MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IN STOCK] Buchlidian Voltage Proc PCB, Euro Panel (CVP)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next [all]
Author [IN STOCK] Buchlidian Voltage Proc PCB, Euro Panel (CVP)
LektroiD
I put an order in earlier, hopefully I didn't miss the boat... eek!
negativspace
In fact you were the last one aboard.
steffensen
If you for some reason should find a left over 1 PCB + 1 Panel hidden away/forgotten, please let me know. smile
negativspace
Don't worry, I have PCBs and just reordered the panels. We'll be back to normal in a couple of weeks.
roqeja
Just wanted to make it official, my unit works great and I look forward to building my second one!

Highly recommended. thumbs up
steffensen
Awesome. smile
loowfizzz
Are there any PCBs and Panels left? I would like to order one piece?

Thanks...
hexinverter
Ohh, this looks like fun!
bsmith
I just did a panel of 4 that are normalled to a cgs04 dcmixer, and yowza it's a pretty cool set up. Kinda fonik attenuverting mixer-like except with slew. Have it behind a very funky lexan panel for now to live with it and see how it goes - i think i may do a toggle switch that makes it either go through the mixer or through a simple 'or' combiner.
negativspace
loowfizzz wrote:
Are there any PCBs and Panels left? I would like to order one piece?

Yes, the panels came about 20 minutes ago. They look good - so have at it. w00t
batchas
Please, does anyone have a picture of the populated v2.1 PCBs incl. connected cables to Buchla panel ins/outs?
Thanx!
batchas
Please see pix:
1) Do we use “th”? And what does it means?
2-8) Do we use these holes?
negativspace
1) Yes, that's the 'through' connection. If that's not present on the Buchla panel then no.

2-8) Nope, just vias.
lessavyfav
Th connection goes to the jack with the arrow pointing to it. It is a buffered mult of the input, right?

I got weird with the out hole(s) I though that there were 2( the one an the other hole below it ( and next to the LED) but It acted weird so I disconnected it and just wired the two out jacks together. I've decided that that second hole is for a 3 lead LED.

Other than that out thing this was a beautifully simple and laid out board. Usually I rely on super 4MS levels of walk through but this lil guy was cake! Maybe I'm learning something...

Now to get it to give me 3x gain... ;-)
negativspace
Yes, the through is a buffered copy of the original signal.

That mystery pad down by the LED and the output is your ground. You can see the connection to the ground plane in the 4 little 'traces' coming off it.
batchas
negativspace wrote:
1) Yes, that's the 'through' connection. If that's not present on the Buchla panel then no.

2-8) Nope, just vias.

negativspace wrote:
Yes, the through is a buffered copy of the original signal.

That mystery pad down by the LED and the output is your ground. You can see the connection to the ground plane in the 4 little 'traces' coming off it.

Thx a lot!!!
batchas
The 2 LEDs on Rod Serling panel confuse me.
Why put 2 LEDs when both react to pos (light is green) and neg (light is red) signals? I mean when we put 2 LED on the PCB and just invert the cathode on one, the first LED will light green while the second will light red. What is the advantage of 2 LEDs?

OK OK.. I got it. For the Rod Serling panel I should have ordered 4 green and 4 red coloured LEDs (or other combi. Anyway not bicoloured LEDs). So only 1 LED is lighten at a time. Green when pos signal and red when neg signal...
camelneck
Although I bought two rev1.5 and four rev2.0 CV Processors PCBs many months ago, I'm just now getting around to building a module that uses these PCBs. Although the 2 Rev1.5 PCBs correspond to Fonik's original schematic, I have not been able to find a schematic for the Rev2 PCB.

Is a schematic (or at least a block diagram) for the Rev2 PCBs available?

In regards to the Rev2 PCB, I think I finally understand why the dual op amp was added after I toned out this section of the PCB and made a schematic of it. It was added in order to provide a buffered output of the input signal and this buffered output is terminated on the "thru" pad. However, I don't understand why a buffered output was needed unless it is going to be used to provide a buffered multiple for the input signal.

However, I am clueless in regards to how this relates to the CV Processors themselves. Can you please elaborate on why this was done?

Although I think I finally have a clear understanding of how the Rev2 PCB works, I would prefer to have an official schematic of the Rev2 PCB because I have a rather cool modification in mind that could expand the functionality of these CV Processors.

