MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

tabulaRasa - Hybrid Wavetable Oscillator [ORDER PLACED]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Author tabulaRasa - Hybrid Wavetable Oscillator [ORDER PLACED]

surgesg

Yes, it'd be $50 US plus $8 shipping for the set, same as the last run.


idiotunderground

surgesg wrote:
Yes, I would like to gauge interest... if you'd like one or more, pls send me a PM and I'll keep a tally.

Thanks!

- Greg


PMed


clarke68

Here's my first pass at a Tabula Rasa panel:



10HP. I designed this to use the board-mounted pots and SD card slot. Let me know if there are any really great features/mods you'd like to see implemented...I like the clear space on this panel but would give some of it up if the additions were useful enough.

I don't have a quote on this yet, I'm assuming that the card slot is going to raise the price somewhat, but I'm hoping to be able to offer it for $20-$25.


mono-poly

Rockin' Banana!


negativspace

I like the contrast, those solid black areas really pop. Nice panel!

Now I want one. I need a bigger backlog box, mine's almost full. sad banana


clarke68

negativspace wrote:
Now I want one. I need a bigger backlog box, mine's almost full. sad banana

Lol. Actually, this one wouldn't even need a spot in your box...check it out, it's maybe 40 parts. A fast, experienced DIYer like yourself could probably build the whole thing in about 10 minutes!


Luka

while my digital lfo was working i found having an attenuator on the waveshape cv really handy


brother303

clarke68 wrote:
Here's my first pass at a Tabula Rasa panel:



10HP. I designed this to use the board-mounted pots and SD card slot. Let me know if there are any really great features/mods you'd like to see implemented...I like the clear space on this panel but would give some of it up if the additions were useful enough.

I don't have a quote on this yet, I'm assuming that the card slot is going to raise the price somewhat, but I'm hoping to be able to offer it for $20-$25.


Man,

your panels are awesome! we're not worthy

Since I have one TabulaRasa-pcb in my backlog,count me in for one panel.

thumbs up

Cheers
Greg


clarke68

Okay, here's an update:



A little more crowded, but has attenuation on the Wave Select that Luka recommended and it doesn't violate my "keep all of the jacks to the bottom and the sides so they don't interfere with wiggling" rule. A couple of graphic changes that Greg requested and we're at v2!


Jarno

nice panel, thinking about a second tabularasa, it's such a quick and easy build. Board mounted pots,very little components, spent most time on getting the SD slot done neatly ( drilling and filing).


keninverse

Great. I was planning on posting a suggestion to add an attenuator on the wave select. Looks great. I'm definitely in for one possibly two if there's another run of boards and PICs.


gwaidan

That panel looks brilliant-just one suggestion. Using a mounting bracket is pretty much essential with these due to the insertion force of the SD card-would it be possible to put a screw hole on the panel a bit below and to the right of the SD card slot?


clarke68

@ gwaidan
Great suggestion...will do!


diophantine

Very interested in this! I quickly browsed the thread, but possibly missed some things, so apologies if these questions got answered previously.

- are the boards populated or unpopulated?

- are the changes for +/-15V operation documented?

- does the SD slot need to be mounted to the board, or can it be hooked up on its own somehow? (I'd probably be doing this in 5U, and wouldn't be using the panel pots or anything.)

- what sort of input does the frequency CV go into? i'm mostly wondering if it would be possible to have 1 unattenuated 1V/Oct input, and another attenuated expo input.


nangu

The panel looks spectacular!!

The only suggestion I can think of is maybe moving the reset button off the PCB and putting it on the panel instead. That would make it so you could swap SD cards and load up the new sounds without having to power the whole rack off and then on again. It's not a big deal to me either way- I just thought I should mention it in case anybody really has to have it..


Cat-A-Tonic

I just finished the layout, and hole punching of my panel.

I was dreading doing the cardslot with a rotary tool,
so I tried using a center punch to perferate the line
and the smallest die in my hole punch to nibble the line.
It worked perfectly.

I'm going to use a 10-turn pot for Frequency,
and attenuators for everything.


brother303

Hi,

nangu wrote:
The only suggestion I can think of is maybe moving the reset button off the PCB and putting it on the panel instead. That would make it so you could swap SD cards and load up the new sounds without having to power the whole rack off and then on again.


Yep,that´s a good idea!

thumbs up


clarke68

nangu wrote:
The panel looks spectacular!!

The only suggestion I can think of is maybe moving the reset button off the PCB and putting it on the panel instead.

Thanks!

Adding a switch seems easy enough. I'm a bit confused by the BOM...is that just a momentary pushbutton SPST?


nangu

clarke68 wrote:
is that just a momentary pushbutton SPST?


Looks like it. Three of the four connections are ground.


surgesg

It is an SPST. I haven't actually found the reset switch to be of much use, myself, so I feel like it could be left off the panel...

Second panel looks great!


brother303

Hi Greg,

surgesg wrote:
It is an SPST. I haven't actually found the reset switch to be of much use, myself, so I feel like it could be left off the panel...


Does that mean sd-cards can be swapped without restarting (switching off and on again) the module?

Best regards
Greg


surgesg

Quote:
Does that mean sd-cards can be swapped without restarting (switching off and on again) the module?


Inserting a new SD card causes the module to reset automatically.


nangu

Excellent- I hadn't realized that. Never mind my suggestion about moving the switch to the panel then. Very cool!


Jarno

+1
haven't tried that but will, could be useful.


brother303

Hi,

surgesg wrote:
Quote:
Does that mean sd-cards can be swapped without restarting (switching off and on again) the module?


Inserting a new SD card causes the module to reset automatically.


ah,good to know. Thanks Greg.

thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Page 10 of 40
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group