MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What new booty did you buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 267, 268, 269  Next [all]
Author What new booty did you buy?
FSK1138
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

1 year old booty... but feels new - since the upgrade
acer dual touch screen laptop 10 finger touch win7 --->win8 pro
acer a100 android 3.1----->acer a110 4.11 all butter baby

oh and modded korg ms20 LC i have 5 of them
mmp
Fizmo Keyboard.
Peake
$9 thrift store dual 7-band Sansui graphic EQ. Should be good on the inputs of spring reverbs, in FX loops...
wsy
25 PIC 16F1825 chips from DigiKey- for a synth DIY project. :-)
automaton
opsysbug wrote:
Double bubble

Sweet! I know it totally loses its flavor within the first minute, but man... what a minute.
nlaudadio
midipal!
8MU cabinet!
MC202!
O'Tool!
flo

SlayerBadger! It's motherfucking bacon yo
Kent
Is that Zyklus from the recent Vemia auction? I still don't really know what those things do exactly but I find them intriguing.
flo
No, I never would have paid the price the one on Vemia went for. eek!

Well I've only scratched the surface of it, but so far I've found it very convenient to set up and edit polyphonic midi sequences in real time or step mode. 12 sequences can be played simultaneously on four assignable midi outs. Loads of improv possibilities like poly transpose, looping, single shots, chaining, etc. - have to dig much deeper into that soon thumbs up I find it kinda comparable to using the Ableton session view to send out a few midi tracks to hardware so far, but with a dedicated and easy to use machine.

I'm really impressed by the build quality. It's a tank we're not worthy
Kent
I'm glad to hear that it is easy to use. It has always come off as inscrutable to me. It sounds interesting in the way that you have described it.

Here's something that I just picked up.

hollowman
Kent wrote:
I'm glad to hear that it is easy to use. It has always come off as inscrutable to me. It sounds interesting in the way that you have described it.

Here's something that I just picked up.

Tastey applause
Kent
hollowman wrote:

Tastey applause

I struggled with this thing for 45 minutes and was completely underwhelmed. I even followed the owner's manual step-by-step.

I then checked out the tube complement and discovered that the preamp tube had been exchanged for a 6BZ6. The owner's manual mentions nothing regarding that tube being a valid replacement for the 6AK5. I put in a 6AK5 from my KV-100 and the TS-21 sprang to life. It suddenly had much more range and more gain. Awesome!

Maybe the 6BZ6 is a viable substitute in that position or maybe it was just tired. I dunno.

Time to install it in my Metasonix rack.

===edit===

Having now dug deeper it turns out that some wiring needed to be repaired and the CV jack for the input gain was bad. Now that she is fixed up she sounds awesome with the 6BZ6 that Eric has confirmed as being okay in position V2.
RealDudes
crappy phonic mixer, but it captures 8 channels + stereo mix direct to computer. $60 on craigslist, welcome to the 21st century
nanners
Babaluma
i started out with a phonic mixer back in 1992. it was a piece of shit, but it served its purpose very well. cost loads more than yours, but probably didn't do half the shit or sound half as good. welcome to the 21st century indeed!
rockthomas
Quote:
I struggled with this thing for 45 minutes and was completely underwhelmed. I even followed the owner's manual step-by-step.

I then checked out the tube complement and discovered that the preamp tube had been exchanged for a 6BZ6. The owner's manual mentions nothing regarding that tube being a valid replacement for the 6AK5. I put in a 6AK5 from my KV-100 and the TS-21 sprang to life. It suddenly had much more range and more gain. Awesome!

Maybe the 6BZ6 is a viable substitute in that position or maybe it was just tired. I dunno.

Time to install it in my Metasonix rack.

===edit===

Having now dug deeper it turns out that some wiring needed to be repaired and the CV jack for the input gain was bad. Now that she is fixed up she sounds awesome with the 6BZ6 that Eric has confirmed as being okay in position V2.

I would love to hear it in action. It's a rare thing!
flo
Kent wrote:
...my Metasonix rack.

Yeah, pics and sounds please! applause
Kent
flo wrote:
Kent wrote:
...my Metasonix rack.

Yeah, pics and sounds please! applause

rockthomas wrote:

I would love to hear it in action. It's a rare thing!

Only the best for you, my darlings.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/ts21breathes[/s]
The above is just a bit of noodling about. I've layered the Buchla 261e's sinewave with the TS-21 in the above example. The TS-21 pretty much dominates though.

My TM-1 begged me to not forget about her. The KV-100 reminded me that she is a fine pre-amp as well and has a filter.
hihi
My initial impressions are that I like it more than the TM-1 and that really is saying something as I think that the TM-1 is the standout in the TM-series. I don't use the TM-1 ring-mod much unless it is with an external carrier. I do have a Wretch though so I haven't explored the TM-6 or TM-3 with much conviction.
The TS-21 seems to be less shrill than the TM-1 and more controllable. It's less twitchy. Even when the LFO on the TS-21 is shut off either L2 or L1 has a good effect upon the sound. The wave-shaping (beam screen) is very smooth on the TS-21.
The CV inputs are very smooth in most settings although there is a handful of setting that require quite a bit of input voltage to have an effect.
As per the product literature, it really is looking for hot edgy waves on its input in order to do its thing. I've found that it works better with the Voyager and 200e than the Wretch Machine. Keep in mind that it is early days though.

This box will definitely make it onto some tracks.
chamomileshark
Picked up a Emu Morpheus and a Roland SDE 2500 - just waiting for them to arrive
50quidsoundboy
pulled the trigger on a Livid Block: http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_block.php

SUBOTNICK STYLE headbang

now to learn Max4live
morphic

dinsync.info osc303mk2 came today with custom panel we're not worthy
mattysal
picked up a ensoniq dp/4+

super awesome for the price!
sydilaxe

Some 80's rack fun. Picked it all up at a very reasonable price. I am digging the DOD spring reverb. It is nice and dirty.
Moog$FooL$
groovy!! thumbs up

don't often see dod rack stuff like that.
u might also have some modulation feedback fun with that ibanez jobby.
SMS303
Got my first Fenix II synth!!! we're not worthy nanners
odecahedron

w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 267, 268, 269  Next [all]
Page 97 of 269