miette
Hello! Thank you for your kind words, and for confirming the Dry Kill functionality and offering assistance. I meant to report here: later on I proved that to myself. :oops:

Here is another track that features Afterneath; this time in a more subtle, but still distinctive role. My thanks to you all at EQD for this useful and musical module:


User avatar
deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:34 am

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by deftinwulf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:07 pm

lordymosh wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:02 am
I hope they bring the Space Spiral Delay pedal to eurorack.
If you don't mind me asking... Any particular reason why? Based on the specs and features, it sounds like a PT2399-based pedal and there are already numerous options in eurorack for that. Check out The Jellyfish and the Dwarf Star Delay as two such examples.

Not trying to be a downer... just wondering if I'm missing something about what makes that pedal special. :despair: :tu:

lordymosh
Common Wiggler
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:18 am

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by lordymosh » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:32 pm

deftinwulf wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:07 pm
lordymosh wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:02 am
I hope they bring the Space Spiral Delay pedal to eurorack.
If you don't mind me asking... Any particular reason why? Based on the specs and features, it sounds like a PT2399-based pedal and there are already numerous options in eurorack for that. Check out The Jellyfish and the Dwarf Star Delay as two such examples.

Not trying to be a downer... just wondering if I'm missing something about what makes that pedal special. :despair: :tu:
I've only used a handful of pedals, one of them the space spiral. I guess I liked the sound of it but I will check out your suggestions as I don't have much experience with pedals.

User avatar
deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:34 am

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by deftinwulf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm

lordymosh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:32 pm
I've only used a handful of pedals, one of them the space spiral. I guess I liked the sound of it but I will check out your suggestions as I don't have much experience with pedals.
Hey, that's cool. Nothing wrong with liking what you like. Wasn't trying to rain on anyone's parade. Let me know if you find a eurorack delay you like. :)

User avatar
scutch
Common Wiggler
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:41 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by scutch » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Got mine today. Only had a chance to play with it for 2 hours but impressed so far. From my early experiments it doesn't feel like an end of chain reverb. That's what I was going for the with this purchase. Some great tones and nice modulation so far. I'm not a massive fan of the pitch shifting / drag which seems to be a key feature but I may grow to like it.

My only grievance so far, there weren't any rack screws included. Not a massive issue but after spending a few hundred euro you kinda expect to be able to get it racked up with what's included. there was a brochure of all their non euro pedals included, maybe there was an issue on the packing line.

minatorymodular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:02 am

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by minatorymodular » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:18 pm

I should probably give this a closer inspection. I'm looking for a good dungeon/cavern reverb, and I think this might work well. Hopefully it's not just the cool art influencing me.

User avatar
QuantumMechanakillWave
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am
Location: Cleveland

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by QuantumMechanakillWave » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:26 am

Sorry about that! We did not have rack screws for some of the first units, but wanted to make sure that folks still received their modules. Feel free to reach out via our contact page, and we will ship screws out to you when we are able to re-open.

https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/contact

scutch wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:27 pm
Got mine today. Only had a chance to play with it for 2 hours but impressed so far. From my early experiments it doesn't feel like an end of chain reverb. That's what I was going for the with this purchase. Some great tones and nice modulation so far. I'm not a massive fan of the pitch shifting / drag which seems to be a key feature but I may grow to like it.

My only grievance so far, there weren't any rack screws included. Not a massive issue but after spending a few hundred euro you kinda expect to be able to get it racked up with what's included. there was a brochure of all their non euro pedals included, maybe there was an issue on the packing line.
"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."

-Edgar Allen Poe

HavaH1138
1-Post Wiggler
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by HavaH1138 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:11 am

After deciding to finally take the dive into eurorack and buying a rackbrute case for my minibrute 2, this was the first module I knew I really wanted. I’ve always loved EQD pedals. I got this and a doepfer a-119 env follower. I had good results running a digital synth like a DX7 of Kawaii K1 into Afterneath and triggering a filter with the env follower. I also got pretty melodies w a contact mic on a thumb piano, same setup. It took awhile to adjust the levels and cv attenuation so that the v/oct modes were playing nice harmonies with my instruments,but it’s worth the time to setup. Even though I’m getting more into things like Mutable Instruments cloud clones like Monsoon and more complex FX modules, I highly recommend this for people starting out who want unique sounds without a steep learning curve.

hermitpez
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by hermitpez » Wed May 13, 2020 2:26 pm

I’m hoping they put some of their other pedals into Eurorack form, in particular, the Avalanche Run

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: Earthquaker coming to Eurorack

Post by damase » Mon May 25, 2020 8:25 am

that sonic state video really shows this off nicely. seems to be capable of great “hanging in the air” kind of reverbs, and react very well to modulation
can anyone tell me what happens when you modulate it at audio rate?

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”