MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

AudioGL: Apparently what Tron synthesizes with.Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
 MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author AudioGL: Apparently what Tron synthesizes with.
ziopad
Common Wiggler

PostPosted:     Post subject:

WOW. Just, wow. It would be great to be able to use this as a VST in Live, but honestly I think I'd be willing to work with it instead of Live. I don't think it'd take me long not to miss the hardware-derivative interfaces of other DAWs.

I'd be curious to know how it would integrate with hardware units like the MKS-80 or JD-990. Ableton doesn't seem to support sysex in a way that allows apps like MIDIquest to work as a VST, which is really a shame. It's pretty cool to think about being able to automate all the parameters on my mks-80 using a tool like this (though the rekon audio plug is great with ableton, it's the exception rather than the rule--and this automation interface looks unbelievably cool). Please let us know when you crank up the kickstarter campaign. I suspect you'd have a lot of support here.
Veqtor
Super Deluxe Wiggler

LPHovercraft wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:
It obviously looks amazing, but.. why? Seems like the work flow of working with 3D automation would slow you down like crazy. I find it enough headache to zoom in and out and scroll back and forth in Ableton Live. With 3D you'd have to rotate the shit around constantly, and zoom, and right and left, then rotate some more so you can see it from the right angle.

"I can't see the Automation clearly, there is something behind it."

I don't know, maybe I'll convert later when I can use it and I'll "get it" but from first glance it looks like a way to waste an entire day on something that could have been made in an hour.

Okay, don't flame me too hard for this, but:

It obviously looks amazing, but.. why? Seems like the work flow of working with patch cords would slow you down like crazy. I find it enough headache to punch in and out and route back and forth in Ableton Live. With patch cords you'd have to plug shit in constantly, and unplug, and it's basically mono, then plug some more so you can record it into your DAW.

"I can't play it polyphonically, there is only one voice."

I don't know, maybe I'll convert later when I can afford it and I'll "get it" but from first glance it looks like a way to waste an entire day on something that could have been made in an hour.

razz

I don't know if it was a part of the joke but, judging from the video, it seems the demonstration is just about showing how incredibly powerful the enviroment is, only with one voice. I've noticed at least one place where he strikes a chord on his midi-keyboard when testing the oscillator, at the very beginning of the patching demo.

This leads me to believe that this software is far more deep than any of the currently released videos reveal.

This + ableton live via rewire = MY ASS IS BLEEDING
AGL
Learning to Wiggle

Thanks again for all of the kind words regarding the project. I'm happy to see there's a good deal of interest.

Regarding the kickstarter idea, I'm holding onto it as a last resort, my preference is towards private funding. I'd like to have the supporters be people who I've met face to face. Still, if it comes to the kickstarter route, I'll definitely give you all a heads up!

Midi is pretty straightforward: click a parameter, enter in its controller number, or, twiddle the knob on your controller a little bit, and it's linked up. You can link multiple parameters to one knob/slider.

Sysex I can do, but I find that the issue with Sysex is not software, but the Midi format itself. In my experience, the Midi system gets bogged down when you're working with it. (My experience being automating a Juno-106 / MKS-7)
hednoize
Common Wiggler

I'm totally blown away. Thanks to the OP for turning us onto this.

AGL wrote:
Regarding the kickstarter idea, I'm holding onto it as a last resort, my preference is towards private funding. I'd like to have the supporters be people who I've met face to face. Still, if it comes to the kickstarter route, I'll definitely give you all a heads up!

FWIW if it came down to Kickstarter funding I'd happily contribute to help support the development and release of Audio GL, even thought I'm a Mac user and likely couldn't use the software for some time -- and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

In any case, I really hope you can make this project happen. Best of luck to you. It's utterly brilliant, and deserving of support and success.

And your programming on your track was seriously sick, too. BT just crapped his pants a little.
mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

hednoize wrote:
FWIW if it came down to Kickstarter funding I'd happily contribute to help support the development and release of Audio GL, even thought I'm a Mac user and likely couldn't use the software for some time -- and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Your certainly not! But then, I'd buy a PC just to run this!
parasitk
Learn to swim

mckenic wrote:
hednoize wrote:

Your certainly not! But then, I'd buy a PC just to run this!

