King of the Hats

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

parasabda
Learning to Wiggle

Re: King of the Hats

Post by parasabda » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:27 am

I love the Meng Qi Karp as hi-hat. It has decay that gets pretty short so you only need a trigger to get going. I do wish the decay got shorter and it doesn't have much variety ( at least for hi-hat sounds). I wouldn't call it king but the typical hi-hat sound it does make is really pleasant.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:39 am

Crucible is cool for rides and something similar to hi-hats..its just a bit boring that 2 of the 3 modes are so extremely similar (like 2% difference - useless!) and the 3rd mode i don't really care for too much.

I've had Mutant Hi-Hats, Pixel Dust.. Most of the time i actually prefer samples. That never fails and you have unlimited variation. the analog ones have very little variation and you grow tired of them quickly i think. Crucible will stay because there's a lot of variation to have there, pretty cool to modulate too.

edit: ah, old thread, i have already participated, so im basically repeating myself :P

The_hitcher
Common Wiggler

Post by The_hitcher » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 am

ATW wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:13 pm
Plaits, Akemie’s Taiko, and Quantum Rainbow are working well for creating a wide range of hat sounds.

Befaco’s percall looks like a hi hat generation machine…
Just got the Percall. Haven't dug too deep in yet but seems very promising right off the bat.

maltemark
Ultra Wiggler

Post by maltemark » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:38 am

A vote for the WMD crucible!
Feel free to use my old samplepacks: https://freesound.org/people/altemark/
--

Return to “Eurorack Modules”