MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modulesGoto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
 MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules
FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

radiodread87 wrote:
Hey guys heres a quick video of me playing the tiptop modules from the synthwerks FSR4C-B module, My beats suck but you get the idea. and the modules sound awesome!

Interesting thing I noted was that you can get a very playable response by patching the Scale/pressure out of the Synthwerks module into the Accent input of the TTA 808 modules. Also the CV if the bandpass filter in the HH808 module is great fun to mess with.

where did you get the HH's are they ready on the market?
radiodread87
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FatRocky wrote:
radiodread87 wrote:
Hey guys heres a quick video of me playing the tiptop modules from the synthwerks FSR4C-B module, My beats suck but you get the idea. and the modules sound awesome!

Interesting thing I noted was that you can get a very playable response by patching the Scale/pressure out of the Synthwerks module into the Accent input of the TTA 808 modules. Also the CV if the bandpass filter in the HH808 module is great fun to mess with.

where did you get the HH's are they ready on the market?

had these in stock for a week man wink

"And since - my friend we have exposed your deepest fear! I sentence you to be exposed before all your peers! Tear Down the Wall!"
SunSpots
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well thanks for selling me on those pads... just add them to the list of modules I'll have to buy this year. I always saw those and sorta... knew they could be fun but didn't want to buy, but with the TTA drum modules they make more sense! Not a bad idea for other fun utility as well.
ss

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that demo sold a few FSR modules, for sure. Neat. Wish I had the space (and cash).
WaveRider
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suboptimal wrote:
Yeah that demo sold a few FSR modules, for sure. Neat. Wish I had the space (and cash).

analog MPC!!!! lol

tuj
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know if TTA will be doing a 909-style cymbal?
Veqtor
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tuj wrote:
Does anyone know if TTA will be doing a 909-style cymbal?

It's mostly digital but might be cool anyway. The 808 cymbal... that's something I need! Also, rimshots+cowbells

tuj
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah I know the 909 cymbals are samples, but they sound so good.
komyta
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WaveRider wrote:
suboptimal wrote:

analog MPC!!!! lol

Exactly !
Well, minus a couple parameters.
SunSpots
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WaveRider wrote:
suboptimal wrote:

analog MPC!!!! lol

What Euro looper modules do we have to choose from with easy punch in/out? and multiple channels? This is actually starting to be a really cool idea...

dude
fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't know if this has been covered in the 28 or so pages of this thread but does anybody know if the 808 clap is coming out ever or anytime soon? i may be able to have some hp for that thing if so.
Drumdrumdrumdrum
What she said

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling "the clap" is the next module on their list. Prepare your medicine cabinet now.

"Modular synths can take your ego out of the equation which, in music, is a blessing" - Jeremy Greenspan

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/glennkingsleymortimer
nihad
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

909 BD come oooooon!!!
haima
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nihad wrote:
909 BD come oooooon!!!

+ 1

This is the one I'm waiting for. Such an efficent, usable sound. Fits in a busy mix much easier than the 808 most of the time IMHO.

Nice snare too. And clap. And cymbals, hats, swing, toms..... Argh! Anyone got a spare 909???

Dead Banana

Hahaha
Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Had a chance to check out the kick and snare, very nice. What I'm really interested in hearing about are Gur's original drum voice designs. 909 kick also FTW!
synaptech
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't wait for the 909 kick/snare. It's looking like I'm going to need a dedicated row just for all these drums. very frustrating
ryandfl
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haima wrote:
nihad wrote:
909 BD come oooooon!!!

+ 1

This is the one I'm waiting for. Such an efficent, usable sound. Fits in a busy mix much easier than the 808 most of the time IMHO.

Nice snare too. And clap. And cymbals, hats, swing, toms..... Argh! Anyone got a spare 909???

Dead Banana

Hahaha

Agreed, I'm pumped about the 909 modules. I'm Probably going to get the 808 BD too, but I sort of think of it as an effect more than a kick, at least at longer release settings. I bet the 808 toms/congas will be sweet.
vav
Beer Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i need those 909 modules.
fooddude
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know! Screw the 808 clap or any more secondary 808 sounds for now... bring on the 909 KICK NEXT! It's motherfucking bacon yo

..I'm just going to get the 808 and 909 kick and snares and a little Doepfer minicase... nice, simple, cheap, only 4 modules.

...and then just send pulse-samples from my mpc60 to triger dem. Just 4 modules, the rest of the 909/808 sounds I don't use much anyways and switch to different samples sounds (I dont want all my songs to always have the same percs), and if I do need the other sounds I can just use samples. But the BD/kick is def needed, since it is so easily heard and the backbone of 4/4 jams. I aint a module head, and kinda scared if I get a bigger rack than the mini-case, I am sure I will keep buying modules lol (which I am trying to avoid - always avoiding GAS..GASing for the TipTop modules is already bad enough lol)

http://vimeo.com/edgarmaguyon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fooddude
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

another vote for the 909 kick and snare as the next modules!!! screaming goo yo
a scanner darkly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't remember if this was asked before - what are the jumpers for? Didn't find anything about it in the manuals.
lionelfischer
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is it normal for the power cable to plug into only one column of pins on the BD808 ? mine arrived with just one column of pins for the power cable

if its normal, does it matter which side of the power cable you put the single column of pins into?
suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, no that doesn't sound right, offhand.
haima
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, eurorack power uses the both rows of the header in parallel - so you can safely move the power plug to the normal position, covering both rows.

Just make sure you have the plug around the right way of course! FUUUCCKKKK!!!

*** EDIT: ah, I see... with the photos posted below, looks like TT have gone with single row power headers on these babies. All good! ***

Last edited by haima on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
lionelfischer
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here is how my bd808 module arrived
there is only one column of pins instead of two:

is this a non-working module i need to get fixed? i dont want to plug it in and accidentally blow it up.

Dead Banana
 MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 22 of 29