I wouldn't go that far, but I might install Windows on my Mac to run it. I'd RATHER have a native Mac version. I'd also kick in to a Kickstarter.

With OSC support I imagine this would be so much fun with the Manta.
talfred
Common Wiggler

AGL,

how is the development of AudioGL going?
I'm really interested in your project, it looks really promising!

It would be nice if you could give us an update..

Al
eXode
Ultra Wiggler

I'm glad this thread got bumped as I had totally missed it. This looks so cool. Mindblowing really.
a100user
All the gear, no idea!

I can image having this projected up during a live set, it'd blow everyone away.
Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

AGL wrote:
Thanks again for all of the kind words regarding the project. I'm happy to see there's a good deal of interest.

Midi is pretty straightforward: click a parameter, enter in its controller number, or, twiddle the knob on your controller a little bit, and it's linked up. You can link multiple parameters to one knob/slider.

Sysex I can do, but I find that the issue with Sysex is not software, but the Midi format itself. In my experience, the Midi system gets bogged down when you're working with it. (My experience being automating a Juno-106 / MKS-7)

Like everyone else wants to know, if there is any news, please tell!
PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

also giving thanks that this got bumped - missed this whole thread cos i was in hostiple at the time.

this looks like one of those things that i wouldn't totally comprehend the real scope of possible sounds until i actually play with it though...
bsmith
Super Deluxe Wiggler

jawdrop
how did I miss this before.
i'd def tote throw in on a kickstarter campaign for this. phenomenal.
withakay
Wiggling with Experience

Wow, just wow, I really hope you get your funding. AGL, Maybe you should approach a game development house this with a motion controller could be epic SlayerBadger!
AGL
Learning to Wiggle

Hey guys. There's going to be a big update released next month. I'll post a link up here when it's ready.
hednoize
Common Wiggler

AGL wrote:
Hey guys. There's going to be a big update released next month. I'll post a link up here when it's ready.

Update as in news of a release? Very excited, if so..
mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Thanks AGL!

Anxiously watching this and looking forward to whatever you come up with thumbs up
AGL
Learning to Wiggle

Hey guys, I finally managed to push this one out the door. Here's the third vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJbHcuZUFl0

This one is going to give you a way better idea of what AudioGL is, and I'm also announcing a crowdfunding campaign.

The goal is to release AudioGL on PC & Mac within the course of a year.

If any of you folks contribute, thank you very much.

Let me know if you've got any questions.
whitewulfe
Chaos beckons, I heed the call

This.... this is deliciously insane!

Damn, can't wait to see more!
mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

WOW!

Will be pre-ordering as soon as my credit card is clear!

thumbs up

WOW!
Spanningtree
Loop free patching via 802.1d

Nice! The UI design alone is just kick ass! It looks/feels more like a work world, wow...
keetz
Common Wiggler

This looks so great it's unreal. I wish the dev would look into agile development and lean startup principles. Releasing early and often would go a long way on such an ambitious project.
Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Gracious me.
AGL
Learning to Wiggle

Glad to see you'll be contributing, Mckenic!

Keetz: You bring up a good point. Believe it or not, AudioGL v1.0 is a relatively spartan idea. It's "just enough" to get the project off the ground, and to provide the ability to make a professional mix in a modular environment. Any less and I think it wouldn't be enough.

But any more, and I would be going overboard. So, I am at least _trying_ to find that balance between having features, and just getting it out there.
lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

great stuff, id fund this any time! kind of reminds me of this "producer" that got into the guiness book of records with 2000 manual edits in one 3 min vocal track. what was his name?

the code is a work of art in itself. for music production id rather investigate into a new way of organizing the architecture of music. things like polyrhythmic, object based instantiating, genetics etc. ... in other words find a way of organizing all those micro edits into a language of related building blocks. then you are at the next level and its NON LINEAR.
Thundersack88
Common Wiggler

jawdrop..... fap fap fap...
 MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 3 of 5