Mutton biphase ii still in stock

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

cscairney
Wiggling with Experience

Mutton biphase ii still in stock

Post by cscairney » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:36 pm

My-tron USA still has a few bi-phase ii pedals in stock

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Re: Mutton biphase ii still in stock

Post by sduck » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:41 pm

flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

cscairney
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cscairney » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Tried to nab mine a couple of months ago and couldn’t manage to. So happy I had another chance. Also hoping anyone who bought this to flip one of these at double is sad now.

PrimateSynthesis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PrimateSynthesis » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:29 pm

Any difference in sound between that and the original?

This new one looks way more space efficient, and has a more practical foot pedal interface. If I recall, I had to modify my original to get CV in (and LFO out).
FS: Rare Morley Rotating Wah Oil Can Delay!

Since the forum has gone back to being 100% community funded, I've decided to donate half the proceeds from the Morley Rotating Wah this thread is supposedly selling :miley:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=131332

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GrantB » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Welp, yolo right into 2021 I guess

cscairney
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cscairney » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:45 pm

PrimateSynthesis wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:29 pm
Any difference in sound between that and the original?

This new one looks way more space efficient, and has a more practical foot pedal interface. If I recall, I had to modify my original to get CV in (and LFO out).
I heard some examples from a namm appearance last year and liked it. Not sure how close it is in sound to the original but I know he’s reproducing the circuit as closely as possible. Not sure what he’s had to sacrifice...

BlinkyLights
Veteran Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:50 pm

IIRC, these are basically just Pi-Phases rebranded as Bi-Phases, with Pi-Phases having been the one good Bi-Phase clone before the Pi-Phase guy quit making them.

Further, the PCBs available from the guys at DeadendFX are also clones of the Pi-Phase, so you can always build an equivalent Pi/Bi-Phase II if DIY is an option.

Nothing but an original Bi-Phase is truly the same... Everything else including Bi-Phase IIs are really just Pi-Phase clones, so it's all sort of same - but different.

No affiliation with any of these folks, just a Bi-Phase fan.

Nonetheless, these sound great and are as close as it gets to a vintage Bi-Phase.

cscairney
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cscairney » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:07 pm

BlinkyLights wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:50 pm
IIRC, these are basically just Pi-Phases rebranded as Bi-Phases, with Pi-Phases having been the one good Bi-Phase clone before the Pi-Phase guy quit making them.

Further, the PCBs available from the guys at DeadendFX are also clones of the Pi-Phase, so you can always build an equivalent Pi/Bi-Phase II if DIY is an option.

Nothing but an original Bi-Phase is truly the same... Everything else including Bi-Phase IIs are really just Pi-Phase clones, so it's all sort of same - but different.

Nonetheless, these sound great and are as close as it gets to a vintage Bi-Phase.
Nice! Didn’t know about the clones

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GrantB » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 pm

BlinkyLights wrote:

The one available now is the Bi-Phase II which has some differences in functionality and layout from the older Pi/Bi-Phase. It's now got CV I/O instead of expression pedal and switchable 4/6 stage mode on both phasers. You can use the CV to join two pedals and get a quad phase. New one doesn't look as cool IMO but the layout is more straightforward.

Brian2020
Common Wiggler

Post by Brian2020 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:11 pm

It was the Bi Phase Reissue release a couple years ago that was a licensed and rebranded Pi Phase. I own that version. I’m really curious about how this Bi Phase II would sound if A/Bed against the Bi Phase Reissue. Might have to roll the dice and grab one of these, if nothing else the new CV control I/O would be fun.

Here is a picture of the Bi Phase Reissue (based on the Pi Phase):
BB7551E1-BDB9-40CC-B07E-EF5AB3619663.jpeg
BDEB5661-1AF7-43D3-A811-5481C42CD7D7.jpeg
87A3D508-93AE-4508-8308-1A7002AF7188.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlinkyLights
Veteran Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:01 pm

GrantB wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 pm
BlinkyLights wrote:

The one available now is the Bi-Phase II which has some differences in functionality and layout from the older Pi/Bi-Phase. It's now got CV I/O instead of expression pedal and switchable 4/6 stage mode on both phasers. You can use the CV to join two pedals and get a quad phase. New one doesn't look as cool IMO but the layout is more straightforward.
Interesting. Thanks.

A set of PCBs I got from DeadEndFX last year is CV instead of Expression, too. (They had both versions at the time, as I recall).

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GrantB » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 am

BlinkyLights wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:01 pm
A set of PCBs I got from DeadEndFX last year is CV instead of Expression, too. (They had both versions at the time, as I recall).
Looks like the Lola CV version is for the same spec as the original Mu Tron pedal which is 0-10V. More info here: https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopi ... 19&t=14002

Unfortunately the Bi-Phase II docs aren't very clear and don't state the CV range.
https://www.mu-tron.com/wp-content/uplo ... ide_v2.pdf

I wonder if the CV out will be compatible with the CV in on my Stereo Polyphase. I'll have to hook it up to the scope and find out.

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GrantB » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 am

Also, the title of this thread makes me want a t shirt that says Mu-Tton with the tuning fork logo turned into a sheep head.

BlinkyLights
Veteran Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:02 am

GrantB wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 am
BlinkyLights wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:01 pm
Looks like the Lola CV version is for the same spec as the original Mu Tron pedal which is 0-10V. More info here: https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopi ... 19&t=14002

Unfortunately the Bi-Phase II docs aren't very clear and don't state the CV range.
https://www.mu-tron.com/wp-content/uplo ... ide_v2.pdf

I wonder if the CV out will be compatible with the CV in on my Stereo Polyphase. I'll have to hook it up to the scope and find out.
Nice.

Curious...

Keep us posted.

johndevis960
1-Post Wiggler

Post by johndevis960 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:32 pm

GrantB wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 am
Also, the title of this thread makes me want a t shirt like travis scott clothes that says Mu-Tton with the tuning fork logo turned into a sheep head.
i am also looking for a shirt like that, please tell me from where i can get this.

everydaycurry
Common Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:56 pm

Bummed that my Bi-Phase II outputs an audible click in time with Phasor A - passable with the rate under ~10 o'clock but too much otherwise. Guess it's going back if I can get them to return an e-mail.

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GrantB » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 pm

everydaycurry wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:56 pm
Bummed that my Bi-Phase II outputs an audible click in time with Phasor A - passable with the rate under ~10 o'clock but too much otherwise. Guess it's going back if I can get them to return an e-mail.
Exact same situation here, waiting to hear back.

everydaycurry
Common Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 pm

Ah, nothing like having to pay return shipping to send back a defective item.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”