Cherry Audio free software for Covid-19 hunkerers

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

scottmoon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Cherry Audio free software for Covid-19 hunkerers

Post by scottmoon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:31 pm

Cherry Audio is giving away some of their modular synth software to keep us busy while we're all cooped up. Good for them.

"Dear Synthesists,
We've all been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, and, like you, we're all staying at home and making sure our families and loved ones are safe. We want to do our part to help.
Starting immediately, and for the foreseeable future, we're making Voltage Modular Nucleus FREE for everybody. It's a complete modular synthesis package, with 22 modules and over 130 presets, for OSX and Windows.
Stay home, stay safe, make some music, and learn to master modular synthesis. We'll all get through this together.
- Cherry Audio"

https://cherryaudio.com/free
"If you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others" - PKD

My band's noise https://soundcloud.com/lunarasylum

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Cherry Audio free software for Covid-19 hunkerers

Post by Xmit » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:50 am

cheers for the heads-up - this is ok for a little freebie.

One question to anyone else using it : I can't use it in my DAW ( Live ) on either my Mac or Windows machine - it'll only
run standalone which severly limits it's usefulness.

The Voltage Modular Bundles / .dll plug-in files are in the correct VST plug-in folder in Live & when scanning or restarting Live it shows them as found
briefly ...but they are never anywhere to be found in the plug-ins list after Live has laucnhed - they're just not there.

any ideas would be amazing guys

cheers
Last edited by Xmit on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

thealienthing
Common Wiggler

Post by thealienthing » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:53 am

Nice find. I’ll be busting this out after work.

Clockgate
At paranoia's poison door

Post by Clockgate » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:12 pm

Xmit wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:50 am

One question to anyone else using it : I can't use it in my DAW ( Live ) on either my Mac or Windows machine - it'll only

The Voltage Modular Bundles / .dll plug-in files are in the correct VST plug-in folder in Live & when scanning or restarting Live it shows them as found
briefly ...but they are never anywhere to be found in the plug-ins list after Live has laucnhed - they're just not there.

cheers
I just downloaded it to my Windows 10 PC, and it worked perfectly first time standalone, and the VST3 with Reaper. I'm not a huge fan of soft synths, but this does look pretty cool, and sounds quite nice too.

Thanks to scottmoon for the heads up.
Musaceae Videos Banana
Clockgate Videos 5U & Eurorack

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:52 pm

Xmit wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:50 am

cheers
I have had the full version since the last Black Friday sale. It loads into Bitwig just fine. Both the instrument and the effects show up in my list of plugins.
----------------------------------------

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:23 am

hmmm.

cheers guys.

No one else using with Live ? It does seem odd that I have the exact same problem on Live on both my Windows 10 machine & my Macbook... so I;m guessing Live is the problem, not the platform...>

ronnieb
Common Wiggler

Post by ronnieb » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:12 am

Xmit wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:23 am
hmmm.

cheers guys.

No one else using with Live ? It does seem odd that I have the exact same problem on Live on both my Windows 10 machine & my Macbook... so I;m guessing Live is the problem, not the platform...>
Seemed to work as expected with Live for me, I just downloaded it and it popped up in my plugins.

Keen to give this a shot while I wait for VCV 2.0, thanks for the heads up :omg:

fac
wig MUffler

Post by fac » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:24 am

Downloaded it a few days ago. Kudos to Cherry Audio. The basic version is a bit limited in module variety (enough for me, though) but the modules do sound pretty good, and there are already several discounts in the cherry audio store and there are plenty of modules and bundles to choose from. I don't think I'll be buying additional modules because I already have several soft-modulars and rarely use them, but this is certainly a good one I wasn't aware of.

I'm recommending this to my students, in case any of them wants to get into synths, and I offered them to give online lessons during the quarantine.

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:00 am

Seemed to work as expected with Live for me, I just downloaded it and it popped up in my plugins.
arrgh. ok - well cheers for the clarification. dammit !

Zon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zon » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:56 pm

I also noticed the Soundtoys effect rack being free till june 30th because of the covid. Didn't want to open another seperate topic so maybe we can lump any free/sale stuff here?
A wanderer in the desert, a merchant offering his wares.

Return to “Music Software”