The Deerhorn: A Ciat-Lonbarde podcast!

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

slam
Common Wiggler

Re: The Deerhorn: A Ciat-Lonbarde podcast!

Post by slam » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Love the podcast! You inspired me to go ahead and get a Plumbutter.

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:21 pm

slam wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 pm
I guess the podcast is doing it’s job 😂

Congrats on the Plum and let me know how you get along with it 🖤

Thanks for listening 🙏

luketeaford
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by luketeaford » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:30 pm

Somehow I missed this when it came out, but I am looking forward to catching up.

slam
Common Wiggler

Post by slam » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:37 pm

samule.edmoon wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:21 pm
slam wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 pm
I guess the podcast is doing it’s job 😂

Congrats on the Plum and let me know how you get along with it 🖤

Thanks for listening 🙏
I get along great with it, much better than the cocoquantus. The PB just suits me better for some reason.

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:45 pm

Completely agree! I’d take Plum desert island over Coco any day. That being said, I LOVE coco haha

Excited to see what you think Luke 🖤

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:51 am

Enjoyed the last episode, too bad the music piece seem to be cut or it faded way to quick. I should check the links i guess. Thanks!

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 pm

sungja wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:51 am
Enjoyed the last episode, too bad the music piece seem to be cut or it faded way to quick. I should check the links i guess. Thanks!

Which music piece? Or at which point in the show rather?

Muff McMuff
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muff McMuff » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 am

Just subscribed. I don't listen to many podcasts and i listen to them on ipad mini via the Apple podcast app. Just a general question but Is there a better way to listen to podcasts? When i search "deerhorn" with Apple it offers me, Coaching and Leaders, Dearborn Girl, The Detroit History Podcast...and the 7th result The Deerhorn. The first result with "deerhorn" in it! When i download the show (or any podcasts) it can easily take 10 mins or longer. I have 5G internet and can upload 2 min youtube video in seconds. Any recommendations for a better podcast experience?

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:47 am

Muff McMuff wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 am
Just subscribed. I don't listen to many podcasts and i listen to them on ipad mini via the Apple podcast app. Just a general question but Is there a better way to listen to podcasts? When i search "deerhorn" with Apple it offers me, Coaching and Leaders, Dearborn Girl, The Detroit History Podcast...and the 7th result The Deerhorn. The first result with "deerhorn" in it! When i download the show (or any podcasts) it can easily take 10 mins or longer. I have 5G internet and can upload 2 min youtube video in seconds. Any recommendations for a better podcast experience?
I’m really not sure! I tried searching just “Deerhorn” and it was the first result for me. I’ve also had no issue streaming immediately with wi fi or data. A download usually only takes a couple minutes on my end. Hopefully someone else can offer some solutions for you 🤞

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 am

samule.edmoon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 pm
sungja wrote:

At the end there was a piece of music which i guess was the deerhorn in action and it hit me real hard with emotions all over. Somehow i feel it was edited for the show but maybe it was not??

Noctopolis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Noctopolis » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am

sungja wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 am
samule.edmoon wrote:
sungja wrote:

At the end there was a piece of music which i guess was the deerhorn in action and it hit me real hard with emotions all over. Somehow i feel it was edited for the show but maybe it was not??
Since I wrote/performed that piece and am happy to hear that it evokes emotions: it’s not edited but it’s one of several tracks on the “Malacandra” album that morphs into the next one, since I edited the album as a kind of continuous journey. It’s on all streaming services as well as Bandcamp if you want to hear it in context. Glad you enjoy it!
Recent album: Malacandra. https://noctopolis.bandcamp.com/

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Noctopolis wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am
sungja wrote:
samule.edmoon wrote:
sungja wrote:

Since I wrote/performed that piece and am happy to hear that it evokes emotions: it’s not edited but it’s one of several tracks on the “Malacandra” album that morphs into the next one, since I edited the album as a kind of continuous journey. It’s on all streaming services as well as Bandcamp if you want to hear it in context. Glad you enjoy it!
Thanks for chiming in. I dont know if i was caught in a fragile state yesterday but as soon as the music started i was on a deep emotional journey of regret and started sobbing like a little girl. I know embarassing but i find it really therapeutic somehow and when its all over i feel better. Will check out the album, thanks again! :tu:

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:13 pm

That is amazing! I can’t imagine how great it must feel to have your music effect someone in that way 👍 absolutely beautiful track for sure 🖤

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:25 pm

I think the response to music is pretty individual and timing is a key factor as to how you react or relate to it. I have had some difficulties with relations lately and the frequencies in that piece really hit me hard. Maybe the composer have no such intent but you can never know with music and how it affects people.

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Yeah and great podcast btw! Loving the casual speak and laidback feel. :tu:

Noctopolis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Noctopolis » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 pm

sungja wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 pm
Noctopolis wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am
sungja wrote:
samule.edmoon wrote:
sungja wrote:

Thanks for chiming in. I dont know if i was caught in a fragile state yesterday but as soon as the music started i was on a deep emotional journey of regret and started sobbing like a little girl. I know embarassing but i find it really therapeutic somehow and when its all over i feel better. Will check out the album, thanks again! :tu:
Thanks for sharing the experience! I can definitely relate to the therapeutic effect of music and I agree with what you say about the timing (below in the thread). I’m also happy that you ended up feeling better. All the best to you!

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:06 am

Listened to the whole album just now, and wow what a ride! Managed to keep it together but still gave me some deep deep emotions of pain and relief. I thought i was done with ambient music like this for years because usually i give this kind of music a couple of minutes before getting bored and turning it off. Well done!

Noctopolis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Noctopolis » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:21 pm

sungja wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:06 am
Listened to the whole album just now, and wow what a ride! Managed to keep it together but still gave me some deep deep emotions of pain and relief. I thought i was done with ambient music like this for years because usually i give this kind of music a couple of minutes before getting bored and turning it off. Well done!
Wow, that’s some review! Thanks for taking your time to share your reaction. Makes my day really - glad that the music affects you in what I hope in the end is a good way. Take care!

leftbracket
Common Wiggler

Post by leftbracket » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:46 pm

A bit late to the party as someone generally unfazed by podcasts, but this was a very engaging and fascinating listen. It's wonderful to be able to get into the mind of other artists so directly, especially within such a philosophically rich context as Peter's instruments. Now I'm wondering if my Sidrax needs a friend...

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”