Here's the deal: I'm going through changes. I've sold a lot of modules from my current rack and now there's only a corpse. After thinking about what I want, I've made a sketch of a possible future rack.
Let me begin saying why I'm letting some modules go:
- Morphagene and me didn't work out. It seems to made for something much more like ambient and experimental than I want to do. I plan to make more structured music, like this or that (cheeers Neurotypique and TÆT !).
- Zvex lo-fi junky hasn't been used usually and I feel is not necessary anymore, since I'm planning to make use of some pedals.
- 100 Grit is kind of the same, although I don't have distortion pedals and I still want a distortion module but less radical than that.
- Maths, well, this is controversial but I think it's to big for how I use it (basically modulation).
- E370 has been in my rada for a long time. The reason why I haven't got one is size and price. I always think like "I can get something like Hydrasynth for about the same value and have much more versatility". And because I'm planning to get an ER-301.
- SSF ZPO sounds amazing. That's something I don't have much doubt about adding to my rack.
- Rossum Trident also sounds amazing but I ask myself if I want to add a big module like that or, since I'll already have ZPO, add something more "traditional" like Mangrove, MiniMod VCO and/or Lifeforms Primary Oscillator.
- ER-301. It's awesome. That's it.
- FH-2 expanders because I plan to link Bitwig with eurorack.
- Strymon pedal intefaces because I really need to be able to use my pedals with my rack (and I plan to use the 3U to 1U adpaters with it).
- I'm still asking myself if I should keep Magneto. It sounds so nice, but since I have pedals e Mimeophon.
- Gemini 2412. That's a hell of a filter. But it's big and since there are some really cool stereo filters coming, maybe I should let it go.
- Should I add more modulation and VCAs?
- What would you do in my case: external mixer, euro mixer or ES-9?
- Would you recommend something to fill my 1U rows?