Gear That Ought To Be Cloned

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

n3wt15
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Gear That Ought To Be Cloned

Post by n3wt15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Im pretty happy with the gear in my arsenal, but if a clone of a Sh7 came about, I would probably jump on it.

To the nord discussion, I have a love/ hate with the G2, a modern nord modular, with sample, and CV in a similar form factor ( that g2 keyboard is my favorite live synth for its size and function, I wish my v-synth was the same size, and did multitimbral as well)
Im actually surprised Clavia hasnt jumped on the euro bandwagon, i mean hell, Id love a nord 1 rack with CV control

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 am

revtor wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 pm
For the fellow tape heads out there... I know it’s taking forever and feature creep is a bitch.. but the TE2 will be going live in 2021, I can feel it!
D6CB5D79-EE5C-4FC6-BFC0-10F4E18551DD.jpeg
You mean this right? :love:

The website of the SPACE CASE tape echo is down and no action on their Insta unfortunately. I really like the TE1, would love to have one:
Gaun Yersel!

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:35 am

n3wt15 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:58 pm
Im pretty happy with the gear in my arsenal, but if a clone of a Sh7 came about, I would probably jump on it.

To the nord discussion, I have a love/ hate with the G2, a modern nord modular, with sample, and CV in a similar form factor ( that g2 keyboard is my favorite live synth for its size and function, I wish my v-synth was the same size, and did multitimbral as well)
Im actually surprised Clavia hasnt jumped on the euro bandwagon, i mean hell, Id love a nord 1 rack with CV control
Oh yeahhhh! G2 infused with modern Euro thinking and the functionality you mention would be :deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:
Gaun Yersel!

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:23 am

:agree:
A modernized G2 surely does belong on this list.

sonicsavant
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sonicsavant » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 am

As a massive 80s Rush fan Oberheim OB-X/OB-Xa and the Waldorf PPG wave.

The digital trio as I call them Yamaha DX7, Roland D-50, Korg M1.
I know used ones are cheap but still 30+ year old electronics. There is something about these early digisynths that just have so much nostalgia and character.

The kings. Yamaha CS-80, DX-1. Especially the CS 80 because emulations don't do justice since finding a midi controller that sends poly aftertouch and has a ribbon controller is not easy.

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Bastl discontinued the Bitranger. I have no idea why they did that. I love mine. It is so fun. It took forever for there to be a time when I was ready to buy something and they were in stock. They seemed to sell like hot cakes. All I can imagine is lack of parts. I am really glad I bought one. I would pay for a software clone. If mine ever breaks I will be sad.
----------------------------------------

Unborn Gore
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Unborn Gore » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:14 pm

Gribs wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:08 pm
Bastl discontinued the Bitranger. I have no idea why they did that. I love mine. It is so fun. It took forever for there to be a time when I was ready to buy something and they were in stock. They seemed to sell like hot cakes. All I can imagine is lack of parts. I am really glad I bought one. I would pay for a software clone. If mine ever breaks I will be sad.
I contacted them recently, to ask them if they were going to produce more Bitrangers. They said there was no plans to do so, which really stinks.

The only other standalone unit that offers a clock divider is Koma’s RH301.

Return to “General Gear”