ADDAC215 Dual S&H+

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Thanks, man. I think I can do patient... :hyper:
Is it finished?
Latest Tune:
Sounds: SoundCloud , Freesound
Racks: Big Case, Top Row, Funboat, Tinicase

monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by monads » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:24 pm

behndy wrote:lop. nope! they said it should ship Mid November, that has passed but i havna hit them up yet. i've had a TON of new loot i'm grappling with getting my head around, so just being The Patient with the ship date?
In the same boat!! I'll save you the inquiry (since I placed/combined a large order with other items) and the new target release date is planned shipping by end of next week! I'm good with patient...have other items to keep me learning/rolling :party:

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:04 pm

yeshhhhhh. i'll hollah in here when they send it.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

lightworks
Wiggling with Experience

Post by lightworks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:37 am

ADDAC uploaded some videos explaining and demonstrating the ADDAC215 SH+:

[video][/video]
[video][/video]
[video][/video]

julios
Learning to Wiggle

Post by julios » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:43 am

Pretty clever. For such a low HP module it does pack a lot of functionalities. Anyone knows if this will available in DIY?

L4nd3R
Common Wiggler

Post by L4nd3R » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:30 am

julios wrote:Pretty clever. For such a low HP module it does pack a lot of functionalities. Anyone knows if this will available in DIY?
The last line of the description on the official page says:

"This module will also be available as a full DIY kit."

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:53 am

Update: Was in touch with ADDAC and my vendor on Thursday. If 215s aren't moving around the world as we speak they will be very shortly. :party:
Is it finished?
Latest Tune:

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: ADDAC215 Dual S&H+

Post by cptnal » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:42 am

Finally got a couple of these little beauts racked up. Does everything it says on the tin. I can well recommended.

Still trying to get the power specs out of ADDAC, but I can't see those being too onerous.
Is it finished?
Latest Tune:

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:56 am

murf. yeah. got mine in a few days ago, The GrrL and i are headed out on a 10ish day trip today so it's been way too hectic to do any musics. it's super pretty?

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:45 pm

It is pretty. It looks rather delicate with its tiny lettering, but that only belies its great power. :party:

Enjoy your trip. :tu:
Is it finished?
Latest Tune:

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:58 pm

yeshhhh. excited to play with it. it has a nice amount of output options.

thanks! The Wifey is from Chile, we're off to bump around there a bit.

a_b_d
Common Wiggler

Post by a_b_d » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:00 am

Anyone know a US-based store selling these (built)?

a_b_d
Common Wiggler

Post by a_b_d » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:42 am

For anyone else looking I was able to get one here (really fast shipping, too): https://www.signalsounds.com/addac-dual ... e-addac215

Does anyone else find the minimum slew time to be really long on this? Mine is slewing for several seconds on the minimum setting and is pretty much unusable for most musical applications. I've reached out to ADDAC and will update if they respond.

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm

a_b_d wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:42 am
For anyone else looking I was able to get one here (really fast shipping, too): https://www.signalsounds.com/addac-dual ... e-addac215

Does anyone else find the minimum slew time to be really long on this? Mine is slewing for several seconds on the minimum setting and is pretty much unusable for most musical applications. I've reached out to ADDAC and will update if they respond.
Did you ever hear back about the minimum slew time?

Found the 215 and 306 in stock at Elevator Sound. Should be a fun combo.

a_b_d
Common Wiggler

Post by a_b_d » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm

desolationjones wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm
a_b_d wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:42 am

Did you ever hear back about the minimum slew time?

Found the 215 and 306 in stock at Elevator Sound. Should be a fun combo.
Yeah, ADDAC replied that the slew was intended for slower modulations, which was really frustrating. They showed me which capacitors to swap but, even after swapping to the lowest (highest?) value they recommended, the slew is still not suitable for traditional musical applications.

Still a great module but this issue surprised me -- particularly because ADDAC has a great reputation.

closedLoop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by closedLoop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:16 pm

a_b_d wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Yeah, ADDAC replied that the slew was intended for slower modulations, which was really frustrating. They showed me which capacitors to swap but, even after swapping to the lowest (highest?) value they recommended, the slew is still not suitable for traditional musical applications.

