MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next [all]
Author MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order
funqpatrol
Kudos to Mordax who swiftly repaired my broken Data. Great customer service! Thanks guys.
bfessler
funqpatrol wrote:
Kudos to Mordax who swiftly repaired my broken Data. Great customer service! Thanks guys.

You're welcome funqpatrol! We aim to please Mr. Green
bfessler
Mawkeyz wrote:
I love this Data! I'm sure this is not a trivial request but I would love to see the P-P voltage displayed for each scope channel.

Agreed. I've had "stats" on the list of things to add to the scope for awhile, as that's a feature of my bench scope I use a lot.

Probably won't make it into the current update in process, but likely will be added in a future update.
Riggar
funqpatrol - Kudos to Mordax who swiftly repaired my broken Data. Great customer service! Thanks guys.

Same here - had a problem sorted and turned around real quick to UK. Great service.
Mawkeyz
bfessler wrote:
Mawkeyz wrote:
I love this Data! I'm sure this is not a trivial request but I would love to see the P-P voltage displayed for each scope channel.

Agreed. I've had "stats" on the list of things to add to the scope for awhile, as that's a feature of my bench scope I use a lot.

Probably won't make it into the current update in process, but likely will be added in a future update.

nanners nanners nanners
phutureboy
Hi there, Did I miss it in the manual or is this not implemented ? but I would like to know if it's possible to freeze the display at any given time ? so that one can look closer to some variations when needed...
Ideal would be to be able to save a screenshot as a tiny jpg or bmp file on the SD card with the push of a button... love
would allow to compare some behaviours sometimes...
JakoGreyshire
There is a run/ stop button on the Oscilloscope and the spectrograph....

Other then that, seriously, i just don't get it

use a camera?
phutureboy
Run/Stop does it, thanks ! thumbs up
An internal screenshot would be the best but a camera is better than nothing, although pictures will always be distorted...
suthnear
Firmware update request: can the module please start in the oscilloscope screen rather than the menu? I just had a click encoder fail on another module and this made me realise that the Data would be totally useless if this happened. If the module started on the oscilloscope, we would always be able to access it's primary function at least...
Wick
On superbooth19 made a announcement a sequencer program for the data
qwertyuiop
Here's a quick video with some info on the sequencer in the upcoming firmware:

pelang
excellent, thanks !
BaloErets
qwertyuiop wrote:
Here's a quick video with some info on the sequencer in the upcoming firmware:

Thanks so much for sharing thumbs up
Groundloop
applause I'm very excited to see this update! I've been using Fugue Machine on my iPad to sequence up to 4 voices, and it would be great if the DATA sequencer had similar functionality like independent playback speed and direction for each lane.
Wick
I’m just wondering if is possible now with the sequencer program on the data if the internal vcos can be sync running with the sequencer program at the same time?
Riggar
This looks good - so great for modules to get updates every so often - keeps the interest flowing.
second_breakfast
Any updates on restocking dealers? I’ve had a white Data on preorder at perfect circuit for quite a while.
JoshuaD
Definitely keeping an eye out for a restock. Hoping it won’t be too much longer.
Richard deHove
For those (like me) waiting for the new batch: I emailed Mordax and received a very quick reply with useful info. I was told by Brandon that they are using a new manufacturing partner and have also had some wait on other parts. The good news is the first "inspection" units are expected in the next few days and all being well units should ship toward the end of July. hyper

(I'm always impressed when companies answer emails fast and politely. Some don't bother to reply at all.)
Mr. Roboto
Does anybody have any news regarding the new firmware? Can‘t find anything on their website but in May they mentioned that the new firmware will be available next month (which would have been June).
So maybe they faced a few issues during testing their new sequencer firmware?
nikarga
wanne wrote:
sometimes when i turn on my system the screen goes white with some stripes on it and the module doesnt boot up...
after restarting the power it boots up fine..
anyone with the same bug /problem ?
i use doepfer psu3 and have enough power left in the rack...so this should not be an issue...fw.is 1.02.02

Have started a specific thread for this:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3103185#3103185

Was wondering if you had a solution... just received a new one and it doesnt boot up (stuck on a white/blank screen).. bummer..
bfessler
nikarga wrote:

Have started a specific thread for this:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3103185#3103185

Was wondering if you had a solution... just received a new one and it doesnt boot up (stuck on a white/blank screen).. bummer..

Hey nikarga, I just saw your post (and DM, and email) from this morning. Let’s continue the tech support via email, just sent you one thumbs up

Generally, a DATA with a blank white screen either needs to have the display's FCP cable connection checked/re-seated, as pekbro mentioned in your new thread, or it’s a sick DATA and needs to come back to Mordax HQ for a checkup.

Last run I had one customer reporting a white screen, they sent it back and I checked it out, total system failure, I couldn’t talk to with with the in-house programming tools. So, I sent them another one, and then to our surprise, same issue, the white screen again!

After a few more emails back and forth we got to the bottom of it; their case had a Synthrotek power supply with its voltage regulator soldered in backwards, so it was putting out +15V on the +5V line and frying the DATA’s 3.3V regulator (and the MCU connected to it), but it didn’t blow the display’s backlight LEDs, hence the white screen. Long story short, they got a 4ms Row Power, I sent another replacement DATA, and they wiggled happily ever after -The End
Dancing Star Dancing Star Dancing Star
nikarga
5 stars for the super quick comms from Brandon..
Didn’t expect a reply on a Sunday... wow.
Super clear, super helpful. Thank you

I just hope my new 3U Erica Synth rack aint the problem...
That would be pretty disastrous for future modules! thumbs up we're not worthy we're not worthy
peterpanderretter
Mr. Roboto wrote:
Does anybody have any news regarding the new firmware? Can‘t find anything on their website but in May they mentioned that the new firmware will be available next month (which would have been June).

Any news on that topic?
bfessler
peterpanderretter wrote:
Mr. Roboto wrote:

Any news on that topic?

Still working on it!!! spinning

Per usual, everything takes 5x times longer than I think it will...

Specifically, after I got going on it the feature creep set in and now it's looking like it'll be the most complex program in the DATA system. Shoulda seen that coming, sequencers are not trivial things. A lot of it is just tricky UI stuff though, as the DATA's one knob and nine buttons was not originally planned for a quad CV/Gate/Trig/Note sequencer's interface, and it must be kept as fluid and intuitive to use as the rest of the programs.

So yeah, it's still coming, and I won't release it until it's done to my liking, because if I'm happy with it, then I'm confident a few of you will like it too. thumbs up

I was aiming to have it for Knobcon last weekend, but then kicked out the target date to Velocity Seattle (October 5th). We'll see if I get it by then, as there's a shit ton still to do regarding system integration and pre-release testing, and I might try to squeeze in the spectral program's revamp on this one too (has the added bonus of not needing to refactor the main menu if I do), and this is all concurrent with the present DATA production run's assembly process...
Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next [all]
Page 32 of 34