Montarbo Six on its way, does anyone here use one?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Hovmod
Common Wiggler

Montarbo Six on its way, does anyone here use one?

Post by Hovmod » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:18 am

I have bought a Montarbo Six keyboard amp unseen/heard, and since I don't know how it sounds I don't know how excited I should be. Looks pretty cool, six inputs, mixer with aux send and built-in fx, 15" + tweeter. Hope it's awesome. Any of you have one? Or tried one?
montarbo six.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hovmod
Common Wiggler

Re: Montarbo Six on its way, does anyone here use one?

Post by Hovmod » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

Well, this blew up! :hihi:
The amp is in the mail, so I'll know soon enough.

Wickedwillie9999
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wickedwillie9999 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:06 am

you've receive it? How does it sound?

Hovmod
Common Wiggler

Post by Hovmod » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:15 am

Oh, I like this thing a LOT!
The pots were a bit scratchy at first, but I just rotated them all frantically for a couple of minutes and they were good as new.

The 15" element serves up a deep and precise bass, quick to respond, clean and revealing, and mindbogglingly loud. I have set it up in a small rehearsal space, and I tap out at about 11 o'clock on the mix output knob, with quite low gain and level on the input channel. In fact, if I turn up gain and levels on the input channels like my gain staging intuition tells me I should do, it just immediately gets too loud for practical use in that small boomy space. So almost too powerful. I have not been able to make it clip or distort.

Although I haven't really gone full lab coat on testing it yet, I've listened for issues while sweeping low to high and it seems well balanced and very clean and clear, with no sense of "handing over" to the tweeter at any point. The MS-20 mini sounds amazing now.

The effects are quality, the cabinet seems solid as anything I've seen, and all this (including shipping, which was a chapter of its own) at a price lower than the Roland I had planned to get.

This will serve all my rehearsal and live needs for ever, and everything is SO MUCH BETTER through a good amp than in the PA, while freeing up the PA to do better the things we still need to put through it. Plus it's just one thing to haul around, just the modular, the Montarbo, and a small bag of cables (well, three things). And now my mixer and monitors and miles of cables can stay installed in my "studio".

Very happy. Recommended. :D

Wickedwillie9999
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wickedwillie9999 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:25 pm

Thank you for the very detailed description!

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”