MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
CURRENTLY BROWSING IN GUEST MODE
PLEASE LOGIN TO ENABLE FULL FUNCTIONALITY

Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules

FatRocky

radiodread87 wrote:
Hey guys heres a quick video of me playing the tiptop modules from the synthwerks FSR4C-B module, My beats suck but you get the idea. and the modules sound awesome!

Interesting thing I noted was that you can get a very playable response by patching the Scale/pressure out of the Synthwerks module into the Accent input of the TTA 808 modules. Also the CV if the bandpass filter in the HH808 module is great fun to mess with.

where did you get the HH's are they ready on the market?

radiodread87

FatRocky wrote:
radiodread87 wrote:
Hey guys heres a quick video of me playing the tiptop modules from the synthwerks FSR4C-B module, My beats suck but you get the idea. and the modules sound awesome!

Interesting thing I noted was that you can get a very playable response by patching the Scale/pressure out of the Synthwerks module into the Accent input of the TTA 808 modules. Also the CV if the bandpass filter in the HH808 module is great fun to mess with.

where did you get the HH's are they ready on the market?

had these in stock for a week man wink

SunSpots

well thanks for selling me on those pads... just add them to the list of modules I'll have to buy this year. I always saw those and sorta... knew they could be fun but didn't want to buy, but with the TTA drum modules they make more sense! Not a bad idea for other fun utility as well.
ss

suboptimal

Yeah that demo sold a few FSR modules, for sure. Neat. Wish I had the space (and cash).

WaveRider

suboptimal wrote:
Yeah that demo sold a few FSR modules, for sure. Neat. Wish I had the space (and cash).

analog MPC!!!! lol

tuj

Does anyone know if TTA will be doing a 909-style cymbal?

Veqtor

tuj wrote:
Does anyone know if TTA will be doing a 909-style cymbal?

It's mostly digital but might be cool anyway. The 808 cymbal... that's something I need! Also, rimshots+cowbells

tuj

yeah I know the 909 cymbals are samples, but they sound so good.

komyta

WaveRider wrote:
suboptimal wrote:

analog MPC!!!! lol

Exactly !
Well, minus a couple parameters.

SunSpots

WaveRider wrote:
suboptimal wrote:

analog MPC!!!! lol

What Euro looper modules do we have to choose from with easy punch in/out? and multiple channels? This is actually starting to be a really cool idea...

dude

i don't know if this has been covered in the 28 or so pages of this thread but does anybody know if the 808 clap is coming out ever or anytime soon? i may be able to have some hp for that thing if so.

Drumdrumdrumdrum

I have a feeling "the clap" is the next module on their list. Prepare your medicine cabinet now.

nihad

909 BD come oooooon!!!

haima

nihad wrote:
909 BD come oooooon!!!

+ 1

This is the one I'm waiting for. Such an efficent, usable sound. Fits in a busy mix much easier than the 808 most of the time IMHO.

Nice snare too. And clap. And cymbals, hats, swing, toms..... Argh! Anyone got a spare 909???

Dead Banana

Hahaha

Soy Sos

Had a chance to check out the kick and snare, very nice. What I'm really interested in hearing about are Gur's original drum voice designs. 909 kick also FTW!

synaptech

Can't wait for the 909 kick/snare. It's looking like I'm going to need a dedicated row just for all these drums. very frustrating

ryandfl

haima wrote:
nihad wrote:
909 BD come oooooon!!!

+ 1

This is the one I'm waiting for. Such an efficent, usable sound. Fits in a busy mix much easier than the 808 most of the time IMHO.

Nice snare too. And clap. And cymbals, hats, swing, toms..... Argh! Anyone got a spare 909???

Dead Banana

Hahaha

Agreed, I'm pumped about the 909 modules. I'm Probably going to get the 808 BD too, but I sort of think of it as an effect more than a kick, at least at longer release settings. I bet the 808 toms/congas will be sweet.

vav

Yeah i need those 909 modules.

fooddude

I know! Screw the 808 clap or any more secondary 808 sounds for now... bring on the 909 KICK NEXT! It's motherfucking bacon yo

..I'm just going to get the 808 and 909 kick and snares and a little Doepfer minicase... nice, simple, cheap, only 4 modules.

...and then just send pulse-samples from my mpc60 to triger dem. Just 4 modules, the rest of the 909/808 sounds I don't use much anyways and switch to different samples sounds (I dont want all my songs to always have the same percs), and if I do need the other sounds I can just use samples. But the BD/kick is def needed, since it is so easily heard and the backbone of 4/4 jams. I aint a module head, and kinda scared if I get a bigger rack than the mini-case, I am sure I will keep buying modules lol (which I am trying to avoid - always avoiding GAS..GASing for the TipTop modules is already bad enough lol)

anselmi

another vote for the 909 kick and snare as the next modules!!! screaming goo yo

a scanner darkly

Don't remember if this was asked before - what are the jumpers for? Didn't find anything about it in the manuals.

lionelfischer

is it normal for the power cable to plug into only one column of pins on the BD808 ? mine arrived with just one column of pins for the power cable

if its normal, does it matter which side of the power cable you put the single column of pins into?

suboptimal

Hm, no that doesn't sound right, offhand.

haima

Yes, eurorack power uses the both rows of the header in parallel - so you can safely move the power plug to the normal position, covering both rows.

Just make sure you have the plug around the right way of course! FUUUCCKKKK!!!

*** EDIT: ah, I see... with the photos posted below, looks like TT have gone with single row power headers on these babies. All good! ***

lionelfischer

here is how my bd808 module arrived
there is only one column of pins instead of two:

is this a non-working module i need to get fixed? i dont want to plug it in and accidentally blow it up.

Dead Banana

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 22 of 29