Still a great module but this issue surprised me -- particularly because ADDAC has a great reputation.
Interesting.
The fastest slew is in seconds? How long does the maximum setting take to slew between 2 values?

From the standpoint of a mid-sized system, based on the feedback on here on MF and elsewhere, I thought this was the ideal slew, and I was about to pull the trigger. Now I have doubts...

Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dark Barn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Minimum slew is very fast on the Dual S+H, it is definitely not seconds long, i can’t measure it but it is in the realm of milliseconds. I do however seem to get *slightly* faster slew times just a hair above fully CCW on the slew knob, and oddly this seems to impact the circuit even when slew is turned off. To get no slew at all you need to turn slew off and keep the slew knob above the weird range at the extreme end of CCW.

I accept it, to me it’s a keeper module. Just has this one quirk.

Edit: on a scope when slew is enabled there is furthermore a short period after the slew where the target voltage takes a moment to settle, this is still under a second long but is longer than the slew period, and probably makes it NOT ideal for using as a pitch source, for all other duties including filter cutoff, it works like a charm for me. So, if that is your intended use for it I would avoid it. But I’d also argue that unless you are doing atonal music you would want a quantizer with a slew afterwards, for this specific purpose. If you are doing atonal music then just embrace the drift!
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review - podcast in ((poetic_stere0)) Spotify YouTube

leterell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by leterell » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:19 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm
Minimum slew is very fast on the Dual S+H, it is definitely not seconds long, i can’t measure it but it is in the realm of milliseconds. I do however seem to get *slightly* faster slew times just a hair above fully CCW on the slew knob, and oddly this seems to impact the circuit even when slew is turned off. To get no slew at all you need to turn slew off and keep the slew knob above the weird range at the extreme end of CCW.

Edit: on a scope when slew is enabled there is furthermore a short period after the slew where the target voltage takes a moment to settle, this is still under a second long but is longer than the slew period, and probably makes it NOT ideal for using as a pitch source, for all other duties including filter cutoff, it works like a charm for me. So, if that is your intended use for it I would avoid it. But I’d also argue that unless you are doing atonal music you would want a quantizer with a slew afterwards, for this specific purpose. If you are doing atonal music then just embrace the drift!
Interesting.

On my unit the fastest slew time is really slow. But i guess it's that posthumous drift. But it doesn't reach the incoming voltage at all. I was in touch with ADDAC and they said that the slew was added as an afterthought. 8-)

So I guess it's just me being uptight thinking that a slew should just slew the voltage, and allow for example pitch or otherwise precision-critical uses, but I'm frustrated by ADDAC's reaction on the matter.
looking for a STORAGE STRIP for my D0!

closedLoop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by closedLoop » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Thanks for the clarification. That 'settling' won't effect my slew needs, and now I definitely want this module.

a_b_d
Common Wiggler

Post by a_b_d » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Even with the mostly useless (for me) slew this is still an awesome module – just want to say that. Also, ADDAC support was very helpful and responsive, so want to put that out there.

closedLoop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by closedLoop » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm

A question for 215 owners:

If you trigger both channels of the 215 simultaneously (using a multed trigger/gate), using the internal noise input, do you get the same value from both channels? Or is there a slight built-in delay that makes the values on each channel unique?

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:19 pm

closedLoop wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm
A question for 215 owners:

If you trigger both channels of the 215 simultaneously (using a multed trigger/gate), using the internal noise input, do you get the same value from both channels? Or is there a slight built-in delay that makes the values on each channel unique?
An interesting answer for an interesting question: You don't get the exact same voltage from both channels, however it is always within ~0.01 - 0.15v or so (+ or - on either channel). If you send a trigger to just the channel A input and set that middle switch to "Individual Channels" you get the same result but with what seems to be an ever so slightly wider range that I'd say is ~0.01 - 0.20v. Every once in a while they do land on exactly the same voltage but I only saw it happen once or twice while testing this out.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”