Thanks.

EDIT: I had originally attached a block diagram of how I thought the Rev2 PCB worked. However, this diagram has been removed because it was incorrect. When I made the diagram, I thought the "thru pad" was for a 2nd input that would be mixed with the processed signal. I didn't know it was a buffered output of the input signal.
negativspace
You're right; the through pad is a buffered multiple of the input signal. That was an addition of mine to v2.x and is not present in the original schematic. (Nor is the other half of that IC, which is simply used as an input buffer.) The only other change I made, other than to tweak some component values, was to move the LED tap from pre- to post-glide, so now your slew setting is reflected in the LED.
limpmeat
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can the glide time be increased?
negativspace
Replace the 1U cap with a larger value.
batchas
It seems difficult to get any pix from a CVP as Buchla module, but I cannot imagine it was not made for Buchla when I see the Buchla oanels orders...
So I hope someone will be able to help here:

As we use banana for Buchla module, what do we have to do to "cut" the signals between in 1/out 2 and in 2/out 2 (I mean banana has only 1 connection. No ground).

For instance:
Signal A is 281e LFO OUT plugged into IN 1.

Signal B is 266e B OUT into IN 2.

SIGNAL A is also coming into B OUT from 266e! I guess it happens as IN 1 and IN 2 are connected, but how to avoid it (I mostly do not want to destroy my 200e modules with wrong interconnections).

How do you solution this with the CVP pcb from fluxmonkey (I have v2.2) for a Buchla module with bananas (I had this prob with my own module, mixing signals, and wanted to ask about this a long time ago. Unfortunately, it's difficult to google when you do not know how to call/describe it in a few keywords for the search engine).
So I hope you understand the question.
Thanx for helping!

Issue:

Other video here.
Rod Serling Fan Club
batchas wrote:
It seems difficult to get any pix from a CVP as Buchla module, but I cannot imagine it was not made for Buchla when I see the Buchla oanels orders...
So I hope someone will be able to help here:

As we use banana for Buchla module, what do we have to do to "cut" the signals between in 1/out 2 and in 2/out 2 (I mean banana has only 1 connection. No ground).

For instance:
Signal A is 281e LFO OUT plugged into IN 1.

Signal B is 266e B OUT into IN 2.

SIGNAL A is also coming into B OUT from 266e! I guess it happens as IN 1 and IN 2 are connected, but how to avoid it (I mostly do not want to destroy my 200e modules with wrong interconnections).

How do you solution this with the CVP pcb from fluxmonkey (I have v2.2) for a Buchla module with bananas (I had this prob with my own module, mixing signals, and wanted to ask about this a long time ago. Unfortunately, it's difficult to google when you do not know how to call/describe it in a few keywords for the search engine).
So I hope you understand the question.
Thanx for helping!

Both outputs are just multiples. Regardless that we use bananas, It's just a mult. I realize banana multiples are not common in buchla and part of the reason I did it was purely aesthetic. It made for a more balanced, correct looking panel IMHO. If you wanted each output to be different you could add some circuitry to make one of the outputs inverted or perhaps somethign interesting like Ken stones "gate to trigger converter to get a pulse output (untested).

After re-reading much of this thread I do realize I misunderstood one function. I misinterpreted that the "through" was an input that was unaffected and mixed with processed signal at output. In actuality the through is just a buffered unprocessed output of the input (a buffered multiple). Knowing this, using buchla color coding you can use the black (input) for the top and blue (output) for the bottom jack and both the right jacks, for each section.

Let me know if that didn't make sense.
batchas
Thnax for helping.
I have no prob with the mult at the bottom (the fifth row). I guess I'll try to make a mixer when time comes.

About the 4 rows, I think it would be much easier to know what PCB cable is going where on the panel (I'm not sure to understand "both the right jacks, for each section"), but what I now understand is that I should not have connected the IN 2 to the same input on the PCB than IN 1, cause IN 2 is not an input, but an ouput, with through function, going to the through OUT on the PCB. Is it right?
I mean I could just try, but if it is right I think it is good that others know it too.
Also if it is not...
Thanx!!!
Rod Serling Fan Club
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next [all]
Page 33 of 41