touch interface projects ?

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

ordaleem
Learning to Wiggle

Re: touch interface projects ?

Post by ordaleem » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:40 pm

I also made a touch controller based on that synth-diy guy's video. But I didn't want the danger of going beyond +5v and thought it would be helpful to have an LED to know when I was at +5v. So here is what I came up with, using some little threaded metal things I'd had lying around for touch sensors:

toucher01.JPG

In the module the schematic below is just doubled. It uses a TL074. This is one of the first circuits I designed so feel free to critique, improve upon, etc!

toucher_schem.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AlanP
Ultra Wiggler

Post by AlanP » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:14 pm

I've built the circuit that Serge (under the name Arpad Benares) posted in Synapse Magazine. Works very well.

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:20 am

PAIA 8700 KBD computer and their 3750 Programmable dDums both used touchswitches. The switches worked well in actual use. Here's the manual for the 3750, which Peter Gabriel famously used to work out rhythms for the 'Melt' album. Incl .Games w/o Frontiers. So the touchswitches get vintage celebrity approval too!

Touchswitch design analysis on pg 23 and 24, Schematics at end of manual. There's no PCB layout, but the build was an article in Radio Electronics magazine in.. walks over to bookcase with stack of old magazines- March '78, pg 45. The article does have the PCB layouts. Can get a PDF of the magazine at muzines.com
Edit: Feb '78 R-E has the first part of the 3750 article, including design discussion. Was the cover article for that issue. So you may want to get it also from muzines. But the 2nd article and build manual posted here have everything essential. /edit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”